Aquaman goes COCO. (Mother hunt)

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Making gummies tonight... tried a bit differently and it made the time to work with them much better. I bloomed the gelatin 3packs into 125ml of cold water that had 1/2tsp of sunflower lecthin mixed in.

Then heated my 1/2 cup infused coconut oil and added the jello pack to just the oil and mixed... it stayed clear lol and I was like wtf is this a dudd box with no color. Mixed it in well then added the solidified bloomed gelatin with lecthin added. As it melted the mix turned purple so I think it just doesn't mix with the oil well. Stirred until everything blended well maybe 30sec to a min tops.

This gave me a lot more time to fill the molds from now on I will cold bloom my gelatin.

In fact in the near future I will likely switch to agar since gelatin melting point is around 90-100f and agar is around 185f.

@amekins can you be a doll and toss this clueless baker some insight on that?

Also pics to come once they are done solidifying as I literally just finished em.

amekins

amekins

Making gummies tonight... tried a bit differently and it made the time to work with them much better. I bloomed the gelatin 3packs into 125ml of cold water that had 1/2tsp of sunflower lecthin mixed in.

Then heated my 1/2 cup infused coconut oil and added the jello pack to just the oil and mixed... it stayed clear lol and I was like wtf is this a dudd box with no color. Mixed it in well then added the solidified bloomed gelatin with lecthin added. As it melted the mix turned purple so I think it just doesn't mix with the oil well. Stirred until everything blended well maybe 30sec to a min tops.

This gave me a lot more time to fill the molds from now on I will cold bloom my gelatin.

In fact in the near future I will likely switch to agar since gelatin melting point is around 90-100f and agar is around 185f.

@amekins can you be a doll and toss this clueless baker some insight on that?

Also pics to come once they are done solidifying as I literally just finished em.
I have it ready to work with but haven’t yet. I’m not a huge fan of gummies but I’ll do some experimentation this week with plain coconut oil to check it out.

_mahavishnu

_mahavishnu

I’m back, happy late holidays to all of you and the plants look gorgeous Aqua! I’ve been entertaining the same thought for creating mothers lately, just taking a clone in flower and using the monster-cropped structure to my benefit for the production of cuts. I might end up doing exactly that with my bodhis/orange gasm next run

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

This recipe i got from @sshz but I have changed things a bit. Will be doing agar in the near future after looking into it. As I posted gelatin melts at around 90-100f and agar around 185f. This will be a big improvement if it works as it will solve any melting issues.

These gummis I made a bit lighter but you can infuse the coconut oil with as much as you like I used 1 oz into 9oz for this batch. Gives you about 1 cup of infused oil.

I decarbed for 45 min at 225f in the over then added the grounds cannabis to the coconut oil and simmered at about 190-200f for 3 hrs. Strain and you have your infused oil.

I use a boiling pot of water with a non stick sauce pan on top to heat the mixture. Once the water boils i turn the heat to medium (4-6)

Add 1 tsp of sunflower lecithin to 125ml of cool water in a cup then.

Add 3 packets of knox gelatin to the water mix and let bloom at least 5 min.

Add 1/2 cup of infused oil to pan/pot and pour in 1 85g of flavored jello of your choice and mix well. It will stay colorless until you add the gelatin bloom.

Add the gelatin bloom to the pan/pot and stir in. As it melts the color will show and continue to mix until oil and water have blended and no separation is left.

Then working quickly fill the molds and place in the fridge or freezer after to set. After 30 min you can remove and put in an airtight bag or container and store in the fridge.

I found blooming the gelatin cold and then adding gives me a lot more time to work with the mix before thickening to much to work with.

I will changing this recipe in the near future to agar and possibly custom flavors but need to do some tinkering to get it sorted.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Is that all lol..id b selling for 10 a pop ha.specially if they make ya legless..
These are weaker. 1oz or just over into 1 cup of oil that will make 300 gummies at about 15mg each.

$600 for an oz and 20 min of work but I give a lot away. Thats the reason I started making them to help friends and family. Some friends just wanted more for thier friends so I charge a minimal price and it works out well for everyone

Moshmen

Moshmen

I really REALLY liked one of the dragon cheese phenos i had. Wish i still had it. I like DFG's gear for sure
Jeff said he was gonna send me a pack of testers over a month ago but i still havent recieved them. Not sure if he forgot or what, but im still hopefull everytime i check the mailbox lol.
I’m just finishing some of his freebies now and I got this one pheno of hydras stash that just kicks ya in the nuts! Excited to run his good gear for sure.

Madmax

Madmax

These are weaker. 1oz or just over into 1 cup of oil that will make 300 gummies at about 15mg each.

$600 for an oz and 20 min of work but I give a lot away. Thats the reason I started making them to help friends and family. Some friends just wanted more for thier friends so I charge a minimal price and it works out well for everyone
I wanna b friends lol..heres my postal address 😃..seriously whats the affect .a gummie = a cone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom