Aquaman goes COCO. (Mother hunt)

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fudge

Fudge

Yeah... that happening in the US is just about impossible. Best you can hope for is to live far enough out that your area isn't even seen by corporations... 'til they want your mineral rights, and they'll gladly strip that from under your feet, too.
It's the driving reason everything's still illegal in a lot of the country and is otherwise getting gouged by this or that tax or whatever the fuck. It's why everyone in rec states are probably on the edge of their seats... it's been a sitting duck for corporations for too long.
But, as I'll forever echo, I'll gladly have them making their money off the rights to cannabis than the incarceration because of cannabis.

My state has a lot of cool loopholes for farming, craft production, cottage laws, and shit like that because of the Amish/Mennonite and Quaker communities... actually we have a lot of cool laws grandfathered in thanks to Quakers... like burying your own dead in designated sites or on your own property. But, I'm guessing a lot of the holdup is how to get around them and make corporations happy. Craft growing is pretty much always on the bill and I'm sure the corporations are just as displeased as I am pleased about it.

I'd like to like that everyone is adopting a more earthly way of life... but I guess I'm still salty about that meaning that I have to share. And saltier yet that they just bring their city with them if they can't hash it out in the sticks...

UK law loophole

If you're a Yorkshireman standing on the city walls on a Sunday and you happen to see a Scottish man, walking his pig. Then it's completely legal to shoot him dead with a bow and arrow.

You can also still be arrested for having less than 3 pence in money on your person

I'll be OK though as The going rate on edibles round here is 2 for £5

😂🤣🤣💷

Fudge

Fudge

Town Centers, yes that’s the word I was looking for. Popping up all over the area, traffic is becoming a nightmare in the mornings and evenings. The cop next door just told me about a forced entry 10 minutes away, 3 guys looking for weed. Shot one guy in the head who remains critical, shot his wife but she’s home already. Crime is slowly creeping our way. I won’t even shop in our area anymore, I drive another 15 minutes to another nicer section.
Sounds like most of the UK now, a world away from the small mining village I grew up in

beluga

beluga

UK law loophole

If you're a Yorkshireman standing on the city walls on a Sunday and you happen to see a Scottish man, walking his pig. Then it's completely legal to shoot him dead with a bow and arrow.

You can also still be arrested for having less than 3 pence in money on your person

I'll be OK though as The going rate on edibles round here is 2 for £5

😂🤣🤣💷
As a part Scot archer who wants a house/truffle pig... I'm getting a lot of mixed feelings here. 🤔

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Town Centers, yes that’s the word I was looking for. Popping up all over the area, traffic is becoming a nightmare in the mornings and evenings. The cop next door just told me about a forced entry 10 minutes away, 3 guys looking for weed. Shot one guy in the head who remains critical, shot his wife but she’s home already. Crime is slowly creeping our way. I won’t even shop in our area anymore, I drive another 15 minutes to another nicer section.
Someone invaded a home with a gun looking for pot???????????????

Huh.

Ironically, one way to get away from big corps is to live in a city. Unless you count gas stations, i really have no need to ever physically go to a company listed on a stock exchange. Nor do I ever really want to, except sometimes to home depot.

sshz

sshz

Well, 3 guys invaded a VERY NICE $1 million home looking for a bag of weed. It was all caught on home camera's. 3 black guys must of gotten wind the guy had something, but that's not proven yet. No video sound, black and white camera's but located inside and out of the house.

I have 7 houses on my street, all houses with a couple of acres. But I have a detective who lives across the street, a secret service guy 2 doors down, a miltary police guy across from him and a county judge at the corner. I feel pretty fortified down on my cul-de-sac.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Well, 3 guys invaded a VERY NICE $1 million home looking for a bag of weed. It was all caught on home camera's. 3 black guys must of gotten wind the guy had something, but that's not proven yet. No video sound, black and white camera's but located inside and out of the house.
Weird!

Vesti Bule

Vesti Bule

Where i live in the gulf islands of BC we have a governing body called the islands trust council. Its very cool in that it does not allow chain stores and multinational corporations to set up shop here. The local stores are all locally owned small businesses. No McDonalds or Subways to be found anywhere. Its like going back in time 80 years.

Im not sure how it was ever established but it protects the sovergn rights of the island inhabitants to make a living from each other within the community. And it really works well. On top of that it really highlights how toxic and parasitic those large corporations are in the sense that they just feed off of us and divert assets up to the shareholders rather than redistributing the wealth back into a community. Clear as day living here that there is a better way to do things, and it doesnt involve Walmart.
I love that.

What we need here in the States is a return to the cottage industry model of commerce, which is very much what you describe.

I seriously doubt, though, that the massive (toxic) corporations you note would permit their lobbying forces to let that slide on the level of actual legislation. Our working class is in a quite helpless state right now, and even formerly "stable" industries like mine have resolutely ossified into top-down authoritarian structures that capitalize (that is not a pun) on the labor of those at the lowest strata of the hierarchy.

I envy your situation.

Dwcmagic

Dwcmagic

I have 7 houses on my street, all houses with a couple of acres. But I have a detective who lives across the street, a secret service guy 2 doors down, a miltary police guy across from him and a county judge at the corner. I feel pretty fortified down on my cul-de-sac.
Pretty rural here in Ga. I have neighbors but i have trees in between me and them (which i grow weed in yearly lol). Now im trying out the indoors thing. I have a drunk lady that eats too many pills across the street, neighbor next door is mildly crazy and heavily armed, and then i have plenty of firearms anywhere i go in my house so i dont worry. If they wanna take 5 or 6 plants in exchange for their life then so be it.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Yeah, when I said $$$$, I did not mean ****.
I don't really touch the stuff... recently was gifted some Christmas weed and, sure enough - bad trip symptoms, irrational paranoias, shower in a fetal position anxiety... god damn smallpox blanket. The high was a'ight, what I could get out of it... fleeting, but leaving a lingering anxiety even the next day.
Of course, that could be variety, but it's more likely variety plus some poorly-grown and under-ripe end product.

I guess that's where my saltiness is coming from... my area has always been nicely varied and peppered with every demographic you can think of. Small poor cities, small rich cities, poor farmers, rich farmers, cookie cutter developments, sprawling estates, horses out the ass, tons of small business, pockets of convenient corporate bullshit...
Drive 20 minutes in any direction and you'll get a totally different demographic.
But with the influx of richer city folk, it's just pushing everyone down the line, deeper into the woods. What was low-income housing is now being sold and occupied by people well in the thick of the middle class. Low-income folks have to move out of their small city where they can't get transportation to their jobs, where there's no groceries, where they have no idea how to live because they've always lived in their small, low-income city.
It's pushing away the woods and the farms.
It's pushing away the character and community.
And it's bringing with it 'Town Centers'
The fucking scourge of the earth where people live in condo/market developments where their lobby or neighbor is x bullshit "upscale" restaurant. Or an REI. Or a Michael Kors...
Life and home in a shopping mall, so you don't have to go anywhere but your office that you drive to and from like a total twat so that you can fulfill your consumerist lifestyle while also being 'cultured' because you live in town far west of where anyone's ever heard of. You go on 'hikes' down a paved path which had 60% of its trees removed so you could get a better view of the now-mosquito-infested flood plains of a nearby river. You buy hummers and Gucci gore tex to brave the treacherous winters spent hiding in the confines of your home shopping mall.
Blegh... I could go on for hours about the absolute desolation that those places are for humankind. And how sickened I am that they're plaguing my home.

Mineral rights? Do any homeowners even have them anymore?

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Apparently everyone's moving out (to my area 😒) because, what better to show you that you don't need to live in a city than a pandemic?
Remote work? Check.
Not a sea of humans? Double check.
Not $5K/mo for a studio apartment? Big ol' check.
Philly weed is gonna be the 💰🤑💸💴
Apparently the regulations that they're having growers go through to get weed to medical dispensaries is nuts.
No outdoors allowed.
No mold/disease whatsoever - compromised crops must be destroyed (can't make extracts, etc.). And they test it for mold post-harvest and after packaging.
I think they even scrutinize the packaging.
Some crazy interstate tax shit that I didn't read into.
Licenses for in-state grows are $200K and $10K/year - not to mention insanely regulated and restricted. Which many growers are like, "that's the least of my concerns."

Iunno. Sounds nuts. But... back to the main point, NYC will probably see itself as less of a consumerist mecca thanks to ol' covy.

200k a fuckin year? How many plants do i get to grow for this "200k"?

There goes my fuckin dreams right down the fuckin toilet...

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

10K a year with a 200k buy in it sounded like. Sounds like an exclusive country club membership lol.

But yeah its become nearly impossible to get into the legal side of growing pot for commercial sale in Canada too, unless you have massively deep pockets.

Dwcmagic

Dwcmagic

10K a year with a 200k buy in it sounded like. Sounds like an exclusive country club membership lol.

But yeah its become nearly impossible to get into the legal side of growing pot for commercial sale in Canada too, unless you have massively deep pockets.
I make my money by growimg my own. I dont sell it, but i aint gotta buy any either. And suits just aint for me.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Funny too is that most of what ive seen in co dispensaries, me and a friend grow better erb...this is crazy....i knew there was a catch to this...fuckin rich get richer...they say its the law of the land....i say fuck them...

Hey uncle sam you can take my citizenship and tied it around your neck and the fuckin tree and drop...snap!

Last edited:
beluga

beluga

Mineral rights? Do any homeowners even have them anymore?
I'm guessing kinda yes, but they are easily taken away with the right lawyer.

Yeah, 200k buy in. 10k/yr.
From what I hear, you can grow as many plants as will fit on your licensed area.
Out west it's much more hospitable... as of now... with buy-ins well below 10k and negligible annual renewal fees... from what I hear.

Craft farming is the silver lining if your state or jurisdiction has certain cottage laws in place. Although, I'm guessing the ones that legalized do not have those and are waiting to pull the plug on a bunch of small farmers...

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Funny too is that most of what ive seen in co dispensaries, me and a friend grow better erb...this is crazy....i knew there was a catch to this...fuckin rich get richer...they say its the law of the land....i say fuck them...

Hey uncle sam you can take citizenship and tied it around your neck and the fuckin tree...snap!

Agreed. Im still yet to buy legal weed and hopefully never will. But from what ive heard from some locals, the best they have in the legal dispensary is a far distant second to anything available on the black market.

Thats what happens when you over regulate and mass produce anything with the goal of profit in mind i suppose.

amekins

amekins

Making gummies tonight... tried a bit differently and it made the time to work with them much better. I bloomed the gelatin 3packs into 125ml of cold water that had 1/2tsp of sunflower lecthin mixed in.

Then heated my 1/2 cup infused coconut oil and added the jello pack to just the oil and mixed... it stayed clear lol and I was like wtf is this a dudd box with no color. Mixed it in well then added the solidified bloomed gelatin with lecthin added. As it melted the mix turned purple so I think it just doesn't mix with the oil well. Stirred until everything blended well maybe 30sec to a min tops.

This gave me a lot more time to fill the molds from now on I will cold bloom my gelatin.

In fact in the near future I gwill likely switch to agar since gelatin melting point is around 90-100f and agar is around 185f.

@amekins can you be a doll and toss this clueless baker some insight on that?

Also pics to come once they are done solidifying as I literally just finished em.
My experiments today with agar agar powder. I tested with 8 g, 15 g, and 24 g. 8 grams was beautiful to work with but didn’t firm up enough. 24 g I could not get to combine with the rest. 15 g needed some serious whisking but came together. Plenty of working time because it’s this like paste/gel more than gelatin. I personally don’t like the mouth feel but I’m leaving them on a baking rack for a days to dry out. @Aqua Man will be doing some more testing I’m sure and that is likely to yield improvements.

Vegan Gummies
60 g water
60 g infused coconut oil
15 g agar agar powder
100 g sugar
1 packet unsweetened koolaid

Combine all and whisk over low heat in sauce pan until at a rolling boil throughout mixture. Continue whisking and cooking for 1-2 minutes and pour into molds. Refrigerate for half an hour and unmold.

Using corn syrup may change texture. Flavorings can be concentrated fruit juice, loranns, koolaid, etc.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Agreed. Im still yet to buy legal weed and hopefully never will. But from what ive heard from some locals, the best they have in the legal dispensary is a far distant second to anything available on the black market.

Thats what happens when you over regulate and mass produce anything with the goal of profit in mind i suppose.
Yeah, i think it is good that the way they are trying to grow weed is so awful. Even with good genetics....it's laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom