Aquaman goes COCO. (Mother hunt)

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
amekins

amekins

Haha yeah its definitely my favorite so far. I mean minimal media cuts costs, easy to control the feed and know exactly whats going on, growth rate is great, after harvest the dry coco is gonna be a dream to dispose of and seems you can get a pretty decent sized plant in a single gal of coco with no issues, atleast thus far and I really doubt its going to be by the time they finish.
See??? Dangle dangle dangle. 🥕

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

See??? Dangle dangle dangle. 🥕
Lol I know.... its like the give a friend a clone.... then chuckle as they spend a thousand dollars to make it grow when they never had any intentions of growing in the first place.

Nothing wrong with soil... Coco just suits me better. I have yet to find a downfall other than the frequency of which you feed it, which is overcome by autofeed. If you say go 1 gal instead of 2 or 3 and autofeed the autofeed system will pay for itself... atleast in my mind.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
So idk if you know this but my father has parkinson's. As such, I have been interested in learning about neuro disorders and especially w.r.t. cannabinoids.

Check out this guy's papers: https://scholar.google.es/citations?user=wiTy5JcAAAAJ&hl=es

Scientist out of Spain doing work on the endocannabinoid system and neuro disorders. His first paper is about epilepsy.

Some of my takeaways so far from this:

Main receptors are CB1 and CB2.

THC=Agonist (they are more receptive) for both.
CBD=Antagonist (opposite of Agonist) for both
THCV=Antagonist for CB1 and Agonist for CB2

That last one is super interesting to me.....the ability to manipulate that and see what it does....because in my case my father has parts of his brain that focus on movement that have had an uptick in CB2 receptors in a place where people without disorders such as Parkinson's simply do not have them......and if THCV can have an effect either way on them, I mean that seems like it might be worth finding out what that does.

Durban Poison is one strain with significant THCV as I understand it...and then there are THCV specific strains that are hot as hell right now (Dutch Passion is selling them for like 400 dollars a pack).

Anyway I thought you might find that fruitful with your wife's condition. This book is where I stumbled on the guy: https://www.amazon.com/Cannabinoids-Brain-Press-Linda-Parker/dp/0262035790 It is quite rigorous as these things go with great references!
Yea, thanks for the information, very much interested in it milson, I have a tremendous interest in this subject matter actually. Especially when it comes to trying new strains that might be effective in controlling my wifes spasms, shakes, imbalance and seizure activity.

Seems like she's always reaching for the indicas, especially anything really potent, and she's got a much, much higher tolerance than I. The girl scout cookie auto's that I have come from dutch passion and supposed to be high in THCV, so I'll try that one for her. (just rolled one this morning actually) We've also been using Moby Dick XXL in that regard for it's high cbd values. Frankenstein project is very much in that vein, trying to create a strain that's working well for her.

I'll have to get my hands on some durban poison again, it make sense to me, because we've been trying various strains she's much more responsive to some strains that others, but it doesn't seem to be the one's high in CBD actually, but some of the ones with high THC content. I thought it might just be the high she's talking about, but there might actually be something more to it.

Certainly narrowing down those different components are the answer. I was actually looking at this to see if further purification of specific THC components might be possible.

Polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (PAGE) is a technique widely used in biochemistry, forensic chemistry, genetics, molecular biology and biotechnology to separate biological macromolecules, usually proteins or nucleic acids, according to their electrophoretic mobility.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I have a friend that used to be a member here, I won't use the name for his/her privacy but they suffered many years from grand mal seizures. Consuming edibles has managed to control it with extremely good results. Obviously I'm no expert but if needed I can ask them if they would speak to you about it.

Yea, that's what I'm dealing with my wife actually, Aqua. She's being followed by one of the top Neurologist in the United States, she almost died back in 2013 if I hadn't been there that morning, she went into status epilepticus for over 30 minuets. They had to give her 2 amps of versed to knock it out. (and her out with it). This is the end stage of epilepsy. She's had temporal craniotomy. Her balance and memory are fucked, same with her coordination. The tragic part is this injury was caused by an abusive partner, long ago. Basically, the meds she's on are toxic to her liver, and her kidneys (only 1 remains) to a lesser extent, but there is no choice.

However, cannabis is NOT toxic, and if it can control her seizures, we can back off the other meds. (which we have effectively done, so far). My hope, is one day withdrawing some more, or perhaps all her medications, and controlling it with cannabinoids alone. I was in the medical profession for over 20 years, so I've got her meds dialed in pretty well. Certainly much better than when we first met, but there's always room for improvements.

Certainly any strains out there that might help would be greatly appreciated.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yea, that's what I'm dealing with my wife actually, Aqua. She's being followed by one of the top Neurologist in the United States, she almost died back in 2013 if I hadn't been there that morning, she went into status epilepticus for over 30 minuets. They had to give her 2 amps of versed to knock it out. (and her out with it). This is the end stage of epilepsy. She's had temporal craniotomy. Her balance and memory are fucked, same with her coordination. The tragic part is this injury was caused by an abusive partner, long ago. Basically, the meds she's on are toxic to her liver, and her kidneys (only 1 remains) to a lesser extent, but there is no choice.

However, cannabis is NOT toxic, and if it can control her seizures, we can back off the other meds. (which we have effectively done, so far). My hope, is one day withdrawing some more, or perhaps all her medications, and controlling it with cannabinoids alone. I was in the medical profession for over 20 years, so I've got her meds dialed in pretty well. Certainly much better than when we first met, but there's always room for improvements.

Certainly any strains out there that might help would be greatly appreciated.
I'll pm ya.

Fudge

Fudge

I actually wonder how many regulars here are bong people....it's been about ten years for me...tried a bubbler for a while but I just like a simple glass pipe....

I know it's dirty and in need of a clean but it has been hammered over the festive period.

Old fashioned gravity bong or a bucket as we brits call them. 43 yrs old this year and I still can't give it up. I'm. Vaping a lot more these days too but just can't beat that hit off of my bucket

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
View attachment 1074560

I know it's dirty and in need of a clean but it has been hammered over the festive period.

Old fashioned gravity bong or a bucket as we brits call them. 43 yrs old this year and I still can't give it up. I'm. Vaping a lot more these days too but just can't beat that hit off of my bucket
Fuck i havent seen one of those since highschool. Used to call it an aqualung.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Basically what were after is the cannabinoids that have good annticonvulsant potential. Since anticonvulsants also act as mood stabilizers, and for the treatment of neuropathic pain, that should give some clues.

Conventional antiepileptic drugs block sodium channels or enhance γ-aminobutyric acid (GABA) function. Several other antiepileptic drugs have multiple or uncertain mechanisms of action. Additional targets include voltage-gated calcium channels, SV2A, and α2δ. By blocking sodium or calcium channels, antiepileptic drugs reduce the release of excitatory glutamate, whose release is considered to be elevated in epilepsy, but also that of GABA.

I believe the main mechanism for cannabis probably centers around GABA receptors, and possibly some involvement of Glutamate. Cannabis that have a similar response to benzodiazapine type medications ( Valium, Librium, Midazolam) hold the most promise, IMO. Benzo's whose core chemical structure is the fusion of a benzene ring and a diazepine ring are the model that should be used for comparison.

These types of compounds result in sedative, hypnotic (sleep-inducing), anxiolytic (anti-anxiety), anticonvulsant, and muscle relaxant properties. There all in a very similar vein. Modulating Serotonin uptake is the key transmitter in this endeavor.

Other strains of cannabis seem to have many other type of undesirable effects, strains like "green crack" for instance, seem to have almost a norepinephrine/epinephrine (adrenaline) pathway, which is obviously undesirable but useful for other obvious reasons. Whereas, thing like CBD tend to target the dopamine pathway, stimulates the adenosine receptor to encourage the release of glutamate and dopamine neurotransmitters.

It certainly is a fascinating subject, for sure.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Basically what were after is the cannabinoids that have good annticonvulsant potential. Since anticonvulsants also act as mood stabilizers, and for the treatment of neuropathic pain, that should give some clues.

Conventional antiepileptic drugs block sodium channels or enhance γ-aminobutyric acid (GABA) function. Several other antiepileptic drugs have multiple or uncertain mechanisms of action. Additional targets include voltage-gated calcium channels, SV2A, and α2δ. By blocking sodium or calcium channels, antiepileptic drugs reduce the release of excitatory glutamate, whose release is considered to be elevated in epilepsy, but also that of GABA.

I believe the main mechanism for cannabis probably centers around GABA receptors, and possibly some involvement of Glutamate. Cannabis that have a similar response to benzodiazapine type medications ( Valium, Librium, Midazolam) hold the most promise, IMO. Benzo's whose core chemical structure is the fusion of a benzene ring and a diazepine ring are the model that should be used for comparison.

These types of compounds result in sedative, hypnotic (sleep-inducing), anxiolytic (anti-anxiety), anticonvulsant, and muscle relaxant properties. There all in a very similar vein. Modulating Serotonin uptake is the key transmitter in this endeavor.

Other strains of cannabis seem to have many other type of undesirable effects, strains like "green crack" for instance, seem to have almost a norepinephrine/epinephrine (adrenaline) pathway, which is obviously undesirable but useful for other obvious reasons. Whereas, thing like CBD tend to target the dopamine pathway, stimulates the adenosine receptor to encourage the release of glutamate and dopamine neurotransmitters.

Sent ya a pm soni can pit you in contact with them.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
View attachment 1074560

Pics out of the bucket please.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter

Seriously check out that guy's papers. Lmk if you have a prob accessing one.

This is where to start imo.

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I used to think that too, but i have a friend that blows that concept out of the water by pulling damn near every leaf off and still produces extremely dense chunky buds with dozens of strains.

This is one of his rooms and some of his end product. No leafy larfy buds from this guy ever. and hes a straight schwazzer.View attachment 1074538View attachment 1074539

this is pheno dependent right. He pics moms and runs them? Cant credit massive defoliation alone.

Fudge

Fudge

Why on earth would you want to see that grossness? 😂
Yes I take all abuse, it is filthy. I'm currently working my way through a 3 litre bottle of soda so that I can replace the bottle.

You don't even want to think about the state of the inside of the chillum/13mm socket.

Dirtier still, back in the day I would scrape the resin from the bottle/chillum let it dry, then spread it along a rizla and smoke it 🤣😂

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
this is pheno dependent right. He pics moms and runs them? Cant credit massive defoliation alone.
He schwazzes everything when it goes into flower. He is a pheno hunter yes, but according to him its extremeltly rare for him to find a plant that doesnt benefit from the technique if its done properly. He has done a shitload of side by side tests with known strains and with some there is little benefit, but no negative consequences. But with most strains, it nearly doubles the final yield for him.

In that photo of his testers there is probably a dozen strains/phenos in there if not more.

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Thanks dirtbag, If you've got some links on the subject, I'd appreciate being able to follow them. I'm not opposed to doing it, I just haven't had much luck so far.
Sorry i dont really other than what he has told me. Ive only tried it once, and it was a long time ago but my results were less than stellar. That could be due to many factors though.

I think its a pretty advanced technique honestly and if the environment and feeding isnt dialed in it can go sideways in a hurry. But if it is dialed in, it makes a big difference in the final yield.

I havent had the nerve to try it myself the way he does it because like most growers, it just doesnt compute with my brain how its even possible let alone benificial. I just share his results to play devils advocate, because it absolutely works amazingly for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom