Aquaman gets dirty

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey pipe , I'm a big believer in neem though I've read that many people disapprove ,
I use a lot more than that , I think my last treatment a couple of years ago I use 1/2 teaspoon in a liter , and a drop or two of gentle soap or even hand soap run off from my hands ...

Shake it up real good and mist the entire plant , and undersides of leaf ....
I do it outdoors or in the bathtub to control the spray and following garlic odor , after about an hour I do a fresh water " removal" with a similar mist bottle ...

Every 3 days for a week or as needed .....
Always successful at wiping out mites ..
Old habit for me , but always works and inve never seen plants suffer

dire wolf

dire wolf

Be aware there is more and more stuff about the negatives (health wise) of using Neem Oil........check this out, then decide. You didn't say what kind of bugs you are fighting????

I think , after reading the article , that it concluded neem is not dangerous to your health .....

sshz

sshz

That's just one article......... personally, I never liked the stuff, it smelled awful and was only mildly effective. I thought Azamax was more effective, as it's a concentrate of the main ingredient in neem oil. But I always thought Safer Insecticidal Soap was more effective and carried fewer issues when using it.

dire wolf

dire wolf

That's just one article......... personally, I never liked the stuff, it smelled awful and was only mildly effective. I thought Azamax was more effective, as it's a concentrate of the main ingredient in neem oil. But I always thought Safer Insecticidal Soap was more effective and carried fewer issues when using it.
Could be right , I just never tried the others ....neem oil does stink

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Be aware there is more and more stuff about the negatives (health wise) of using Neem Oil........check this out, then decide. You didn't say what kind of bugs you are fighting????

I wouldn't use any of it in flower but during veg I see no problems. I get CHS sometimes but it seems to affect me only if I don't eat and I'm smoking on an empty stomach. I don't think Neem oil is responsible for it as I've never sprayed my pot with it before.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Could be right , I just never tried the others ....neem oil does stink
After learning about washing my buds after harvest I noticed how easy it was to wash the fkers off. I've been spraying with water only and blasting the fkers with the hose, I then let dry and hit them again with the soap and oils. I believe if I get real aggressive I can get rid of them, especially those that I want to turn soon. I've been spraying my outside plants with a blast of water everyday now and they look clean. I'm just afraid to turn my indoor if I have 1 bug left on them.... 1 = 30 x30 x30 x30 x30 in a week they get right out of control if not dealt with asap.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

+1 I never found neem oil effective against spider mites either

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
+1 I never found neem oil effective against spider mites either
From what I've read most essential oils work to some extent, none are cure alls. I've used a variety but not with the amount of oil per liter that I recently read as recommended for contact killing. 8 ml per liter ( about a 1.5 tbs /quart ) I hit them all last night and today I see shriveled up dead mites. I'm going to hit them with water today and maybe another dose of neem oil tomorrow. I still see a few eggs on some of the damaged leaves I've pulled so I still need to stay on it or they'll ruin this crop too.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Need two different products, neem can be one but the other one should be something heavy duty commercial in my opinion but what do I know, I'm 0 -2 vs. mites
🕷 🔫🤬
Aggressive attention to them. Blast them clean and stay on it until eradicated is my plan now. It was my 1.5 months of inattention that got things out of hand and too many plants in a confined area created a monster. I've read they like it hot and dry so give them the opposite of cold and wet. Our humidity here has been in the high 90% up tp 98% and temps around 30c = 86f it was 33c yesterday@ 85% keeping the temp down has been difficult / no air conditioners just fans. That's why it got out of control I should have turned these in June but I can't have buds at growing in 90f and 90% at lights out. lol bin there dun that...now I have 5.5 ft tall plants I can't turn yet.

dire wolf

dire wolf

From what I've read most essential oils work to some extent, none are cure alls. I've used a variety but not with the amount of oil per liter that I recently read as recommended for contact killing. 8 ml per liter ( about a 1.5 tbs /quart ) I hit them all last night and today I see shriveled up dead mites. I'm going to hit them with water today and maybe another dose of neem oil tomorrow. I still see a few eggs on some of the damaged leaves I've pulled so I still need to stay on it or they'll ruin this crop too.
Did you hit them with the neem ? Or essential oils ?

sshz

sshz

I will also mention that numerous company's that make mite killer are recommending drenching the pots when spraying to kill mites. It appears certain mites, but not all of them, can also live in the soil and move back and forth, up and down the plant. People are also putting vaseline down near the base of the plant stem (they also sell a product called Tangle Foot) that will stop the mite highway north/south.

Just to add, this is why most people have an impossible time getting rid of them- because they only spray and don't drench too. Spraying may kill what's up top on the plant, but more mites just move up from the soil looking for their friends for a flu house party.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Keep wishing that man.
I went the commercial way when I got them. Smite product and plant therapy And néem.

If you do a rotation you’re able to kill any that may be immune to any one type of remover.
Smite has an active ingredient of isopropyl alcohol, Plant therapy is the essential oils, neem is need, and you can use dish soap. The little bastards get caught in the bubbles and drown.

Be well and grow on.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Did you hit them with the neem ? Or essential oils ?
I've been using essential oils & soap but not with enough oil. I got a bottle of neem oil and google how much to use it said 8 ml / liter or about 100x more than I was using with essential oils. These are not babies so lots of leaves to deal with. I gotta get the eggs in another day or 2 but I'll blast them off with water again tonight.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If it was me I would take em out bomb the shit out of the room. Take em outside and blast them with air. Spray em with whatever the fuck works before putting em back. I know @1diesel1 has a fool proof way to kill em. Maybe for the third time I have asked him to post it he can post it here lol. That way I don't need to keep asking.

But I like I say never dealt with em.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
If it was me I would take em out bomb the shit out of the room. Take em outside and blast them with air. Spray em with whatever the fuck works before putting em back. I know @1diesel1 has a fool proof way to kill em. Maybe for the third time I asked he can post it here lol. That way I don't need to keep asking.

But I like I say never dealt with em.
It's tough to move them around now, they're 5.5 ft tall in 6 gallon pots ..1 in a 7 gallon too big to move around much I'll go down and take a few individual pics. I've bleached everything in the room and their pots. These double spotted spider mites are a bastard to kill off completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom