Aquaman goes COCO. (Mother hunt)

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sshz

sshz

I searched high and low for the lollipop recipe and just can't find it........it's somewhere in the house, just don't know where yet. But I will share a thread over at ICMag, about using coconut oil to make different candy's, including hard candy. I'll keep looking, but for now, check the link out, there's alot of good stuff in the 10 page thread:

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
For those of you making Infused gummie bears, this chart might come in handy when it comes time to advance the hobby into breeding different varieties of gummies, crossing indica and sativas etc..

You're welcome.

133720308 10158008348521701 1871887769066197511 o

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Dude that is just the discussion I was having with her. Minus the carrageenan. A blend will likely give the best texture and that info you gave may just be a ticket to laziness for me.

More reading...

You can also go the pate au fruits way and set the jellies with apple pectin. Agar and gelatin by themselves will eventually leak liquids due to their propensity for syneresis, but not if there's .01% xanthan gum in there.

amekins

amekins

You can also go the pate au fruits way and set the jellies with apple pectin. Agar and gelatin by themselves will eventually leak liquids due to their propensity for syneresis, but not if there's .01% xanthan gum in there.
I have some fruit pectin I was going to play with, too.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I don't believe cannabis is a gateway drug (lol) but I know for damn sure that growing cannabis is a gateway to so many DIY projects and disciplines. I don't think there's any mistake that it appeals to personalities who fall into the "jack of all/many trades" camp. Professionally I am all over the place as well....basically a web/app developer even though my degrees are in economics and literature lol.
i see you ;) for real though. growing cannabis is a constant "how do i do/fix/improve this" situation and it attracts particular personality types. One thing I've noticed over decades of doing this, is the arrogant types don't last. Coming into it with a big head leads to a crushed ego, and the arrogant type don't tolerate that. The technically competent fair much better.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I'm very much a learn the hard way kinda guy. Just look at this and my last thread as an example. I had fair warning but.... and here is how my mind works... if one is gonna get me blasted what will 2 do?

That and I have a bad habit of just popping shit in my mouth as I'm baking or cooking. It's a curse i don't even think about it. Cookie breaks... ooh quick eat it before someone sees a broken cookie, gummie not right.... nom nom nom.....lmao im not proud of it but is the life and times of Aqua Man. I always make sure I have a completely free night when making edibles as those are usually the night I end up a bit over my comfort level.

You would think I learn but apparently when it comes to edibles.... I have no such ability.
I've got so sick from over eating cannabis I rarely do it anymore. Usually I just ball up and go to sleep, thinking "goodbye world", I always feel like "I'm going to die" LOL

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Oh stop already. I warned everyone before hand. Lol

I had a friend that was severely disabled back in 2013 (he's long since passed away) but I used to give him a bunch of my cookies back then. I usually just dumped a 20 or 30 gallon garbage bag full of fans and trim into my RSO I was making back then, usually just testing the product afterwards for strength. Anyhow, I made a batch of brownies and he brought them home, and somehow his little puppy got into them, ate the entire bag.

He thought the dog was going to die, but it was just stoned for about 3 days. Poor little pup. He said the dog mostly just slept it off for the most part. Dosing is one of those things, if you over do it, you'll certainly remember it the next time around.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
i see you ;) for real though. growing cannabis is a constant "how do i do/fix/improve this" situation and it attracts particular personality types. One thing I've noticed over decades of doing this, is the arrogant types don't last. Coming into it with a big head leads to a crushed ego, and the arrogant type don't tolerate that. The technically competent fair much better.

I don't know how much I agree with this statement. I think success breeds arrogance, and hubris, but those latter things lead back to ultimate failure. I think sometimes, when we have massive success with things in life, (I have much personal experience with success and failure, and bring arrogant in general) we a some point need to integrate that success into our psych and into our way of interacting with others.

I guess what I'm trying to say is this. Some people can't handle success, no matter, it ALWAYS brings them to utter ruin. When times are lean, as we struggling to accomplish things, it creates a thirst to succeed. It's easy to do the right things. It's the struggle that makes us strong, the success however, makes us complacent. That feeling of having arrived at a destination, and some people don't cope with that success well, I certainly don't.

It's easy to do the right things when the alternative is utter ruin, when the chips are down, and success is a matter of survival. But when you've got an abundance of options, and the resources to do anything we want, that's when the troubles start. When we feel invulnerable, invincible.

I'm not extremely religious, but I do recognize wisdom written within scriptures. Proverbs 16:18 states the following:
Pride goes before destruction,
a haughty spirit before a fall.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I don't know how much I agree with this statement. I think success breeds arrogance, and hubris, but those latter things lead back to ultimate failure. I think sometimes, when we have massive success with things in life, (I have much personal experience with success and failure, and bring arrogant in general) we a some point need to integrate that success into our psych and into our way of interacting with others.

I guess what I'm trying to say is this. Some people can't handle success, no matter, it ALWAYS brings them to utter ruin. When times are lean, as we struggling to accomplish things, it creates a thirst to succeed. It's easy to do the right things. It's the struggle that makes us strong, the success however, makes us complacent. That feeling of having arrived at a destination, and some people don't cope with that success well, I certainly don't.

It's easy to do the right things when the alternative is utter ruin, when the chips are down, and success is a matter of survival. But when you've got an abundance of options, and the resources to do anything we want, that's when the troubles start. When we feel invulnerable, invincible.

I'm not extremely religious, but I do recognize wisdom written within scriptures. Proverbs 16:18 states the following:
Pride goes before destruction,
a haughty spirit before a fall.
You, my man, put into accurate words what I so inadequately stated.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
You, my man, put into accurate words what I so inadequately stated.
Thank you tobh, I appreciate that. I don't always do it well, or respectfully enough, I suppose. But I try.

I think looking at any given issue from all sides is a good method for finding basic truths, and robust discussion from various points of view give everyone the opportunity to make fact based conclusions, utilizing a scientific method. Regardless, if it's talking about nurture/nature, how to keep an outdoor grow from getting stolen, or simply debating the personality type that make great cannabis kingpins.

Using a collaborative approach to understanding issues, get's to the core issues. It makes us think deeper. It sheds light everywhere (even places you haven't explored) then leads around in a circle, leaving results to be interpreted and digested. The scientific method , for me, is like a religious experience. It's enlightenment, at it's finest.

Virtually any problems can be solved or understood, but the first step is having an open mind, communication, sharing ideas, their are fundamental principles involved, and sometimes we get in our own way of understanding this world.

I've learned so much from this website, and the people here. it's truly amazing. It's changed my life, in some respects. Most certainly, improved my horticultural skills. (and eliminated my mite problems forever).

Science method
Last edited:
PK1

PK1

Supporter
Thank you tobh, I appreciate that. I don't always do it well, or respectfully enough, I suppose. But I try.

I think looking at any given issue from all sides is a good method for finding basic truths, and robust discussion from various points of view give everyone the opportunity to make fact based conclusions, utilizing a scientific method. Regardless, if it's talking about nurture/nature, how to keep an outdoor grow from getting stolen, or simply debating the personality type that make great cannabis kingpins.

Using a collaborative approach to understanding issues, get's to the core issues. It makes us think deeper. It sheds light everywhere (even places you haven't explored) then leads around in a circle, leaving results to be interpreted and digested. The scientific method , for me, is like a religious experience. It's enlightenment, at it's finest.

Virtually any problems can be solved or understood, but the first step is having an open mind, communication, sharing ideas, their are fundamental principles involved, and sometimes we get in our own way of understanding this world.

I've learned so much from this website, and the people here. it's truly amazing. It's changed my life, in some respects. Most certainly, improved my horticultural skills. (and eliminated my mite problems forever).
to bad the reply button doesn't show the photo. but i kinda go the opposite of the picture. lol. so, i identify, then i communicate, then i conclude the best options i receive which will allow me to analyze and proceed with the process. This will give me an understanding of how and why's 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom