• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
amekins

amekins

Yes I decided against the slash angle lol

I actually worked for a couple years as a ghost writer for erotic romance during the fifty shades of grey phase.....on salary at this startup. Pushed out a couple usa today best sellers actually (not as impressive as it sounds, those are heavily manipulated).

But. Ya know. Time and place.
Yeah, somehow my one and only publication in "AARC Times" probably wouldn't fit as well here. LOL.

Vesti Bule

Vesti Bule

It’s ok. We thought it would be temporary but like all inflammation in my body, it stuck around lol. I can still hum. 😊 And play guitar and piano and flute, though none particularly well these days lol.
Chiming in a little late here in the musician/singing moment...

Love hearing of someone else with a vocal background - I was a voice major in my undergrad. Left that world behind a long time ago, but man that was the throughline of my existence for a few years back in the nineties. Never really achieved more than a basic competence as a run-of-the-mill baritone though.

amekins

amekins

Chiming in a little late here in the musician/singing moment...

Love hearing of someone else with a vocal background - I was a voice major in my undergrad. Left that world behind a long time ago, but man that was the throughline of my existence for a few years back in the nineties. Never really achieved more than a basic competence as a run-of-the-mill baritone though.
I went from a second soprano to a second alto at best...and I cannot maintain some notes. It's possible it could improve with speech/voice therapy, but shit, I have enough medical crap without adding more. But it kind of makes me sad sometimes when I try to sing along and my voice is cracking like Peter Brady in "Time to Change." (You may be too young for that reference, so here.)

Vesti Bule

Vesti Bule

I went from a second soprano to a second alto at best...and I cannot maintain some notes. It's possible it could improve with speech/voice therapy, but shit, I have enough medical crap without adding more. But it kind of makes me sad sometimes when I try to sing along and my voice is cracking like Peter Brady in "Time to Change." (You may be too young for that reference, so here.)
Ha! Yea, they hired me to do the ADR/voiceover on that...

...not really, kidding obviously, but it does sound familiar to the point of being biographical.

The main problem I had was being overly analytical in a tension-inducing way, I had real trouble just enjoying it and letting it rip out of the top of the head without overthinking things in useless ways. My always mild-mannered accompanist witnessed more than a few frustrated moments in the practice studio.

Ended up leaving the performance side of things for the academic world with some degrees in music theory, film studies, and musicology.

I honestly think that if I had discovered weed in my early 20's that some anxieties of the time would have been better regulated, and probably would have upped my game musically - I'm guessing you get my drift...

amekins

amekins

Ha! Yea, they hired me to do the ADR/voiceover on that...

...not really, kidding obviously, but it does sound familiar to the point of being biographical.

The main problem I had was being overly analytical in a tension-inducing way, I had real trouble just enjoying it and letting it rip out of the top of the head without overthinking things in useless ways. My always mild-mannered accompanist witnessed more than a few frustrated moments in the practice studio.

Ended up leaving the performance side of things for the academic world with some degrees in music theory, film studies, and musicology.

I honestly think that if I had discovered weed in my early 20's that some anxieties of the time would have been better regulated, and probably would have upped my game musically - I'm guessing you get my drift...
I definitely do. Don’t laugh ok?

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
THAT is gutsy - one of the hardest well-known songs to sing, well done, seriously!
The melody was originally from an English choral club, intended to prove one's singing skills using jumps over 1 octave and a persistent sharp 4th...crazy that we ask ordinary people at events to sing it lol ❤

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Well things are looking a bit more promising today but hard to say for sure.

Was also going through some material I have read and figured this would be a good link for coco and hydro growers to share. I posted in another thread but will link here also.

20201031 160741
jackflash1374

jackflash1374

I'm going be using these corrugated panels in an upcoming build. So skill saw isn't the best option to cut these to size? Should I be scoring and snapping off, same way you would cut drywall?

Looking forward to updates!
From 25 yrs experience in the industry, quickest and easiest way is to use a skilsaw or any worm drive circular. Key though is PUT BLADE IN BACKWARDS!!

You're welcome!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

From 25 yrs experience in the industry, quickest and easiest way is to use a skilsaw or any worm drive circular. Key though is PUT BLADE IN BACKWARDS!!

You're welcome!
Yup thank you. Others have said the same thing and next time thats what I'll do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom