Aqua Man's first grow diary

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm going to look into it more. Main consideration for me is having to take a ferry to refill cylinders. But I have a 20 and a 10 pounder myself from the kegerator I'm not using... I assumed it would be 50# tanks every month or a burner. Neither of which interest me.

I probably shouldnt assume things, but sometimes dirtbag do.. lol.
It's all going to come down to how efficiently you run them. And how well sealed the room is

Judaz

Judaz

Ok this will be my first grow diary. I have a dilemma that needs to be sorted before I get started. I have a 4 site RDWC system I built from the ground up with full environmental control and co2.

I have regular seeds so by the time I can sex em if I go RDWC I may have to rip some some out. I was contemplating soil removing the RDWC system and planting more to accommodate. But after seeing growth rates in my first soil grow its discouraging. It sure is easy as hell but so much slower.

I was thinking possibly soiless to meet in the middle but thats even more work than my RDWC with purchasing everything to go that route.

Thoughts and opinions appreciated? What would people like to see and why?

Here are pics of the system when I was first building some equipment has changed so it's not the same. I will add new ones after method is decided.

View attachment 910996View attachment 910997

Curious as to why wouldn’t you just work with clones?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Curious as to why wouldn’t you just work with clones?
They do not sell clones here and I will never buy a clone. I will grow it from seed keep a mother usually. I wanted something new to run. No better way to infect your room than to bring in clones imo

I did also notice in your setup that your ac is a wall mount and its sucking air out of that room. How do you manage to keep the co2 in room without having the ac suck it out?
Window AC and most dual hose AC units are as @BigCube said closed units. They have a hot and cold side not different than central air. The exception is single hose AC that take air from the room and exhaust outside creating a negative pressure system.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
OK equipment

HLG 600 V1 3000k with potentiometer 60W to 620W
Digital 15amp timer for light. ( CAUSE FUCK THOSE LITTLE PUSH PULL TAB TIMERS!!!!)
Autopilot APC8200 CO2 controller
10lb and 20lb Co2 tank
200W aquarium heater
300W space heater
8000BTU window AC
Cloudline S4, 4" 205 CFM fan (for circulation and scrubber)
Phresh 12x4" 200cfm carbon filter
Vivosun 6" clip on fan for above canopy (on the fence with these this is my second one but when working is awesome)
50 pint Noma dehumidifier (junk do not buy these and I will be replacing)
3L Ultrasonic humidifier (pain in the ass for the first 2 weeks to keep filled up will likely upgrade next grow)
Jiffy pellets
hydroton
6" Net pots
950 GPH air pump
5 Vivosun 4x2" air stones
Inkbirk 310T programmable temp controller
Inkbird Humidity controller will be looking to upgrade for option to have day and night humidity)
Eheim 2013 canister filter (With ceramic and filter foam for bacteria playground)
4x4' scrog net made from 1" PVC 3x3" squares.
4 Site RDWC DIY 5 gal per site and 20 gal res with 2" feed and 1" return
120 gph inline pump can't remember the brand
HM tds/ec meter (with 1000ppm calibration solution)
Cheap ass ph meter (with calibration solution

Nutrients:
Mega Crop
Magnesium Sulfate
Phosphoric acid

Possible nutrients depending on plant needs:
Calimagic Cal/Mg
Calcium/magnesium nitrate
Monopotassium Phosphate
Potassium bicarbonate
Calcium/Magnesium sulfate
sodium bicarbonate

Tap water at 120ppm moderate carbonate and bicarbonate so will probably add a little potassium bicarbonate until my nutes get over 300ppm

Seeds are not temp controlled for soak 16-18 hrs then into paper towel between 2 plates. Once i place em in the jiffys the will go into the room at 80F under a dome with the vents open. rather than keep the grow area at 80% humidity. That will be probably about 2 days from now.

Going to update weekly with longer posts rather then do this more often.

Things i want to know:
300w heater??? i can only find a fucking like 950-1500. id love lower watts.

what size jiffy pellets do you use?

since you have the cloudline s4. and not the t4 u dont have the programmable digital display correct? do u run ur fan full speed 24/7? trying to dial mine in better. i have the t4, but the automatic controlling mode fucks up. been leaving mine running.

Sorry, i cant contribute much to the conversation above. you guys are wayyyyyyyyyyy to smart for me. But, i always have equipment questions bahahaha.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Things i want to know:

since you have the cloudline s4. and not the t4 u dont have the programmable digital display correct? do u run ur fan full speed 24/7? trying to dial mine in better. i have the t4, but the automatic controlling mode fucks up. been leaving mine running.

Sorry, i cant contribute much to the conversation above. you guys are wayyyyyyyyyyy to smart for me. But, i always have equipment questions bahahaha.
Its a super cheap small like under desk heater. Think its a fair bit older.

Jiffy's i use are about 2x4" the ones i got to my dismay are 2x2" approx. so we will see how they work.

Just replacing my vivosun 4" inline with the couldline (would not recommend the cheap vivo inline fans) used the vivo elsewhere.
I run my fan 24/7 but it does not exhaust it pulls air from the top of the grow side to the equipment side and creates an updraft for my grow side. if that makes sense. I do not add the carbon filter until just before flower. They don't particularly like higher humidity

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Things i want to know:

Check out reptile heating bulbs (no light)

Judaz

Judaz

They do not sell clones here and I will never buy a clone. I will grow it from seed keep a mother usually. I wanted something new to run. No better way to infect your room than to bring in clones imo

Window AC and most dual hose AC units are as @BigCube said closed units. They have a hot and cold side not different than central air. The exception is single hose AC that take air from the room and exhaust outside creating a negative pressure system.

Was not aware of this since I haven’t used a wall mount since 2012. But good to know. Lately I’ve been running split systems on sealed rooms.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Was not aware of this since I haven’t used a wall mount since 2012. But good to know. Lately I’ve been running split systems on sealed rooms.
Making me jealous lol.

Went to the hydro store today.... No cannazyme so went with hygrozyme. Will see how I like it. I have never used enzymes in my system so going with that and fishing my expired hydrogaurd to start hoping to have my denitrifying bacteria pop up by the 4th week so I won't need to get anymore hydrogaurd. Will verify by adding small amounts of ammonia about 1-2ppm and then testing to see how fast it is consumed and show an increase in nitrite/nitrate levels.

Also no bucket or Lisa till next week so will just stick to the 4.

And most importantly I got my fill of bro science for a lifetime. Smile and nod... Just smile and nod I kept telling myself hahah

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Making me jealous lol.

Went to the hydro store today.... No cannazyme so went with hygrozyme. Will see how I like it. I have never used enzymes in my system so going with that and fishing my expired hydrogaurd to start hoping to have my denitrifying bacteria pop up by the 4th week so I won't need to get anymore hydrogaurd. Will verify by adding small amounts of ammonia about 1-2ppm and then testing to see how fast it is consumed and show an increase in nitrite/nitrate levels.

Also no bucket or Lisa till next week so will just stick to the 4.

And most importantly I got my fill of bro science for a lifetime. Smile and nod... Just smile and nod I kept telling myself hahah

Hey bro. Its like, science man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom