Aqua’s Hydro systems meet SPIDERFARMER SE 7000

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If in honest 3” is far overboard for a 4 site system. Like 8-18 it starts making sense. Much like the overkill of pumps in 4 site systems. The same size pump does many more sites…. Why? Because its overkill for 4 but you can add more to them if you like.

The same size piping used for 4 sites and 32 sites… like does nobody see this?

Piping and pumps are based on flowrate and turnover. I find it absolutely absurd the amount of people who think you need this for a 4 site system with a billion GPH pump because you know… more is better.

Yeah better for their profits and marketing.

Rant over.

So how is everyone tonight. Hoping to put some pics and a vid up tonight

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Before anyone says roots plug them … thats a site size and plant size issue…. While 3” may help a small amount if the roots are that full they are going to plug anything. Filters can help with that but the main problem would be solved by growing with an adequate space for root volume

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Before anyone says roots plug them … thats a site size and plant size issue…. While 3” may help a small amount if the roots are that full they are going to plug anything. Filters can help with that but the main problem would be solved by growing with an adequate space for root volume
I'm guilty. I have plugged 2" returns before. Roots too big. Big spill in tent. Yes, it was probably my fault for vegging too long, but I can see 3" personally if you are lazy like me.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

D278857B FC7F 417D B1E6 DD3A5793C417

Ok we are functional. Minus 1 line i have to replace tomorrow has a drip. And finish filling it up.

Going with 3.5 net pots using coco.

Just waiting on roots now.

Last edited:
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Im sure if you all test root pruning it will turn out to not matter. Ive cut half my root mass off at transplant and still never had issues with uptake
View attachment 1270987
Ok we are functional. Minus 1 line i have to replace tomorrow has a drip. And finish filling it up.
View attachment 1270985

Going with 3.5 net pots using coco.

Just waiting on roots now.

Pretty nifty, no airpump needed is pretty nice. What type of pressure is on that pump ya think and what kind/flow is it?

So rapid rooter sat in coco mix wicking up with 2 waterfalls per tote.

I like that the pots are big. I ran into problems with mine becuase the roots get to big and filled the buckets thus pushing them up. As the water level dropped the watefalls hit roots instead of water, if I remember right. You for sure wont have that issue. I mean if you veg them longer than 3 weeks they gonna get way to big to even worry about the roots. Id say you would need a 3 month veg, possibly 4 to clog that system or even make the waterfalls not work. . .basically. . I think its gonna work perfect for ya

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Im sure if you all test root pruning it will turn out to not matter. Ive cut half my root mass off at transplant and still never had issues with uptake

Pretty nifty, no airpump needed is pretty nice. What type of pressure is on that pump ya think and what kind/flow is it?

So rapid rooter sat in coco mix wicking up with 2 waterfalls per tote.

I like that the pots are big. I ran into problems with mine becuase the roots get to big and filled the buckets thus pushing them up. As the water level dropped the watefalls hit roots instead of water, if I remember right. You for sure wont have that issue. I mean if you veg them longer than 3 weeks they gonna get way to big to even worry about the roots. Id say you would need a 3 month veg, possibly 4 to clog that system or even make the waterfalls not work. . .basically. . I think its gonna work perfect for ya
Its just a 250 gph pump. Yeah it should easily handle these plants.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Very Nice! The first time I tried DWC a friend of mine and I decided to do it in his apartment dining room. We bought 30 gal trash cans and cut holes in the lids and stuck net pots in them and filled them with hydroton. 6 inch air stone discs with big air pump.

His wife came home and had a conniption fit!!! 😄

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

The funniest part was the whole time I kept asking him if his wife was OK with it and he kept puffing his chest out talking about how he was the man of the house, blah, blah, blah.

When she got home she freaked and he was like a puppy dog with his tail between his legs. She got really pissed at me because I couldn't stop laughing! She kept screaming "There are trash cans full of water in my dining room!!!" She wouldn't talk to me for a week. Once she got over it I asked her why she was mad at me. She said I was the adult between us and her hubby so I should have stopped him!😂

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The funniest part was the whole time I kept asking him if his wife was OK with it and he kept puffing his chest out talking about how he was the man of the house, blah, blah, blah.

When she got home she freaked and he was like a puppy dog with his tail between his legs. She got really pissed at me because I couldn't stop laughing! She kept screaming "There are trash cans full of water in my dining room!!!" She wouldn't talk to me for a week. Once she got over it I asked her why she was mad at me. She said I was the adult between us and her hubby so I should have stopped him!😂
To funny… in the dining room? Lol

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Looking forward to see this grow aqua . Will you be making this kit to sell?. Also would it fit in a 4x4 tent
This is kinda more of an RnD. Going to test a few things and based in results make some changes. There will be a few changes by the time i have a system ready for sale but the general setup will remain for the most part the same. Some parts may be made yet also.

Once i am able to measure the DO I’ll start making some changes.

But yes the system will be a kit that’s easily assembled by the user. This system is pretty rigid and not shipping friendly.

The system will fit a 4x4 and i have some design ideas in that aspect also

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

I think freight would b a killer shayne,but i do think aqua could also come up how to build rootsosphere guide book or a downloadable version for a small price.
Yes that would be good , I couldn’t find the bulkhead fittings in oz but now @Moe.Red has posted a link. I’m keen to do a rdwc build but still have only used my Wilma system for one run. Don’t think wifey would let me buy a new system just yet 😂

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Since you are probably the most experienced grower here I have a question, a few of my fans have bronzed out, no big deal I just clipped them off and plant will be chopped in 10 days, pH good, just need your opinion for future.

20220814 100349
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Since you are probably the most experienced grower here I have a question, a few of my fans have bronzed out, no big deal I just clipped them off and plant will be chopped in 10 days, pH good, just need your opinion for future.
Oh there are plenty of growers here with more experience than myself brother.

But could you give me as much info on the environmental factors, nutrients, watering practices etc?

Its really hard to say without that info but it looks to me like they aren’t drinking all that much and N levels dropped fast… did you recently flush under pretty high light intensity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom