Aquaman goes COCO. (Mother hunt)

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

If you use good training, you'll just end up with some bigger yield on some of the bigger ones, while keeping all the vertical growth in check, so there all coming up around the same heights.

Staggaring the flower room allows much higher production over time. I harvest meds every couple of weeks and plug a new veg plant in.

Also less work at a time but its consistant. Only need to harvest/ trim a plant or two at a time. Only need to water/ feed/ transplant/ train a few plants at a time any given day.

Once in a while a whole bunch of plants need care on the same day. Mrs. MMG calls that the “trifecta”. She is not a gambler. Lol. ;-)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Same here, I mix up nutes in 1 liter jugs, then I do things like hitting P, K and N individually in "layered" phases, and measuring out quantities based on individual growth stage, overall appearance, color, ph run-off (if needed) and whatever other information I can collect. It's an imperfect method for sure, and I probably could benefit immensely from better record tracking, but I want to develop a keen eye for each individual deficiency, (or toxicity) and knowing exactly where I'm sitting, based mostly upon appearance, and recall of what I've already done to it.

It's a different way of doing things, but I'm getting there. Maintaining a large buffer capacity is a really important step in maintaining good control over a "soil" type of environment. I think things like dolomite lime, calcium carbonate and bases like Potassium hydroxide and dipotassium phosphate really give me more control over everything.

The normal progression is for organics tends toward pH acidic, (at least for me), products of bacterial, microbial breakdown, so compensating for that during the flowering cycle seems to be the lyncpin for organic soils.

I think growing 100’s of plants one or two started at a time in a row and caring for them all individually as needed has accellerated the learning process for me. Each next plants were a different seed from a different pack or a clone i was running again. And they all need different care some. So i have to watch all the plants and adjust their nutes and general care to suit.

It has packed the experience of 100’s of little grows over only a few years time. And i have done it for almost 7 years now perpetually.

beluga

beluga

Wanted an excuse to hop in on some of you veteran growers' logs.

I've always been drawn to the perpetual grows that have many plants at staggered stages. If for no other reason than harvesting a few ounces biweekly beats harvesting pounds any damn day.

But, now I've got my sight on mixing up my own little mutt and being able to actually grow out and observe/compare many different phenos and maybe try to stabilize a favorite at some point.
Serious dreaming at this point, but it's my first time out of the closet, so I'm letting those dreams run wild.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Yea, so since the newer lights, I've got 2 really productive grow area's, can't wait for the agromax 4 footers to arrive, that will help things along with resin, and give another layer of protection against mold. I really want to work on ramping up the terpene production at this point, I think.

Having them coming in rapid succession also gives you opportunity to try key treatments, or novel ideas "one up" and if it works, you simply integrate it into the regime, seems a much faster learning curve, for sure. That's one of the big things I love about this style, because I can try out new strategies. I've had a few "game changer" or "eureka moment in just the last few months doing this, so no doubt, there's much to learn about this strategy.

I'm hoping to get to a point, were I can plant something into a hole outside this spring and not have to fuss about them very much, just plant a small seedling into peat pot's, then transfer into hole's filled with good draining soil and some "super soil" mix that will carry them close to the harvest, then just do some fine tuning at the end, stuff like kelp, fossilized bat shit that will last the entire time. I can even check on them with my drones if need be, and draw much less attention to the area, and have more time for planting others. (my drones go like 2-5 miles).

After I pump these GG#4 seeds out, I'm going to take a break on the seeding and focus on fine tuning my flowering with this new technique, I've got probably 10,000 to 100,000 seeds, just too many to count. LOL So I can cherry pick plants, Hopefully. If I can get some major amount of plants into the ground, and help make a good quantity of high quality medicine.

I think it's probably double or tripling my output doing it this way. Hopefully, this technique will transfer into an outdoor setting as well.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yea, so since the newer lights, I've got 2 really productive grow area's, can't wait for the agromax 4 footers to arrive, that will help things along with resin, and give another layer of protection against mold. I really want to work on ramping up the terpene production at this point, I think.

Having them coming in rapid succession also gives you opportunity to try key treatments, or novel ideas "one up" and if it works, you simply integrate it into the regime, seems a much faster learning curve, for sure. That's one of the big things I love about this style, because I can try out new strategies. I've had a few "game changer" or "eureka moment in just the last few months doing this, so no doubt, there's much to learn about this strategy.

I'm hoping to get to a point, were I can plant something into a hole outside this spring and not have to fuss about them very much, just plant a small seedling into peat pot's, then transfer into hole's filled with good draining soil and some "super soil" mix that will carry them close to the harvest, then just do some fine tuning at the end, stuff like kelp, fossilized bat shit that will last the entire time. I can even check on them with my drones if need be, and draw much less attention to the area, and have more time for planting others.

After I pump these GG#4 seeds out, I'm going to take a break on the seeding and focus on fine tuning my flowering with this new technique, I've got probably 10,000 to 100,000 seeds, just too many to count. LOL So I can cherry pick plants, Hopefully. If I can get some major amount of plants into the ground, and help make some good quanity of medicine.
2 4ft agromax should easily do a 5x5. Just be very careful start very short exposure times.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I'm hoping to get to a point, were I can plant something into a hole outside this spring and not have to fuss about them very much, just plant a small seedling into peat pot's, then transfer into hole's filled with good draining soil and some "super soil" mix that will carry them close to the harvest, then just do some fine tuning at the end, stuff like kelp, fossilized bat shit that will last the entire time. I can even check on them with my drones if need be, and draw much less attention to the area, and have more time for planting others. (my drones go like 2-5 miles).

After I pump these GG#4 seeds out, I'm going to take a break on the seeding and focus on fine tuning my flowering with this new technique, I've got probably 10,000 to 100,000 seeds, just too many to count. LOL So I can cherry pick plants, Hopefully. If I can get some major amount of plants into the ground, and help make a good quantity of high quality medicine.

I think it's probably double or tripling my output doing it this way. Hopefully, this technique will transfer into an outdoor setting as well.

You keep saying mold and other protection. Uvb only causes stress and increased thc production (not other cannabanoids we know of). Uvc kills mold.

it will also harm some materials over time. Plastics, mylar, panda film. Etc.

And of course burn human skin.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You keep saying mold and other protection. Uvb only causes stress and increased thc production (not other cannabanoids we know of). Uvc kills mold.

it will also harm some materials over time. Plastics, mylar, panda film. Etc.

And of course burn human skin.
Uvb will also aid in pests and mold. The difference is the exposure time. All UV is damaging the difference is the exposure level needed.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Uvb will also aid in pests and mold. The difference is the exposure time. All UV is damaging the difference is the exposure level needed.

I have not read that when using uvb to increase thc that it helps control pests or mold. Must be a dangerous intensity that does that. Seems uvc sterilizing lights are becoming popular. Thats even more dangerous.

if anything i have seen grows posted with terribly stressed plants from it with more pest issues. Go easy folks.

i do not think it is a good idea at all to include it in our grow rooms. And i am sad the market thinks a few points of thc means more money. It does not equal higher quality in my opinion. Just a little more thc. Sounds good for selling unneeded expensive light bulbs though.

and adding back disposable flourescent tubes filled with mercury to an led grow is just irresponsible and backwards in my opinion.

And like @cemchris said. Dont look into the light...

beluga

beluga

As far as I recall from mushroom farming/cell culturing, UV doesn't really kill microbes, it just has the chance to impede their growth by mutating their cell structures.
It's really a crap shoot - simply just having one microbe in front of another is enough to block the exposure and render the radiation harmless to the one in the shade... and that's on a two-dimensional petri dish. Given a large grow room... I don't see the antimicrobial effect being worth the carcinogen risk.

But if we're trying to best replicate the sun's radiation through the atmosphere, I can only assume a certain amount has to be beneficial for a myriad of plant processes that we may not know about...

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah I have seen data both ways. Could be that many studies are to narrow? Possibly the effect of UVB providing the plant more resistance? As opposed to directly killing pests mold etc?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Either way, I love the fact that MiMed is such a skeptic about mainstream grow stuff. It really does keep us grounded and makes us dig deeper for the truth behind certain claims. And I mean that sincerely, not a jab.

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

Wish these things would show maturity soon. Gonna get crowded.

What’s your plan for that? I’m wondering cause I’ve had some strains that just don’t show until the first or second week of 12/12. Do you think you’ll have large gaps between strains or plants showing maturity?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What’s your plan for that? I’m wondering cause I’ve had some strains that just don’t show until the first or second week of 12/12. Do you think you’ll have large gaps between strains or plants showing maturity?
Absolutely they were planted 3 weeks apart. As this grow is not so much for yield as just finding a mom. I'm likely to just prune and let the DC and Gelato catch up.

Vesti Bule

Vesti Bule

Absolutely they were planted 3 weeks apart. As this grow is not so much for yield as just finding a mom. I'm likely to just prune and let the DC and Gelato catch up.
Might it be at all effective to rearrange things to distribute ideal lighting to younger plants and still effective but marginal light to the more advanced plants for a short time (like a week or so)? If rearranging isn't an option, I wonder if some kind of translucent netting or dome over the older ones would create a kind of "pergola" effect, allowing plenty of light for survival and further development, but moderating the lighting to regulate for a somewhat slower pace while the younger plants enjoy an all-you-can-eat smorgasbord of delicious luminescence.

Probably overthinking things and pruning is the simpler option, but it would be an interesting experiment.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Might it be at all effective to rearrange things to distribute ideal lighting to younger plants and still effective but marginal light to the more advanced plants for a short time (like a week or so)? If rearranging isn't an option, I wonder if some kind of translucent netting or dome over the older ones would create a kind of "pergola" effect, allowing plenty of light for survival and further development, but moderating the lighting to regulate for a somewhat slower pace while the younger plants enjoy an all-you-can-eat smorgasbord of delicious luminescence.

Probably overthinking things and pruning is the simpler option, but it would be an interesting experiment.
I think the older plants would stretch if I reduce the light intensity. What I could do is hang some heavy blue light to keep em down but I'm to lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom