Aquaman gets dirty

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah I don't think pushing them mean any less quality.. faster growth does not mean lesser quality and have seen no evidence. Better conditions allow for my light and more growth. Stress is stress. I mean if I put them in cool conditions and it slows growth does that mean better quality? Personally I don't think so. Pushing the plants to reach faster growth rates while keeping them from stresses imo makes for faster growth and better quality. The thing is you can't push them hard if you don't dial the environment in to where the plantnl is not stressed. It's the same with all life. Provide better environment for bacteria and they thrive and populate much fast and healthier. I don't see the correlation about growth rates equal lesser quality. Maybe it's the term pushing them hard you mean? By pushing them hard I mean maximizing the potential growth while reducing the stress.

So in essence yes that what I mean by pushing them hard... Finding the sweet spot where they can maximize the light, nutrients and reward me with vigorous, healthy and sizable growth

Im not explaining my thought right.

Im saying unless you try to do it that well the first time you may not have picked the best plants.

It is much harder to maintain quality under maxed out conditions and i have yet to smoke any weed grown at extreme tates that was very good.

But that is not to say your product is that way. I was just saying that there is a point where you can push and fade plants to quite high yield while reducing quality. Typical commercial grow is an example. You can obviously have high thc and shitty pot. I think the complexity comes from keeping the plant healthy longer. Not signaling faster flowering and not tiring it out with too much light.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Im not explaining my thought right.

Im saying unless you try to do it that well the first time you may not have picked the best plants.

It is much harder to maintain quality under maxed out conditions and i have yet to smoke any weed grown at extreme tates that was very good.

But that is not to say your product is that way. I was just saying that there is a point where you can push and fade plants to quite high yield while reducing quality. Typical commercial grow is an example. You can obviously have high thc and shitty pot. I think the complexity comes from keeping the plant healthy longer. Not signaling faster flowering and not tiring it out with too much light.
I edited my last post please look back.

I cannot run an individual climate for each plant I'm not sure what you are suggesting.

By pushing plants I'm not talking about stressing them... I'm talking about maximizining thier potential... Not giving to much light, nutes etc. Just maximizing the potential so that they are as stress free and healthy as they can be... That itself translates to better quality and yield

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Can you explain what you think I'm doing because I think there is some confusion. What do you see that I'm doing that doesn't get me the best plant to clone?

I have clone of all of the plants I'm growing already.. I begged them for I don't remember now 5-6 weeks. I'm flowering them now and will dry and cure... After smoking and weighing the structures of the plants, yields, quality I will chose a mother of which right now is a clone growing until I choose which on I want... The clones of the chosen plant will be the mother? Please tell me where I went wrong here

You said it was lazy grow. I mean no negative feelings here. I think without proper canopy management and attention to the plants you would give what you would call an important run you cant tell which ones will make good moms is all.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I edited my last post please look back.

I cannot run an individual climate for each plant I'm not sure what you are suggesting.

By pushing plants I'm not talking about stressing them... I'm talking about maximizining thier potential... Not giving to much light, nutes etc. Just maximizing the potential so that they are as stress free and healthy as they can be... That itself translates to better quality and yield

I understand. I dont believe humidity affects them as much as you do. Well as long as it is in a decent range. And i am not pushing them with enough light for c02 so i cant comment here. I am out of line.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You said it was lazy grow. I mean no negative feelings here. I think without proper canopy management and attention to the plants you would give what you would call an important run you cant tell which ones will make good moms is all.
Yes it has been... Inlet em dry out to much a few times. The lights is fairly even because of the heights I also move the plants other than that back left one. When I test the lux it's fairly even. I haven't done much. Not scrogging etc. But should easily be able to tell which plant unlike best it's not like they have had and drastically different treatment or lighting with the exception of the sativa leaner in the back. I also want to see the natural structure so minimal training. Usually a lot more work would go into a grow but I wanna see how they fair when less is done. Which ones are more temperamental and how well they tolerate stresses. I want a vigorous, resilient plant with good yields and best quality. At the end I will evaluate that and pick a mom. It's not my plant to train these much and canopy control will not be a thing for the way I intend to grow these. So I'm kinda looking for a plant that has quality and suits my type of grow.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I understand. I dont believe humidity affects them as much as you do. Well as long as it is in a decent range. And i am not pushing them with enough light for c02 so i cant comment here. I am out of line.
Not at all out of line. It makes me think and more heads the better. I'm just trying to pick out what I may be doing wrong and explaining my reasons for my choices.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Youre not doing anything wrong. Just i have seen you grow with such a better attitude and everything looks well, better.

I would want that level most of all for my mom run.
Oh I agree 100% this grow my attitude sucks, I have made mistakes both knowingly and unknowingly and absolutely can do much better. No excuse for that.

Well maybe a few... Some IRL issues, back has been over the top bad and well it really can affect my drive and mood. Then I found out I need to start the waiting process for surgery all over again. Mother in law is moving here and wife has been gone for 7 weeks so far and probably several weeks to go. I won't get into the reasons but yeah very frustrating. This flu shit is making work a nightmare and I have several cases that look like we are going to arbitration over and that costs us money which I am responsible for. So in all honesty I haven't been to positive nor given this grow the attention it deserves.

Ok that's my rant on my personal circumstances and it's definitely affecting my attitude and passion for growing. But please anyone reading I don't need any pity or special treatment as that only makes it worse. The one thing I can say I enjoy is talking about growing and learning it's a great distraction from the stresses we all need to get away from and nothing is worse than if you feel ppl are tip toeing around cause they think you need some special treatment lol.

So that's the long and short. And @MIMedGrower it's been a minute that we have known eachother. I appreciate your honesty a lot. I would much rather have the truth than just someone saying what you want to hear. That means a lot to me whether I agree with it or not and in this case I absolutely do.

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Oh I agree 100% this grow my attitude sucks, I have made mistakes both knowingly and unknowingly and absolutely can do much better. No excuse for that.

Well maybe a few... Some IRL issues, back has been over the top bad and well it really can affect my drive and mood. Then I found out I need to start the waiting process for surgery all over again. Mother in law is moving here and wife has been gone for 7 weeks so far and probably several weeks to go. I won't get into the reasons but yeah very frustrating. This flu shit is making work a nightmare and I have several cases that look like we are going to arbitration over and that costs us money which I am responsible for. So in all honesty I haven't been to positive nor given this grow the attention it deserves.

Ok that's my rant on my personal circumstances and it's definitely affecting my attitude and passion for growing. But please anyone reading I don't need any pity or special treatment as that only makes it worse. The one thing I can say I enjoy is talking about growing and learning it's a great distraction from the stresses we all need to get away from and nothing is worse than if you feel ppl are tip toeing around cause they think you need some special treatment lol.

So that's the long and short. And @MIMedGrower it's been a minute that we have known eachother. I appreciate your honesty a lot. I would much rather have the truth than just someone saying what you want to hear. That means a lot to me whether I agree with it or not and in this case I absolutely do.

I really appreciate you saying that last bit bud.

And i sure wasnt judging your performance. Especially after i got injured and missed a pet infestation for a year. Lol.

Dizzy88

Dizzy88

Yuuuuuup! The best part about this place is swooping in on threads like these, assimilating the thought processes that go into the comments, and then using them to dial my own shit in.
Hey @Aqua Man ... your a good guy in my books no matter what the they say about ya big bro 😝... few weeks away let’s go !!! 💪 time to finish strong ... we all gotta get it out the mud at one point or another.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I really appreciate you saying that last bit bud.

And i sure wasnt judging your performance. Especially after i got injured and missed a pet infestation for a year. Lol.
I know brother... You were being real and calling it the way you see it. I appreciate that. Like I said we may not always agree but when the chips are down I want that dude that tells me I have a booger hanging from my nose before I walk over and talk to the pretty lady.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Great discussion. I have to say, most phenohunters I know feed conservatively but try to keep all the plants happy and see what excels at a baseline using the same feed for all the plants. Hard to do it any other way when you pop hundreds of seeds at a time like the phenohunters I know.. You get a good feel for which ones are keepers even if they're all getting the same feed.

But I agree with MiMed, for phenohunting, seed plants should be grown to maturity before flowering them, you cant get a good idea of the flowers potential flipping seed plants that are days old. Most dudes I know that phenohunt insist on moms having alternating nodes and ideally even preflowers before flowering them out. But food and environment for them is pretty much the same across the board. And conservative.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahahahahahaaaaa!!!!!
Oh now I see how it is... You do the same dam thing wouldn't you... Fuck yes you would.

Well if it was either of you I would look out for your best interest and make sure you guys didn't walk over with a snotball dangling like a nose piercing looking like a fool.

Ahhh who the fuck am I kidding... I probably record it and post it for everyone to see. If I could stop laughing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom