Aquaman goes COCO. (Mother hunt)

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That is comical, and amazing. I've been thinking lately about reassembling the 4 bucket hydro setup actually.

The best results I've ever got from a system is probably a flood table, actually, but they were in 5 gallon pots. Is that what's going on there?
Nope just a lazy mother grow... not overly concerned on the yield etc.

Next grow SOG with what looks will be cake n chem or blueberry dragon cheese. Maybe even half and half but will veg only 2 weeks max.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Nope just a lazy mother grow... not overly concerned on the yield etc.

Next grow SOG with what looks will be cake n chem or blueberry dragon cheese. Maybe even half and half but will veg only 2 weeks max.

I think your grow there illustrates why I don't go about defoliating too much, just pick off the leafs that dry up as it goes along. I think your yields look fine. Did you use coir on that grow?

Plus, I think when you defoliate, you end up with a more leafy/larf type product in the end, those are going to be nice dense buds.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I think your grow there illustrates why I don't go about defoliating too much, just pick off the leafs that dry up as it goes along. I think your yields look fine. Did you use coir on that grow?

Plus, I think when you defoliate, you end up with a more leafy/larf type product in the end, those are going to be nice dense buds.
Yeah 1 gal of canna coco no perlite.

I think some plants need more defoliation than others. @Dirtbag had some good advice on the removing of offshoots rights at flip. I also like to pull the fans that grow into the plant after stretch. Helping with airflow. With the SOG if I go cake n chem I think I can avoid most if not all of pruning. If I go blueberry dragon cheese I may still need a little bit but possibly not.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Yea, I agree, if I take anything off, it's usually in the center of the plant, and down below, and certainly there's times where defoliation is obviously warranted. I just don't like all the little tiny leaves it produces along the cola's, creating that larf type material. I suppose timing is critical to all of this, and maybe I've just not mastered the technique well enough.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yea, I agree, if I take anything off, it's usually in the center of the plant, and down below, and certainly there's times where defoliation is obviously warranted. I just don't like all the little tiny leaves it produces along the cola's, creating that larf type material. I suppose timing is critical to all of this, and maybe I've just not mastered the technique well enough.
So strain dependant I think its just different with each strain and pheno.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Have you ever seen any type of corn-cob (like) pipes made out of cannabis stems? Those look like they would work well. I'm kinda surprised I've never seen any of them around anywhere. Those base stems are nice and round.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Have you ever seen any type of corn-cob (like) pipes made out of cannabis stems? Those look like they would work well. I'm kinda surprised I've never seen any of them around anywhere.
Nope I haven't but then again I'm a vaporizer guy with the odd joint or hit from a pipe... mostly edibles for me now.... absolutely hate bongs lol. I know let the flaming begin.

amekins

amekins

Here is a pic with the pots... lol its a mess but will be cleaning some leaves up here in the next day or 2. They really need it.

I'm actually surprised how big of plants you can do in a 1 gal if feed adequately
Next beans I pop are going to be in coco (as you know). The question is, 1 gallon or 2? And I’m thinking 1.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Nope I haven't but then again I'm a vaporizer guy with the odd joint or hit from a pipe... mostly edibles for me now.... absolutely hate bongs lol. I know let the flaming begin.
I actually wonder how many regulars here are bong people....it's been about ten years for me...tried a bubbler for a while but I just like a simple glass pipe....

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

I used to think that too, but i have a friend that blows that concept out of the water by pulling damn near every leaf off and still produces extremely dense chunky buds with dozens of strains.

This is one of his rooms and some of his end product. No leafy larfy buds from this guy ever. and hes a straight schwazzer.
20201223 164614
20200425 132502

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I actually wonder how many regulars here are bong people....it's been about ten years for me...tried a bubbler for a while but I just like a simple pipe....
Yea, me too. We've got lots of waterpipes but rarely use them anymore, sometimes when someone comes over and want too, it get's taken out. For the most part, I smoke joints. I use an insert, made out of bamboo for smoking the joints, actually. My wife has such bad shakes and spasms in her hands, from her intractable epilepsy, so these work well for her, allowing her to smoke without choking the joint to death.

IMG 20210102 092322620
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I used to think that too, but i have a friend that blows that concept out of the water by pulling damn near every leaf off and still produces extremely dense chunky buds with dozens of strains.

This is one of his rooms and some of his end product. No leafy larfy buds from this guy ever. and hes a straight schwazzer.View attachment 1074538View attachment 1074539

Thanks dirtbag, If you've got some links on the subject, I'd appreciate being able to follow them. I'm not opposed to doing it, I just haven't had much luck so far.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

This is one of his rooms and some of his end product. No leafy larfy buds from this guy ever. and hes a straight schwazzer.View attachment 1074538View attachment 1074539
I kinda feel like IF we can get the nutrients right thats very viable.if we don't it could really hurt the grow. Absolutely stress at the right time does wonders. Would say an advanced technique if done properly kicks ass. Again much will depend on the strain and how well dialed in the nutrients are.

Can't argue with those pics... they speak for themselves.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I kinda feel like IF we can get the nutrients right thats very viable.if we don't it could really hurt the grow. Absolutely stress at the right time does wonders. Would say an advanced technique if done properly kicks ass. Again much will depend on the strain and how well dialed in the nutrients are.

Can't argue with those pics... they speak for themselves.

I agree, general plant health has a lot to do with the response to this technique, and during early flower, there's lot's of hormonal things occurring, so lot's of potential for things going south. If it goes right, it does well, but if it goes wrong, it can be a catastrophe.

Think this one needs some thinning?

IMG 20210101 152733255
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Next beans I pop are going to be in coco (as you know). The question is, 1 gallon or 2? And I’m thinking 1.
Well I can say 1 gal will work 2gal probably 20% perlite and will need watered less so it kinda depends how much you can commit to watering. For me I would do 2 gal if hand watering but I'm also lazy.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
My wife has such bad shakes and spasms in her hands, from her intractable epilepsy
So idk if you know this but my father has parkinson's. As such, I have been interested in learning about neuro disorders and especially w.r.t. cannabinoids.

Check out this guy's papers: https://scholar.google.es/citations?user=wiTy5JcAAAAJ&hl=es

Scientist out of Spain doing work on the endocannabinoid system and neuro disorders. His first paper is about epilepsy.

Some of my takeaways so far from this:

Main receptors are CB1 and CB2.

THC=Agonist (they are more receptive) for both.
CBD=Antagonist (opposite of Agonist) for both
THCV=Antagonist for CB1 and Agonist for CB2

That last one is super interesting to me.....the ability to manipulate that and see what it does....because in my case my father has parts of his brain that focus on movement that have had an uptick in CB2 receptors in a place where people without disorders such as Parkinson's simply do not have them......and if THCV can have an effect either way on them, I mean that seems like it might be worth finding out what that does.

Durban Poison is one strain with significant THCV as I understand it...and then there are THCV specific strains that are hot as hell right now (Dutch Passion is selling them for like 400 dollars a pack).

Anyway I thought you might find that fruitful with your wife's condition. This book is where I stumbled on the guy: https://www.amazon.com/Cannabinoids-Brain-Press-Linda-Parker/dp/0262035790 It is quite rigorous as these things go with great references!

amekins

amekins

Well I can say 1 gal will work 2gal probably 20% perlite and will need watered less so it kinda depends how much you can commit to watering. For me I would do 2 gal if hand watering but I'm also lazy.
That was the original plan for soil, 2 gallon. But this is now twice in 24 hours the 1 gallon coco grows have been dangled before me and so my curiosity is piqued. Watering isn’t an issue.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So idk if you know this but my father has parkinson's. As such, I have been interested in learning about neuro disorders and especially w.r.t. cannabinoids.

Check out this guy's papers: https://scholar.google.es/citations?user=wiTy5JcAAAAJ&hl=es

Scientist out of Spain doing work on the endocannabinoid system and neuro disorders. His first paper is about epilepsy.

Some of my takeaways so far from this:

Main receptors are CB1 and CB2.

THC=Agonist (they are more receptive) for both.
CBD=Antagonist (opposite of Agonist) for both
THCV=Antagonist for CB1 and Agonist for CB2

That last one is super interesting to me.....the ability to manipulate that and see what it does....because in my case my father has parts of his brain that focus on movement that have had an uptick in CB2 receptors in a place where people without disorders such as Parkinson's simply do not have them......and if THCV can have an effect either way on them, I mean that seems like it might be worth finding out what that does.

Durban Poison is one strain with significant THCV as I understand it...and then there are THCV specific strains that are hot as hell right now (Dutch Passion is selling them for like 400 dollars a pack).

Anyway I thought you might find that fruitful with your wife's condition. This book is where I stumbled on the guy: https://www.amazon.com/Cannabinoids-Brain-Press-Linda-Parker/dp/0262035790 It is quite rigorous as these things go with great references!
I have a friend that used to be a member here, I won't use the name for his/her privacy but they suffered many years from grand mal seizures. Consuming edibles has managed to control it with extremely good results. Obviously I'm no expert but if needed I can ask them if they would speak to you about it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That was the original plan for soil, 2 gallon. But this is now twice in 24 hours the 1 gallon coco grows have been dangled before me and so my curiosity is piqued. Watering isn’t an issue.
Haha yeah its definitely my favorite so far. I mean minimal media cuts costs, easy to control the feed and know exactly whats going on, growth rate is great, after harvest the dry coco is gonna be a dream to dispose of and seems you can get a pretty decent sized plant in a single gal of coco with no issues, atleast thus far and I really doubt its going to be by the time they finish.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I have a friend that used to be a member here, I won't use the name for his/her privacy but they suffered many years from grand mal seizures. Consuming edibles has managed to control it with extremely good results. Obviously I'm no expert but if needed I can ask them if they would speak to you about it.
Thanks, I have been getting him on the edible train and that has helped. His shaking is managed almost completely by deep brain stimulation probes (it is wild to see them turned on and off), but at this point my main problem for him is the effects from an interaction with scoliosis that has him dealing with a ridiculous spinal curvature whenever he is upright (his brain curves his spine from like a 25 degree curvature to a 75 degree curvature when he goes from laying down to standing up).

The other problem is just mentally he has slowed down and so having that furthered by cannabis is not a trivial consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom