Aqua’s Hydro systems meet SPIDERFARMER SE 7000

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Well I’ve never seen anyone use coco for DWC I wouldn’t of thought moisture or gas exchange would be the reason but I could very well be wrong? Intriguing what the answer is Aqua?
Gas exchange primarily.

The moisture is also a benefit and although I didn’t have time to start the clones in the system. I am all but sure you will be able to clone directly to the system and eliminate the need for any transplanting and thus eliminate a step that can create a potential issue or stress to the plant. Leading to more efficiency and i also believe faster rooting times for reasons yet to come.

Oldsog

Oldsog

Supporter
Ok I gotta throw some love at @Oldsog

Mailman made me happy today.

View attachment 1272673

I am going to christen the new system with some proper genetics from the master. Not sure what yet, but some of these are getting wet Sunday!!!
glad they made it safely.

Heat Stroke = my SSH x PowerPlant regs
88 Dosidos = Dosidos x 88G13/HP regs
78 Caddy = (Purple Punch x Raspberry Moonshine) x NL5Skunk regs
Gruntz fems = Gushers x Runtz (reversed) fems
Chemdog D MC = Chemdog D x Hells Angels OG bx (reversed) fems
D'Grape Fire = (Chemdog D x Grapestomper) x NorthFire Cookies fems
Han Solo Death Cookies = Han Solo Burger x NorthFire Cookies fems

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

glad they made it safely.

Heat Stroke = my SSH x PowerPlant
88 Dosidos = Dosidos x 88G13/HP
78 Caddy = (Purple Punch x Raspberry Moonshine) x NL5Skunk
Gruntz fems = Gushers x Runtz (reversed)
Chemdog D MC = Chemdog D x Hells Angels OG bx (reversed)
D'Grape Fire = (Chemdog D x Grapestomper) x NorthFire Cookies
Han Solo Death Cookies = Han Solo Burger x NorthFire Cookies
Hellova a sexy lineup there @Oldsog ima have to hit you up when ready to have more plants… will be applying for my license and i cant see a reason to be denied so then i can run more than a few beans

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Little bit of growth but they still concentrating on roots. Another 3-5 days we should see them pick up a bit in growth rates.

Day 1
5B7DD0D7 942E 405E 8383 E6577138F0C6

Day 3
815FFEA8 2F5A 45C7 838B DB7366DE4C47

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Gas exchange primarily.

The moisture is also a benefit and although I didn’t have time to start the clones in the system. I am all but sure you will be able to clone directly to the system and eliminate the need for any transplanting and thus eliminate a step that can create a potential issue or stress to the plant. Leading to more efficiency and i also believe faster rooting times for reasons yet to come.
Gas exchange primarily.

Well there ya go can u explain the differences in gas exchange from coco to other mediums sorry for all the questions I’m just curious as hell I was thinking the coco would wick the water up making it to wet around the base of the stem u gotta remember we not all mad scientists here so in layman’s terms would be great 😂

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Well there ya go can u explain the differences in gas exchange from coco to other mediums sorry for all the questions I’m just curious as hell I was thinking the coco would wick the water up making it to wet around the base of the stem u gotta remember we not all mad scientists here so in layman’s terms would be great 😂
You got it…. So normally we want to increase gas exchange… well i do not because i am controlling the dissolved gases in the rootzosphere. So it creates a much better barrier than say hydroton.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Its never to wet around the stem if you have oxygen… no such thing as drowning a plant or over watering…. Its all lack of o2

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Its never to wet around the stem if you have oxygen… no such thing as drowning a plant or over watering…. Its all lack of o2
That makes sense as we keep our coco fairly saturated at all times anyway👍 Cheers I literally can’t wait to c how this goes for no fault of your own u have never had a live grow going whilst I been on this site so I’m just gunna fade away into the background and try and learn as much as I possibly can it’s growers like u that make this site what it is so from me and everyone here I reckon I just want to say thanx👍

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That makes sense as we keep our coco fairly saturated at all times anyway👍 Cheers I literally can’t wait to c how this goes for no fault of your own u have never had a live grow going whilst I been on this site so I’m just gunna fade away into the background and try and learn as much as I possibly can it’s growers like u that make this site what it is so from me and everyone here I reckon I just want to say thanx👍
Haha oh i always making mistakes and being lazy… it wont be a perfect grow if i have anything to do with it.

I have this condition where i know what i need to do and should do but i just seem to like to push it.

Eg. My nutrient ratios are out… i miscalculated the weights… that was 3 days ago

I have added no BB and will likely just scratch in some raw bloom microbes to the coco.

I haven’t bothered picking up any hygrozyme or any enzymes for that matter. My PH is about 5.9 and i should have it at 5.5-5.6 but the bottle was over 10 feet away.

Lol i love to grow but i like to keep it that way so while i know what i need to do, i far from always do it because somehow i think i can get away with it… that is until i cant and then i fix it.

Trust me after a few grows youll let a lot more slide then you do now.

Hell i just about sucked that back left plant up with ny shop vac cause it was right there and easier than wiping off the coco. If you look you can see the ripped leaves.

Anthem

Anthem

You got it…. So normally we want to increase gas exchange… well i do not because i am controlling the dissolved gases in the rootzosphere. So it creates a much better barrier than say hydroton.
Aqua,
I think I understand what you are doing with that set up. Using your O2. system to provide the plants with more dissolved oxygen thru the means you have created to do so, thus using the coco to create a dam per say to hold down the O2 into the rez and allow as little as possible to escape the rez. Secondly you mentioned hydroton not being a good barrier. I see that as well. pretty obvious went you consider the general size and shape of hydroton. What is your bases for increasing the O2 to the root zone with your system over say an ebb and flow system with hydroton?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Aqua,
I think I understand what you are doing with that set up. Using your O2. system to provide the plants with more dissolved oxygen thru the means you have created to do so, thus using the coco to create a dam per say to hold down the O2 into the rez and allow as little as possible to escape the rez. Secondly you mentioned hydroton not being a good barrier. I see that as well. pretty obvious went you consider the general size and shape of hydroton. What is your bases for increasing the O2 to the root zone with your system over say an ebb and flow system with hydroton?
I can increase o2 far beyond the limits of any other means possible… all i can say right now.

I can do this in pretty much any grow style there is with some changes.

The system im most looking forward to is the aeroponic. That should really show the capabilities

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Haha oh i always making mistakes and being lazy… it wont be a perfect grow if i have anything to do with it.

I have this condition where i know what i need to do and should do but i just seem to like to push it.

Eg. My nutrient ratios are out… i miscalculated the weights… that was 3 days ago

I have added no BB and will likely just scratch in some raw bloom microbes to the coco.

I haven’t bothered picking up any hygrozyme or any enzymes for that matter. My PH is about 5.9 and i should have it at 5.5-5.6 but the bottle was over 10 feet away.

Lol i love to grow but i like to keep it that way so while i know what i need to do, i far from always do it because somehow i think i can get away with it… that is until i cant and then i fix it.

Hell i just about sucked that back left plant up with ny shop vac cause it was right there and easier than wiping off the coco. If you look you can see the ripped leaves.
Part of the reason im doing this is because i want to see the effects of this system on the roots, pathogens etc. etc. part of it is laziness

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Now I get it coco traps the o2 in the system where as hydroton would allow the dissolved o2 to escape c layman’s terms and I have a couple grows under my belt can def understand the laziness aspect😂

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just to toss out another tidbit of info. Excess co2 from root respiration needs to be removed also as excessive co2 in the rootzone can inhibit a plant.

So the answers are slightly more complicated then they may sound… the equipment to manage this does it all and you almost certainly will not be able to DIY this even if you were to fully understand it (which by the end you will)

Sorry if it seems like im teasing by not sharing but i need the data and more work needs to be done to make this equipment the proper size, rating, and a few more i wont name.

I want to say more but i cant yet

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Now I get it coco traps the o2 in the system where as hydroton would allow the dissolved o2 to escape c layman’s terms and I have a couple grows under my belt can def understand the laziness aspect😂
Yea but in doing so you also need to be able to rid the co2 from the rootzone.

But thats as far as i go for now.

The growth rates will show the reat and once im done before release you all will have the entire understanding of how it works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom