• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Starting to see some trich development.
Nice man! Your plants look great, and it helps me to see where you're at in a similar flowering timeline in soil.

It's crazy I'm 20 days in and my Fruity Pebbles are just frosted everywhere but the other 5 strains are about where yours is there...maybe a little behind (strictly in terms of trich production). That actually makes me feel better. I've been wondering if the Fruity Pebs are just real nice that way or if they're what the expectation should be and the rest of my crops are weak. I dunno if that make sense. I'm pretty dabbed up hahaha....pics:

Fruity Pebbles OG (day 20):

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Nice man! Your plants look great, and it helps me to see where you're at in a similar flowering timeline in soil.

It's crazy I'm 20 days in and my Fruity Pebbles are just frosted everywhere but the other 5 strains are about where yours is there...maybe a little behind (strictly in terms of trich production). That actually makes me feel better. I've been wondering if the Fruity Pebs are just real nice that way or if they're what the expectation should be and the rest of my crops are weak. I dunno if that make sense. I'm pretty dabbed up hahaha....pics:

Fruity Pebbles OG (day 20):
View attachment 1003657View attachment 1003659
Is that an auto? Looks great man

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

that looks beautiful,, my friend. grow the hell on!
Thanks brother. I'm curious to see how this defoliation goes. Let me tell ya it was a painful leap for me. The more research I do the more i think the amount photosynthetic rates are possibly more important than overall photosynthesis. And that excess foliage is actually slowing bud development. The plant need enough carbs and sugars to carry out vital processes and have storage for environmental stresses and periods of low nutrient or water availability. Indoors under controlled parameters may just be the case that its not as beneficial as I once thought because they get all the light, nutrients and favorable condition they want. Plants adapt for survival but indoors some adaptations are not needed.

I'm not presenting this as fact just testing some stuff out.

FourthCity

FourthCity

Just trying something new. I usually only trim for airflow
Thanks brother. I'm curious to see how this defoliation goes. Let me tell ya it was a painful leap for me. The more research I do the more i think the amount photosynthetic rates are possibly more important than overall photosynthesis. And that excess foliage is actually slowing bud development. The plant need enough carbs and sugars to carry out vital processes and have storage for environmental stresses and periods of low nutrient or water availability. Indoors under controlled parameters may just be the case that its not as beneficial as I once thought because they get all the light, nutrients and favorable condition they want. Plants adapt for survival but indoors some adaptations are not needed.

I'm not presenting this as fact just testing some stuff out.
I think that you are right about the plants adapting I just come to the opposite conclusion, that if they have adapted to their environment then altering them significantly can defeat the purpose. Like you said though, it all depends on if those adaptations are needed. You may be onto something about heavier defoliation speeding bud development, my worry is that it will be at the cost of the plants adapting with smaller leafier buds that ripen early. I dont know if you have pictures of your previous hydro buds but it would be cool to see a comparison between those and the buds from this grow when its all done.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I think that you are right about the plants adapting I just come to the opposite conclusion, that if they have adapted to their environment then altering them significantly can defeat the purpose. Like you said though, it all depends on if those adaptations are needed. You may be onto something about heavier defoliation speeding bud development, my worry is that it will be at the cost of the plants adapting with smaller leafier buds that ripen early. I dont know if you have pictures of your previous hydro buds but it would be cool to see a comparison between those and the buds from this grow when its all done.
I may have if I can find my old phone. Tbh the bud structure I'm seeing is looking promising. It's different strains though and soil not hydro. Hard to say. I know to much defoliation will stunt them especially at one time so I think it's going to be a balancing act. My goal this year is forget everything I know and start testing some of the science I have been reading. That and try new media and get mother's. I'm not overly worried about a pretty grow or harvest on this or the next grow.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

I may have if I can find my old phone. Tbh the bud structure I'm seeing is looking promising. It's different strains though and soil not hydro. Hard to say. I know to much defoliation will stunt them especially at one time so I think it's going to be a balancing act. My goal this year is forget everything I know and start testing some of the science I have been reading. That and try new media and get mother's. I'm not overly worried about a pretty grow or harvest on this or the next grow.

Most of the defoliation stuff I see on here is pretty standard, If you want to try something out of the box, about week 3 or 4 in flower, depending how long the stretch is and how they look, start freezing the leaves off.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Most of the defoliation stuff I see on here is pretty standard, If you want to try something out of the box, about week 3 or 4 in flower, depending how long the stretch is and how they look, start freezing the leaves off.
Interesting.. can you explain?

Last edited:
Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

Also this. Will be running the
Interesting.. can you explain?

Well I put it out there, I think the best thing is if anyone finds it intriguing, play around with it, from past experiences when you start talking about out of the box stuff on these boards, there is a lineup of guys waiting to tell you how wrong your are or how you don't know nothing. and only argue. don't need that.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Well I put it out there, I think the best thing is if anyone finds it intriguing, play around with it, from past experiences when you start talking about out of the box stuff on these boards, there is a lineup of guys waiting to tell you how wrong your are or how you don't know nothing. and only argue. don't need that.
Feel free to shoot me a pm if not to much trouble. This year I'm dedicating to try new things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom