Aptus nutrients

• Thread starter Dutchtouch
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dutchtouch

Dutchtouch

Man you will LOVE that Adjust-A-Wings they kick ass, what ballast are you running, looks like the one that have the remote control, can't think of the name, oh well..:cigar: How many of them can you hook to one breaker ?, The New setup looks Fucking Kill as alway A++ ...:cool:
24 into a titan 24 from sunlight supply

Chrondondalae

Chrondondalae

I been splitting ready grow with a bag of vermi fire and getting awesome results
Funny, I've been thinking about splitting Gold Label 60/40 with Vermi Fire and seeing how it goes.

Are you mixing the Aptus pellets in that mix or are you using a base with it? As usual I like what I see, keep it up!

Dutchtouch

Dutchtouch

Funny, I've been thinking about splitting Gold Label 60/40 with Vermi Fire and seeing how it goes.

Are you mixing the Aptus pellets in that mix or are you using a base with it? As usual I like what I see, keep it up!

Yes I recommend that mix your thinking of.

I stopped with the Aptus pellets in a few of my rooms and start to play around with the liquids Im running flora nova right now through veg and test out botanics new kind through flower

Cheers

Dutchtouch

Dutchtouch

TY for the quick reply.

For HPS do you use Ushio as well? If not, what brand do you use?

Do you prefer any company when it comes to electronic ballasts? Ive seen one of your rooms using exclusively Quantum ballasts but I do not recognize the ballasts in the MH room.
I use ushio bulbs through flower to and I now run Solistek. I had to many failures with quantum

Solistek has to be the best ballast on the market right now

J

jbizness

Yo dutch ur t-huggin it bruh killin my led setup lol. I had one question do you use any carb ptlr sweetner? I really like what bud candy does for me and I've been eyeing the prestine aptus case at the shop might have to switch it up..

YaaMon

YaaMon

So VermiFire is some good stuff eh? There's only 1 place around me that carries it and they have a ton of it. Maybe people just don't know about it in my area? Not to mention it was the cheapest soil they had which had me a little weary. Maybe they just got a killer deal on some pallets...who knows

Ladyv

Ladyv

FWIW, I jumped on the Aptus wagon after spending a couple months lurking and reading threads here and on "another site" on the product. I met with a rep at a local hydro shop and spent a couple of hours going over the products. My girls were fed with H&G coco base for the first 3 weeks of veg as I was using up the product, then I flushed them and moved to Heavy 16.

I am actually impressed at the simplicity of the program. I love that I'm not toting a million different bottles in and out of the room anymore.

I'm in a sealed environment which is dialed, Co2, Sealed 1k HPS hoods. I run Heavy 16 base, H&G Coco coir mixed 60/40 with coarse perlite. I supplement with the Aptus boosters once a week, Caps tea once a week, the rest of the days I just use base. One of the base days I throw in some Sea Green. 1X week foliar with Cannaboost. Here are the ladies at Day14, still tweaking the base EC amounts, but feeding significantly lower than previous runs with other brands.

MG 2238 800x533
 MG 2256 800x533
 MG 2258 800x533

So, this is me, tipping my hat to you Dutch, thanks for the inspiration!!

Dutchtouch

Dutchtouch

FWIW, I jumped on the Aptus wagon after spending a couple months lurking and reading threads here and on "another site" on the product. I met with a rep at a local hydro shop and spent a couple of hours going over the products. My girls were fed with H&G coco base for the first 3 weeks of veg as I was using up the product, then I flushed them and moved to Heavy 16.

I am actually impressed at the simplicity of the program. I love that I'm not toting a million different bottles in and out of the room anymore.

I'm in a sealed environment which is dialed, Co2, Sealed 1k HPS hoods. I run Heavy 16 base, H&G Coco coir mixed 60/40 with coarse perlite. I supplement with the Aptus boosters once a week, Caps tea once a week, the rest of the days I just use base. One of the base days I throw in some Sea Green. 1X week foliar with Cannaboost. Here are the ladies at Day14, still tweaking the base EC amounts, but feeding significantly lower than previous runs with other brands.

View attachment 319510View attachment 319511View attachment 319512

So, this is me, tipping my hat to you Dutch, thanks for the inspiration!!

Thanks buddy and your room is looking sweet and most of all healthy

I had a few personal messages sent to me on another site saying that the decreased yield with Aptus and when I got down to it with theses guys they where only using the Aptus boosters once per week

Personally I don't think that is sufficient but I know jack does it and kills it with that method but what works for him may not work for everyone else but you know what I never tried it so perhaps I will

Keep up the good work bro your room looks clean !!!!

Dutchtouch

Dutchtouch

So VermiFire is some good stuff eh? There's only 1 place around me that carries it and they have a ton of it. Maybe people just don't know about it in my area? Not to mention it was the cheapest soil they had which had me a little weary. Maybe they just got a killer deal on some pallets...who knows

I think it's a little hot on its own thats why I mix it with coco and i think I hit a sweet spot with that mix

Dutchtouch

Dutchtouch

Yo dutch ur t-huggin it bruh killin my led setup lol. I had one question do you use any carb ptlr sweetner? I really like what bud candy does for me and I've been eyeing the prestine aptus case at the shop might have to switch it up..

Sugars and sweeteners are a myth bro it has no effect on the taste

Sugars don't do shit for the plant only for the bacteria

Don't be fooled by the marketing machines !

Good luck

Ladyv

Ladyv

Thanks buddy and your room is looking sweet and most of all healthy

I had a few personal messages sent to me on another site saying that the decreased yield with Aptus and when I got down to it with theses guys they where only using the Aptus boosters once per week

Personally I don't think that is sufficient but I know jack does it and kills it with that method but what works for him may not work for everyone else but you know what I never tried it so perhaps I will

Keep up the good work bro your room looks clean !!!!

Thanks a bunch Dutch, one thing though.....it's sis, not bro ;)

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Sugars and sweeteners are a myth bro it has no effect on the taste

Sugars don't do shit for the plant only for the bacteria

Don't be fooled by the marketing machines !

Good luck

sugars do something for the bacteria, which is absolutely doing something for the plants. Microbes feed of sugars the plant root exchanges - when there are more sugars in the soil the biolife is more active, resulting in more organically synthesized horomones, vitamins, and nutrients that are immediately up takeable by the plant. This has a direct affect on the flavors, smells, and smoke-ability of bud. Any excess sugar that can't be leached from the plant into the soil (due to high carbohydrate concentrations in soil) will either be built up in stems and roots as starch (increasing yields), or well as sent to areas of the plant where there are deficiencies as an immediate source of energy. Excess sugar can also be dumped into lower fan leaves along with other plant wastes that can't be secreted, and the leaf will be shed as a method of getting rid of the waste.

there are multiple studies showing that plant roots gain size and mass when fed simple sugars, and I have seen for myself that sugars/sweeteners have extraordinary impacts on root zone health, plant vitality, and finished product.

Dutchtouch

Dutchtouch

sugars do something for the bacteria, which is absolutely doing something for the plants. Microbes feed of sugars the plant root exchanges - when there are more sugars in the soil the biolife is more active, resulting in more organically synthesized horomones, vitamins, and nutrients that are immediately up takeable by the plant. This has a direct affect on the flavors, smells, and smoke-ability of bud. Any excess sugar that can't be leached from the plant into the soil (due to high carbohydrate concentrations in soil) will either be built up in stems and roots as starch (increasing yields), or well as sent to areas of the plant where there are deficiencies as an immediate source of energy. Excess sugar can also be dumped into lower fan leaves along with other plant wastes that can't be secreted, and the leaf will be shed as a method of getting rid of the waste.

there are multiple studies showing that plant roots gain size and mass when fed simple sugars, and I have seen for myself that sugars/sweeteners have extraordinary impacts on root zone health, plant vitality, and finished product.

As I said bud the plant has no use for sugars, but the microlife does. lots of comapanies are jumping on the sugar band wagon and the truth is your feeding the microbes not the plant. You have banana blue berry and all these flavors but that doesn't mean that the end product will taste that way. Just buy cheap molasses from whole foods or even Ralphs for a third of the price you will pay at a hydro store

YaaMon

YaaMon

Good on ya Dutch, by the way, you're straight killin' it bro. The attention to detail is what will keep ya ahead of the game, thanks for kicking the knowledge down to the little guys.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
grandmas unsulphured black strap molasses was on clearance yesterday at VOns for 1.99 a jar. I bought all of them, and a few boxes of turkey baster bags.

The checker was dumbfounded by my purchase. LOL.

Ladyv

Ladyv

grandmas unsulphured black strap molasses was on clearance yesterday at VOns for 1.99 a jar. I bought all of them, and a few boxes of turkey baster bags.

The checker was dumbfounded by my purchase. LOL.

Crap, now I want to go check the clearance rack at my Vons! $1.99 is a deal!

I've really been happy with the Wholesome sweetners brand, it's easy to find at a local Sprouts and Whole Foods, normally a good deal @ $7-$8 bucks for the 32oz bottle.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

As I said bud the plant has no use for sugars, but the microlife does. lots of comapanies are jumping on the sugar band wagon and the truth is your feeding the microbes not the plant. You have banana blue berry and all these flavors but that doesn't mean that the end product will taste that way. Just buy cheap molasses from whole foods or even Ralphs for a third of the price you will pay at a hydro store

yep...feed microbes sugar, and microbes feed the plants. And what microbes produce for plants is better than anything out of a bottle.

But yeah - sounds like we're preaching the same verse, sugars are amazing for plant/rhizosphere health and vigor, just don't pay 20 bucks a liter for them :)

Also dutch - if you're in Europe do you have access to foliar analysis? I would love to see a full elemental foliar analysis of aptus but there's not a single lab in the states who will do it for me...About to grow some 60 dollar/plant tomatoes on aptus to figure it out...

N

NewBudz753

I think it's a little hot on its own thats why I mix it with coco and i think I hit a sweet spot with that mix

When would you first add the vermifire to your ready gro mix, right out of the cloner or say after a few weeks of veg? and would you say its a 50/50 mix? and do you start watering with nutes right away? sorry for all the questions but would love to give this a try without burning my plants or having any issues

EVOKE

EVOKE

i use it in second transplant and add more perlite.. the soil has fresh nutes so water is all i use for a few weeks then start hitting it with nutes...

Top Bottom