Aqua’s Hydro systems meet SPIDERFARMER SE 7000

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah im measuring around 8" id say...ive been growing goood since ive started and yeah trying to follow vpd for the first time is like chasing a ghost and making me worry more im going to fuck it up 🤣..its driving me nuts.going out there all time playing with the room temp and light intensity and extraction fan air volume.light height etc.LOL.im completely forgetting even how the plants look and growing which is the main thing.i think ive got more grey hair now 🙂
Close counts in hand grenades, leaf temps and VPD brother

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I think i should get off my ass and finish some adjustments to the grow room. But im sooo dam curious if the o2 levels are responsible.

ppfd at 200

air temp at 83-86f

leaf temp im flying blind as i cant find my IR temp gun.

humidity at 40%

water temp at 91f THATS RIGHT 91 lol.

all of this can be adjusted but the plants are still looking good.

i may throw the humidifier in on the controller today.

what you all think should i continue to push the parameters? Or play safe?

i mean 91F water temp. I know exactly why its high and can prob bring it down below 80f which i prob should but this has me intrigued to say the least.

my environment is absolutely trash right now lol… do I correct it or test further?
91 is really high. Wow.

What's your elevation?

Looking like you will get to just under 7 ml/L under normal circumstances. With what you are doing, I'll bet anything you have double that. That's why it is still working IMO. I would not expect explosive growth like we are looking for with that sort of environment, but if it works without adding a chiller and still gives you a good grow, that still says something.

Potentially between this and CO2 injection, you could have a nice grow even when it is 100* outside and you don't have complete control over growspace temps.

Why is the res hotter than the air? That does not compute. You might want to put something reflective across the top to see if the black buckets are converting light into heat. I really don't think it is your pump, if it is not light it has to be the temp going into the venturi, which we need to know about for sure. Can you run the iR temp gun around and see where there might be a hot spot?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

91 is really high. Wow.

What's your elevation?

Looking like you will get to just under 7 ml/L under normal circumstances. With what you are doing, I'll bet anything you have double that. That's why it is still working IMO. I would not expect explosive growth like we are looking for with that sort of environment, but if it works without adding a chiller and still gives you a good grow, that still says something.

Potentially between this and CO2 injection, you could have a nice grow even when it is 100* outside and you don't have complete control over growspace temps.

Why is the res hotter than the air? That does not compute. You might want to put something reflective across the top to see if the black buckets are converting light into heat. I really don't think it is your pump, if it is not light it has to be the temp going into the venturi, which we need to know about for sure. Can you run the iR temp gun around and see where there might be a hot spot?
Hot spot was the vent from my equipment 1” away and blowing on the res. Moved it and its gonna take a day or 2 to level off but down to 87 now

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah thats the only reason i can see them not being half dead. Has to be the o2. I have some ideas in mind im gonna tinker with when it settles in.

ideally i want to target 80f and test DO levels to see because unintended result of no chiller needed would be a big leap for coat savings

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just checked again and down to 84…. Im gonna dial into 80f and go from there. will hit you up later for a discussion on what im seeing with this…. ill take some pics when i get back showing the res temp so ppl can see for themselves but this is interesting

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Just checked again and down to 84…. Im gonna dial into 80f and go from there. will hit you up later for a discussion on what im seeing with this…. ill take some pics when i get back showing the res temp so ppl can see for themselves but this is interesting
Your res temps are 84f?

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Yeah ill take a video tomorrow. There is a reason for the coco.

Back from Cancun......When my buddy and I did "The Dining Room Experiment" one of the early issues we had was forgetting that the air stone discs were pumping out a lot of air. Since the lids sealed pretty well the air had only one way to go and the hydroton was not allowing enough of it to escape. We were so proud of ourselves for the DIY setup that we had done but soon started to see the details that we hadn't anticipated. After around 5 minutes the pots started popping out of the holes so we had to put some weights to keep them down and drill a few air escape holes in the lids to equalize the air pressure in the trash cans! Because of the pressure that the can would be under we also had to secure the clones until they had enough of a root system to be able to hold onto the hydroton media otherwise they'd just be floating around in the net pot. We had filled the trash cans almost to the top so that the baby roots were in contact with the nutrient solution and within days we saw explosive growth.

The moment your roots hit solution the root system will explode and top growth will follow right after!

King Lazy here but I really would like to see you control water temp. It would move one more factor of control into your data in terms of your research. I like to see around 68* - 69* at rootzosphere. That temp seemed to really get the root system going in my anectdotal experience.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Back from Cancun......When my buddy and I did "The Dining Room Experiment" one of the early issues we had was forgetting that the air stone discs were pumping out a lot of air. Since the lids sealed pretty well the air had only one way to go and the hydroton was not allowing enough of it to escape. We were so proud of ourselves for the DIY setup that we had done but soon started to see the details that we hadn't anticipated. After around 5 minutes the pots started popping out of the holes so we had to put some weights to keep them down and drill a few air escape holes in the lids to equalize the air pressure in the trash cans! Because of the pressure that the can would be under we also had to secure the clones until they had enough of a root system to be able to hold onto the hydroton media otherwise they'd just be floating around in the net pot. We had filled the trash cans almost to the top so that the baby roots were in contact with the nutrient solution and within days we saw explosive growth.

The moment your roots hit solution the root system will explode and top growth will follow right after!

King Lazy here but I really would like to see you control water temp. It would move one more factor of control into your data in terms of your research. I like to see around 68* - 69* at rootzosphere. That temp seemed to really get the root system going in my anectdotal experience.
In my previous experience 72-74f had the best growth rates. Solution is down to 84f now and going to hover around 80 i think. to me 68 ish like most run is to cool for best growth rates. The whole pathogen thing is very misunderstood and imo that why most run so cool. It’s absolutely changes the metabolic rates and reproduction of bacteria but also the plants.

Pythium is many many different species that prefer a wide range of temps. the cooler temps slow reproduction rates but many types of pythium do extremely well at temps of 68f. So a cooler temp may give you a bit more time to react to an infection but it also slows metabolism of the plants.

imo temps run in hydro are grossly misunderstood. In higher temps running a live system is beneficial if you run sterile you need to dose more often. Thats the thing most miss.

o2 is another as temps rise DO levels drop, as salinity rises DO levels drop, as microb metabolism increases DO goes down. Im all but certain the combination of tgose 3 is the reason ppl see issues with rea temps and why at 91 while growth was slow the plants still are looking healthy.

with the addition of this equipment im going to be playing around with parameters to kinda test some limitations and effects of the increased amount of DO in the system.

this was 2 weeks of growth in my old system in veg running close to 74f with a dialed in room and F1 seeds so vigorous growth.

once i dial the grow in we should see similar growth rates. But for now im finding ideals and limitations with this new equipment.

Img 20191218 194941 jpg1180986
Img 20200101 124659 jpg1180988
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

In my previous experience 72-74f had the best growth rates. Solution is down to 84f now and going to hover around 80 i think. to me 68 ish like most run is to cool for best growth rates. The whole pathogen thing is very misunderstood and imo that why most run so cool. It’s absolutely changes the metabolic rates and reproduction of bacteria but also the plants.

Pythium is many many different species that prefer a wide range of temps. the cooler temps slow reproduction rates but many types of pythium do extremely well at temps of 68f. So a cooler temp may give you a bit more time to react to an infection but it also slows metabolism of the plants.

imo temps run in hydro are grossly misunderstood. In higher temps running a live system is beneficial if you run sterile you need to dose more often. Thats the thing most miss.

o2 is another as temps rise DO levels drop, as salinity rises DO levels drop, as microb metabolism increases DO goes down. Im all but certain the combination of tgose 3 is the reason ppl see issues with rea temps and why at 91 while growth was slow the plants still are looking healthy.

with the addition of this equipment im going to be playing around with parameters to kinda test some limitations and effects of the increased amount of DO in the system.

this was 2 weeks of growth in my old system in veg running close to 74f with a dialed in room and F1 seeds so vigorous growth.

once i dial the grow in we should see similar growth rates. But for now im finding ideals and limitations with this new equipment.
WOW how long total is that growth on these monsters?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

WOW how long total is that growth on these monsters?
Almost 4 weeks you can find my grow diary of the grow on here.

i had to cut em down and toss the grow. my daughter who could kill a cactus looked after it for me while i was away for 2 weeks for a family emergency. when i got home thats what i came home to and it was just to much to try and deal with to get to a point i could flip and account for the stretch.

This system once i get it dialed in should produce even faster growth rates. But remember these are over 20yr old clones and not f1 seeds so im not sure how vigorously they will grow

Moshmen

Moshmen

91 is really high. Wow.

What's your elevation?

Elevation ? You sea level type I’m 17’ lol my last place I lived in a valley and was only 7’ above sometime high tides were scary ! Lmao really we a great drainage system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom