Aquaman gets dirty

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
guymandude

guymandude

that megacrop must be some decent stuff and my hats off to your grow skills, my friend. How heavy are you feeding?

is that the new formula megacrop? I've heard a lot of complaints about the new stuff, how it doesn't dissolve, etc.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Chatted with the breeder the last couple days. Apparently 10 weeks or a touch more. So I guess I have longer to go than I thought probably another 45 days ish to go.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

that megacrop must be some decent stuff and my hats off to your grow skills, my friend. How heavy are you feeding?
Heavier than I'm used to. Soil seems to like a bit more than my hydro. I'm attributing that to the uptake rates. Right now about 800-900ppm. Slightly reduced nitrogen and leaning more towards potassium and phosphorus. In light of the new time lines I will probably toss a little more nitrogen back in the mix. I was thinking 9 weeks but now it appears more like 10+ so for the next week or 2 I will bump the nitrogen up a bit

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Heavier than I'm used to. Soil seems to like a bit more than my hydro. I'm attributing that to the uptake rates. Right now about 800-900ppm. Slightly reduced nitrogen and leaning more towards potassium and phosphorus. In light of the new time lines I will probably toss a little more nitrogen back in the mix. I was thinking 9 weeks but now it appears more like 10+ so for the next week or 2 I will bump the nitrogen up a bit

Just a caution bud. And i realize you have a good third more light than me. But it might be a good idea to start scaling back a bit on that ec. I am assuming .5 conversion. You are running 1.6-1.8ec?

If i sustain 1.6 i surely run into excess issues in pro mix and ocean forest.

Only mention cause i see some tips and edges in that bud pic.

guymandude

guymandude

this is the new formula megacrop? I've been reading some bad reviews on that stuff. it seems to be working for you though, nicely.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just a caution bud. And i realize you have a good third more light than me. But it might be a good idea to start scaling back a bit on that ec. I am assuming .5 conversion. You are running 1.6-1.8ec?

If i sustain 1.6 i surely run into excess issues in pro mix and ocean forest.

Only mention cause i see some tips and edges in that bud pic.
Yeah I did a small flush a week to a week and a half ago with enzymes and cut nitrogen back a couple weeks ago. The next few days I got some tip burning. I am going to do enzymes more often because last time I got tox signs for a few days and fed with higher runoff the next 3 feeds. Now seeing some lightening since reduced nitrogen and I would say if it was 9 weeks I would be good to stay the course but 10+ I'm gonna bump it a bit just to hold that fade a bit longer.

You read those plants bang on bro. Those enzymes really increase the availability... I ran en whole run last time in hydro but doing every couple weeks in soil seems to release alot of nitrogen all at once. I'm gonna go once a week on them now and hopefully that solves that. They sure let you correct the runoff fast though when you see ppm building up.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

this is the new formula megacrop? I've been reading some bad reviews on that stuff. it seems to be working for you though, nicely.
I switched to the 2 part so I'm still tinkering. I was gonna wait till my coco grow but I have the patience of a 3yr old. So far I'm really liking it. I was gonna go jacks until I seen the mega crop 2 part

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Also @mimed I only bumped the ppm up after reducing the nitrogen because they started to fade a bit but I think your right... I will back it off and use enzymes more often rather than have a yoyo amount of nitrogen. Thanks for the info. Thinking about 1.2-1.3 sounds about right for soil?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Also @mimed I only bumped the ppm up after reducing the nitrogen because they started to fade a bit but I think your right... I will back it off and use enzymes more often rather than have a yoyo amount of nitrogen. Thanks for the info. Thinking about 1.2-1.3 sounds about right for soil?

That was my sweet spot in promix for sure. A bit more in late veg and early stretch, but 1.2 seemed to be the magic number the rest of the grow

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That was my sweet spot in promix for sure. A bit more in late veg and early stretch, but 1.2 seemed to be the magic number the rest of the grow
Well 2 extremely accomplished dirt growers advice seals the deal for me. No need for more thought on it. That's where I will head. I think I will just tune the ratio back a little through mid flower seeing how these run longer. Then week 7 back into the heavy PK and up the sulfur to finish the last 3-4 weeks. Well 3 weeks and a good 10 day flush from there.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Well 2 extremely accomplished dirt growers advice seals the deal for me. No need for more thought on it. That's where I will head. I think I will just tune the ratio back a little through mid flower seeing how these run longer. Then week 7 back into the heavy PK and up the sulfur to finish the last 3-4 weeks. Well 3 weeks and a good 10 day flush from there.
What’s the benefit of upping the sulfur last 3 weeks?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What’s the benefit of upping the sulfur last 3 weeks?
Boost to terpene and flavonoids. Sulfur has a big impact on them. Look at most bud finishing products they are mostly sulfur based. I run 1g per gal of epsom the while grow and 2g per gal for the last 1/3 of flowering.

basscaptain

basscaptain

I'll bet you a bean..... you don't start to flush till day 75.............

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I peak out at 1.4 usually but no enzymes. By the time i see orange / brown pistils i am usually tapering back a bit already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom