Aqua’s Hydro systems meet SPIDERFARMER SE 7000

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

I get that. Fine line between being a tease and supporting Aqua with.... something.

He is further along than I am, so I'm trying to catch up.
Nah i get where you are both coming from Im just impatient and can’t wait to c all the data plus costs for all the individual components for the systems etc I think you guys are gunna kill it with this system and hope the whole farm community gets behind it👍

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Nah i get where you are both coming from Im just impatient and can’t wait to c all the data plus costs for all the individual components for the systems etc I think you guys are gunna kill it with this system and hope the whole farm community gets behind it👍
I'm the king of being impatient. My wife says I have no chill. Good to have company.

As far as pricing goes, that is really up in the air at the moment. Right now, buying a Raspberry Pi is 3X+ more expensive than it was when I started all this due to the chip shortage. Also, I think I might make a smaller version without the touchscreen for a cheaper entry point. You can still operate this fully either via a device on the network, or you can plug in a HDMI monitor keyboard and mouse if you want local control. Lot's to think about. If I could produce a base system that is the same price as a CO2 controller, but all the additional functionality and upgradeability, that would be a good product I think.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Yeah probably wasted unless it can influence the whole room the tent sits in.

grow is a bit of a shot show but hey we are learning… (well by we i mean myself) once again i need to get off my ass and do as i say when helping others… im not special… im not special… now i think i should go write that 100x to get it through my head lol
Dude we are all guilty just cuz you know what to do or when to do it , doesn’t mean you do it! Lmao we are human and most of us are lazy. Lookin good up ther brother!

Moshmen

Moshmen

Very soon.

View attachment 1279435

I could (and have) thrown together a cheaper system, but this is what I want. Hopefully others agree.

It is based on Raspberry Pi 4 / Linux.

10" touch screen. Second HDMI output for a big screen if you have the space and an extra HDMI monitor or TV laying around.

Everything is al la carte so you just get what you need to start, expand at any time. Everything is interconnected with ethernet (not on your network, just local.) Any length cable you care to run between devices. Future software upgrades include multiple grow space monitoring and control. Up to 127 total devices will be the max.

Uses I2C for remote communication. Sensors, relays, etc are just plugged into the bus and the software sees it and adds the functionality. I'll show you in video later this week.

EDIT: I'll add some more tech specs here now that my belly is full and the Cards are swinging the bat. We're up 1 nothin and are crushing it in National Central. Any baseball growers out there?

So, what you got there is the main "box" - I dunno Prototype 1X47Ftq sounds good. The part with the screen. That device houses the Pi, the Capacitive Touch Screen, Touch Screen Driver, HDMI Driver, Power Suppl... ah who cares, you quit reading.

Prototype 1X47Ftq runs Linux. On a circuit board that is a complete PC in a single board. Friggin excellent.

Prototype 1X47Ftq has a main circuit board that has GPIO pins - not something a normal PC has. They let you interface directly with hardware like relays, PH sensors, Male plant detectors (j/k. Not that, but other cool stuff.)

There is a bus hub prototype displayed. It is nothing more than a place to plug in 6 things, really 5 things and a line back to mama. Mama being Prototype 1X47Ftq.

Haha, if you are still reading this you are stoned.

Those 5 things might be Temp, RH, CO2, O2, Humidity... did you notice I said RH 2 ways there? No? Stoner. You know who you are. 😜

Future upgrades I'm looking at are things like a plug in spectrometer - I might just rent that out, maybe a PPFD meter? I have a camera hooked up now, that's interesting.

Another upgrade that I have working here for mine is a programmable iR blaster that you train it how to flash to control a device (I'm using it to control my mini split AC and my dehumidifier). Just more things that plug into the bus, wherever it's closest to pick it up. Just daisy chain off any device and plug it in.

I'm working on lighting control, but that's a lower priority because my lights have an app that is acceptable to drive them directly.

Another obvious plug in to the bus is AC control. I have 2 AC remotes I'm using (very Alpha stage, wires hanging kinda staus) that's what's next to complete. Then we will have control over any ac device that is based off a timer, a calculation, an internet lookup (moon cycles - fuck - I don't know you figure it out) or simply when sensor A does this you turn that thing on. It's just an inkbird via software at it's simplest.

The other box is the wet probe connection. Again, just another thing on the bus. This one is user configurable to add sensors at any time. Don't want Dissolved Oxygen today? Get it later. If you can twist a Phillips head, you can add any sensor you like. Well, within reason, not like spider mite fart detectors. Cumon man.

OK this is way too long already, but I gotta tell you about the OS / software.

Still up 1-0.
Wow! I needed to meet you about 20 years ago when I was doin the R&D / continuous improvement thing! You would have made a great consultant!
Nice fast work !

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hydro newbie here - crown rot?
Ill get some pics when the lights come on… it’s definitely far from a good thing and often leads to plant death… but we will see. As bad as it sounds im fairly confident the bacteria will correct it now that i have opened the plants up and have better air flow at the base of the stems.

if i was in the US i would treat it with Southern AG fungicide

Moshmen

Moshmen

Ill get some pics when the lights come on… it’s definitely far from a good thing and often leads to plant death… but we will see. As bad as it sounds im fairly confident the bacteria will correct it now that i have opened the plants up and have better air flow at the base of the stems.

Pics would be kool - I got Google - ouch sorry to hear - I’m down to send ya whatever ya need if I can get my hands on it

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

I know someone who lives there 😉

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Oh I seen it ! Got a good chuckle or was that from the cards mascot? Lol
Cardinals you say? Friggin won it in the bottom of the 9th last night! Post season here we come. Red October baby.

RedJay is my little company name, it's me (Red) and my son who's name starts with J. Any resemblance to the baseball cardinals is COMPLETELY accidental. You believe me right?

Moshmen

Moshmen

Cardinals you say? Friggin won it in the bottom of the 9th last night! Post season here we come. Red October baby.

RedJay is my little company name, it's me (Red) and my son who's name starts with J. Any resemblance to the baseball cardinals is COMPLETELY accidental. You believe me right?
Not a huge baseball fan but make it 3/4 games a year but I think the rays were just eliminated this week ? And now the Yankees 🥲

Moshmen

Moshmen

I go to Jupiter FL for training camp some years. Anywhere near you?
Couple hours next time ur here let me know! We have so many spring trainers here - I couldn’t begin to name em all there’s prolly 6 within a half hour of me from the blue jays to the yanks Steinbrenner field is right across the street from the bucs stadium -

Rays games are inside so nice weather always ! But I think they will be leaving soon contract is up and they want to play right on the water , they want a new stadium o. The bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom