Aquaman goes COCO. (Mother hunt)

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter

19.20 how I combat the straw effect from coco , this makes the stems a 100 times stronger and maximises the nutrient uptake too

I get 95-100% success rate cloning from and into coco with just a jiffy plug/nursery bag and I cut tiny clones

Ive been loving these nursery bags, a lot cheaper, you just use pure coco and soak it,
View attachment 1056535

Yea, I've got all sizes with these things, makes perpetual gardening very easy, because you've always got the right sized pots for everyone, and when they overgrow it, no worries, just put the bag and all inside another bigger bag...

My root balls get very dense, and I can basically regulate the root ball density.

I've got the 8x10 cm bags (about the size of peat pots) the 14x 16 cm and the 20-22 cm (hundreds of them), then when the roots pop out, I stick them into the cloth grow bags, it's a very good system.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
True for sure on the rapid rooters , I learned a long time ago to have a tool box of various size pokers ...... Day / night success rate
Also found that lubricating the hole with a bit of clonex or water / clonex mix makes a difference before the stem slides in
lubricating holes is always a must. Just in general life speaking anyhow, that's a given that pretty universal, I think.😁

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I'm scared to hit the room today. Its gonna be a dense mess and quite some time sitting and pruning/cloning/topping and thanks to @Fudge probably some supercropping. With my back issues may not even finish today.

I was about to start yesterday when I got charged with making dinner. I'm one of those ppl that go into panic if I dont get red meat at least once a week..... forwarned the household when I was going shopping that its red meat dinner tonight and to make no mistake about it.... So walk in and start browsing.... pass by a few cuts and BAM. Whole beef tenderloins $9/lb... I literally start looking around like I'm robbing the place. I grab 2 and head home head high and proud as fuck of myself, I'm salivating and thinking of how thick of steaks I'm gonna cut and how many roasts should I cut.

I walk in the door with the biggest shit eating grin you even seen with one over each shoulder like a caveman. Wife looks at me like WTF! You know that look... the one that screams why the fuck did I let him go by himself kinda look.

Then I proclaim loud and proud.. "WHERES THE BEEF" bad reference some of you probably remember. I sat in the kitchen cutting 1.5" tenderloins for grilling and 4 roasts 1 of which I cooked last night to a perfect Med/Rare so tender and juicy you cut it with a fork and it just melted in your mouth... could chew that shit with your tongue.

Can you tell I'm still sporting a grin this morning???

I have a feeling I will need to be accompanied by an adult next time I go.

Do you eat a fair amount of brush meat up there? Screw $9 pound tenderloins, I would be eating venison tenderloins and tongue, if I was living up there. A good black bear roast. Fresh Salmon. Beef is overrated, and often when it's cheap, it's just Holstein milk cow (steer) that nobody wants. I love meat, but I"m pretty selective these days and don't eat it as much anymore.

If you got hereford or angus, you got a great deal. I like hereford beef the best, we used to raise some cattle when I was a teenager at our small farm.

But I would be prepping them with all sorts of things like apples, grains, carrots, alfalfa, then harvest a few about a month or two from now, just after the winter freeze sets in. Perfect time of the year for hanging meat up there. Junk in junk out, everything about meat is what they eat. Same as cannabis.

I used to do this every year when I lived in northern Michigan, right around now. I would shoot me one from my living room only a block from the police department. (whole herd of them in my back yard) Usually I would wait for a good snow, so you couldn't hear the shot in town, (using short shot .22) Plug them in the eye at about a 10 foot range. (small quiet clack) Then allow the snow to cover up all the blood when you drag it around the yard. Finally, hanging it in the garage. Hunting done the easy way, your neighbors will be none the wiser.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Do you eat a fair amount of brush meat up there? Screw $9 pound tenderloins, I would be eating venison tenderloins and tongue, if I was living up there. A good black bear roast. Fresh Salmon. Beef is overrated, and often when it's cheap, it's just Holstein milk cow (steer) that nobody wants. I love meat, but I"m pretty selective these days and don't eat it as much anymore.

If you got hereford or angus, you got a great deal. I like hereford beef the best, we used to raise some cattle when I was a teenager at our small farm.

But I would be prepping them with all sorts of things like apples, grains, carrots, alfalfa, then harvest a few about a month or two from now, just after the winter freeze sets in. Perfect time of the year for hanging meat up there. Junk in junk out, everything about meat is what they eat. Same as cannabis.

I used to do this every year when I lived in northern Michigan, right around now. I would shoot me one from my living room only a block from the police department. (whole herd of them in my back yard) Usually I would wait for a good snow, so you couldn't hear the shot in town, (using short shot .22) Plug them in the eye at about a 10 foot range. (small quiet clack) Then allow the snow to cover up all the blood when you drag it around the yard. Finally, hanging it in the garage. Hunting done the easy way, your neighbors will be none the wiser.
I dont hunt anymore. But yes you can buy most game from butchers.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I dont hunt anymore. But yes you can buy most game from butchers.
I loved living up north, so much freedom, but there are pluses and drawbacks, I suppose. Land is so expensive where I'm at right now, it's virtually impossible to acquire unless your a millionaire. There are so many different way's of life around this country, I don't think most people understand how truly diverse North America has become. Everywhere I've been has a different way of living. The ocean, the wood, the northern zones, the mountains, the desert life, city life, sometimes a combination of one, two or three of the above.

Wherever I've been people are always connected to the land, the environment, one way or another. It's a crime how much it's being neglected in some places, because when it's gone, it's gone forever.

When you turn a rain forest into a field, you change the entire ecosystem that's taken a millennia to create, the fauna, the microorganisms, the animals, the tree canopy, the myco and lichens, it's unitque morplogoical properties, all gone. Some places have survived since the ice age. You can see it in places like on my property, the "terraces" that were left behind after the glacial ice melt. These kinds of places need to be preserved for future generations, instead of making a quick buck.

The bottom drone capture was taken from my property. Such a wonderful place. Both are the same area, down toward the bottom of my land, where my creek dumps into the river. In spring melt, for a week or two, that waterfall is like a quarter mile long, and sounds like thunder. Such unbridled power. Gives you a sense of how small we truly are in this universe of ours. A reality check.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Kinda miss not being out there this year actually. Been having problems with access because it's so remote. my land is down at the bottom off to the left of the waterfall.

Who knows, maybe it's just not made to be tamed, I think. Just enjoy it for what it is, wild and free. Or just build a small cabin that needs to be hiked into. I need to find some flatter land to build on, or I need a bigger budget. If I was to make something in there right, I would need to bring in a bunch of rock from the quarry down the road, to stabilize any type of trails or roads.

like 100 truckloads of the stuff. Who knows, but it's got great potential. I need a bigger budget.

Here's a picture from another angle. I think this pic is a little newer, but the area is starting to fill back in, sorta just becoming a big field, with a cliff behind it.

Capture
Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Kinda miss not being out there this year actually. Been having problems with access because it's so remote. my land is down at the bottom off to the left of the waterfall.

Who knows, maybe it's just not made to be tamed, I think. Just enjoy it for what it is, wild and free. Or just build a small cabin that needs to be hiked into. I need to find some flatter land to build on, or I need a bigger budget. If I was to make something in there right, I would need to bring in a bunch of rock from the quarry down the road, to stabilize any type of trails or roads.

like 100 truckloads of the stuff. Who knows, but it's got great potential. I need a bigger budget.

Here's a picture from another angle. I think this pic is a little newer, but the area is starting to fill back in, sorta just becoming a big field, with a cliff behind it.
Beautiful.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Looking a bit happier today. I supercropped one as a test. Tomorrow 2 more get it... Kyle kushman style 🤭

Wonder what its gonna take to slow these down... probably flip early next week before it gets worse.

The pillage and 48 hrs later.

20201116 184719
20201118 182356
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So as the shit show continues... I have another idiotic mistake to share. I was moving shot around last night and put my clones on the dehuey out of the way.... well I forgot about em and somehow they managed to vibrate off and half scattered across the floor some still in the trays and half not. All but 3 identification markers fell out.

RIP my sanity as I sit now having to cut clones from off shoots since they were all topped. Worst part is they were all good and still are but I have no way to identify most of them. First the debacle with the rapid rooter holes now this... 😁 are we having fun yet?

20201119 205558
tsukiman13

tsukiman13

Sir @Aqua Man so on your coco run. How are your feeding schedule? I want to learn. Been scrolling on this 66 pages post for way too long. My head hurts 😁.

Could you please explain how you run your system?

1. How often do you run your fertigation? 30 secs several times a day for everyday?
2. Do you let it run until run off each time?
3. Your coco feeding schedule? Fwwwf?
4. Your pH? Since you’re running automated. Does pH creeps up or down on your nute res when left several days?
5. Is it okay to water everyday even if it’s still wet in coco?

I’m trying to learn as much as i can here since i can’t afford to test it out like you did here 😁

Please 🙏🏼

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Sir @Aqua Man so on your coco run. How are your feeding schedule? I want to learn. Been scrolling on this 66 pages post for way too long. My head hurts 😁.

Could you please explain how you run your system?

1. How often do you run your fertigation? 30 secs several times a day for everyday?
2. Do you let it run until run off each time?
3. Your coco feeding schedule? Fwwwf?
4. Your pH? Since you’re running automated. Does pH creeps up or down on your nute res when left several days?
5. Is it okay to water everyday even if it’s still wet in coco?

I’m trying to learn as much as i can here since i can’t afford to test it out like you did here 😁

Please 🙏🏼
So I'm in 1 gal coco. No perlite but I would add if I was in any larger pots.

Ppm 600-700ppm now but c
Bumping to 800ppm next res fill. But also running co2 so I need a bit higher concentration.

Right now I fertigate 5 times a day about 15 sec. Roughly 250ml per event. I get about 10%ish runoff. No fertigation over the dark period and last one is about 3 hrs before lights out. First one is right after lights on.

Ph is about 5 6-5.9 right now but will raise this a bit mid flower. Because I use tap and potassium silicate my ph stays pretty stable with about 0.5-0.1 increase per day since it has quite high buffering capacity.

Coco can stay wet i like to keep mine over 90% saturated. It has excellent drainage and air holding capacity so there is no issue with that. Over watering isn't actually to much water its lack of o2 and happens I media with less drainage. However if going 2-3gal i would probably do 70/30 coco perlite and if 5 gal 50/50.

The amount of nutrient solution used depends on pots size. Basically you feed 5% of the pot size and should get 10%ish of that as runoff if your dont then you need to feed the same amount but more often.

tsukiman13

tsukiman13

So I'm in 1 gal coco. No perlite but I would add if I was in any larger pots.

Ppm 600-700ppm now but c
Bumping to 800ppm next res fill. But also running co2 so I need a bit higher concentration.

Right now I fertigate 5 times a day about 15 sec. Roughly 250ml per event. I get about 10%ish runoff. No fertigation over the dark period and last one is about 3 hrs before lights out. First one is right after lights on.

Ph is about 5 6-5.9 right now but will raise this a bit mid flower. Because I use tap and potassium silicate my ph stays pretty stable with about 0.5-0.1 increase per day since it has quite high buffering capacity.

Coco can stay wet i like to keep mine over 90% saturated. It has excellent drainage and air holding capacity so there is no issue with that. Over watering isn't actually to much water its lack of o2 and happens I media with less drainage. However if going 2-3gal i would probably do 70/30 coco perlite and if 5 gal 50/50.

The amount of nutrient solution used depends on pots size. Basically you feed 5% of the pot size and should get 10%ish of that as runoff if your dont then you need to feed the same amount but more often.

Okay this is pretty simple. I will try with coco on a 1 gal pot and hand feed them to see how it works.

dire wolf

dire wolf

So as the shit show continues... I have another idiotic mistake to share. I was moving shot around last night and put my clones on the dehuey out of the way.... well I forgot about em and somehow they managed to vibrate off and half scattered across the floor some still in the trays and half not. All but 3 identification markers fell out.

RIP my sanity as I sit now having to cut clones from off shoots since they were all topped. Worst part is they were all good and still are but I have no way to identify most of them. First the debacle with the rapid rooter holes now this... 😁 are we having fun yet?
Oh man , I feel for ya , one of my biggest fears ......mislabeling , been there , so frustrating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom