• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Gonna be a fuckin nightmare. Cake and chem should start showing in the next week or 2. But I have seeds planted 3 weeks apart. I'll prob have to take a lot off the cake and chem to help even it out.
Being from seed they could all start and finish flowering at different times too... Regardless, looking forward to seeing how it goes. I have no doubts its gonna get frustrating for you, but I have faith you will pull it off.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Being from seed they could all start and finish flowering at different times too... Regardless, looking forward to seeing how it goes. I have no doubts its gonna get frustrating for you, but I have faith you will pull it off.
Thanks bro... next grow back to clones and redeem this shit show stuff lol.

Fudge

Fudge

Gonna be a fuckin nightmare. Cake and chem should start showing in the next week or 2. But I have seeds planted 3 weeks apart. I'll prob have to take a lot off the cake and chem to help even it out.
You could supercrop or even just pinch the stems on them to delay growth a bit let the rest catch up while they heal up, if you defoliate different levels the big ones might just explode with growth and you could get some monsters overshadowing the younger girls. Just a thought as I've got a few mixed strains and schedules in together atm, just for a personal smorgasbord at xmas

Fudge

Fudge

if i had the space to run regs i would but currently i just going to stick to feminized seeds.
I'm thinking of doing a guerrilla grow in the spring but taking the females bk indoors and leaving the males to go bk and collect pollen later. I've got a nice big country park very close by and have chosen a nice secluded spot, high reeds with a nice hidden 15 foot circle of open space in the middle, lots of fish and birds for fertilizer so hopefully will survive

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Finally got 2 lights in route, maybe get to use them with the current flowering plants.

I purchased 2 of the light fixtures, and 4 of the bulbs (2 extra)
Think this will be enough for only one room, or can I do both 5x5 area's with only 2 fixtures?

Since I started doing a lot more breeding, I'm noticing more bud rot, especially on the upper tips sometimes, it seems like the seeds underneath, once they mature, sometimes tend to become a source of infection. The catalyx, or husk around the seed dies, after becoming mature, and sometimes become a source of mold spores starting.

Hopefully this will help to remedy the issue, (and increase resin production) I've been using 50% RH and I've made some efforts to pull the buds out along the main cola's now, as I would rather risk pulling on the buds vs having them sit tightly packed against one another and create opportunities for tunneling molds I cannot see. Nothing worse than a bud rot.

Capture2
Capture
Last edited:
Odiesel

Odiesel

Finally got 2 lights in route, maybe get to use them with the current flowering plants.

I purchased 2 of the light fixtures, and 4 of the bulbs (2 extra)
Think this will be enough for only one room, or can I do both 5x5 area's with only 2 fixtures?

Since I started doing a lot more breeding, I'm noticing more bud rot, especially on the upper tips sometimes, it seems like the seeds underneath, once they mature, sometimes tend to become a source of infection. The catalyx, or husk around the seed dies, after becoming mature, and sometimes become a source of mold spores starting.

Hopefully this will help to remedy the issue, (and increase resin production) I've been using 50% RH and I've made some efforts to pull the buds out along the main cola's now, as I would rather risk pulling on the buds vs having them sit tightly packed against one another and create opportunities for tunneling molds I cannot see. Nothing worse than a bud rot.
I gotta look into a small uv fixture for my 4x4.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter

Yea, I have to deal with a lot of this stuff on an ongoing basis, having all stages of growth in the same area. Besides cutting it back, just make sure all your small stuff is gone over everyday and keep it from getting covered up, repositioning and keeping the big ones from eclipsing the smaller ones, that's what I try to manage anyhow, it's a game of constantly repositioning daily and fitting the puzzle together.

If you do it thoughtfully enough, you should have less to worry about, (ie. removal of growth), unless your really concerned about uniformity in overall size.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yea, I have to deal with a lot of this shit, because all stages of growth in the same area. Besides cutting it back, just make sure all your small stuff is gone over everyday and keep it from g getting covered up, repositioning and keeping the big ones from eclipsing the smaller ones, that's what I try to manage anyhow, it's a game of constantly repositioning daily and fitting the puzzle together.

If you do it thoughtfully enough, you should have less to worry about, (ie. removal of growth), unless your really concerned about uniformity in overall size.

I have to move and refit my staggered age plants like a puzzle too. I also keep gallon pitchers to mix nutes individually for each plant needing water/feed each day. I keep notes and lift every pot to check every day.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
If you use good training, you'll just end up with some bigger yield on some of the bigger ones, while keeping all the vertical growth in check, so there all coming up around the same heights.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I have to move and refit my staggered age plants like a puzzle too. I also keep gallon pitchers to mix nutes individually for each plant needing water/feed each day. I keep notes and lift every pot to check every day.
Same here, I mix up nutes in 1 liter jugs, then I do things like hitting P, K and N individually in "layered" phases, and measuring out quantities based on individual growth stage, overall appearance, color, ph run-off (if needed) and whatever other information I can collect. It's an imperfect method for sure, and I probably could benefit immensely from better record tracking, but I want to develop a keen eye for each individual deficiency, (or toxicity) and knowing exactly where I'm sitting, based mostly upon appearance, and recall of what I've already done to it.

It's a different way of doing things, but I'm getting there. Maintaining a large buffer capacity is a really important step in maintaining good control over a "soil" type of environment. I think things like dolomite lime, calcium carbonate and bases like Potassium hydroxide and dipotassium phosphate really give me more control over everything.

The normal progression is for organics tends toward pH acidic, (at least for me), products of bacterial, microbial breakdown, so compensating for that during the flowering cycle seems to be the lyncpin of success, for organic soils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom