• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
None... but the grow style fits me.... im a water guy. Originally RDWC then did soil now coco and will be staying in coco... just to easy and versatile
Since you're flushing the coco before each feed, how much extra nutrients do you go through?

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Nothing wrong with that. I use rockwool on all my big grows. 150+ plants a harvest. But for my small i used soil and it turned out really really well. So i want to see if coco i get more weight or better terp profile. Same strain different media. You just doing mothers or you have a harvest setup with coco?

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Done, and ordered, wow so easy too, then opens up the door to vape too. Thanks very much
View attachment 1079081
This is an acceptable method, but with a caveat, I think. It's also a very cost effective method, although I do highly recommend using a product such as you have, or always above 90%, not the 30%, 50% or 70% versions. Here's the caveat, you must, MUST get it all out. It need's to get all of the iso out of there, I've done 30-50 lbs. bags full of fans/trim and whatnot with this method, and it works well. The key is in the drying portion, make it as pure as possible.

But, I do think coconut oil is far superior in many ways.

Coconutoil 2
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
It will taste better if you make it out of rso rather than coconut oil.

I don't agree, but it's all preference, I suppose. I think it might matter on what exactly your using it for, I think. It certainly gets it down more pure, (smaller portion, less matter) but it seems to also "extract" or strip much more of the "non cannabinoid" components as well, so I think RSO has more impurity in some respect.

However, both are good methods, no doubt.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Nothing wrong with that. I use rockwool on all my big grows. 150+ plants a harvest. But for my small i used soil and it turned out really really well. So i want to see if coco i get more weight or better terp profile. Same strain different media. You just doing mothers or you have a harvest setup with coco?
Mothers in soil. After this SOG in 1 gal coco start to finish

Fudge

Fudge

This is an acceptable method, but with a caveat, I think. It's also a very cost effective method, although I do highly recommend using a product such as you have, or always above 90%, not the 30%, 50% or 70% versions. Here's the caveat, you must, MUST get it all out. It need's to get all of the iso out of there, I've done 30-50 lbs. bags full of fans/trim and whatnot with this method, and it works well. The key is in the drying portion, make it as pure as possible.

But, I do think coconut oil is far superior in many ways.
I'm. Going to try and sort of distill it if possible and reclaim the alcohol during the "dry". I'll be making butter still as well as coconut oil. I like the versatility of them for different methods od consumption. I can see me virtually smoking no actual flower at some point, at least with no carcinogens.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I don't agree, but it's all preference, I suppose. I think it might matter on what exactly your using it for, I think.
Fair enough. I have the taste of coconut. I find it revolting so when I made stuff with that it was inedible. I made some cookies with some rso and I tasted it a bit but honestly I liked the taste.
I also just thought since rso is much more potent, you wouldn't need to add as much so there would be less taste.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Not gonna lie quite a bit more that soil or RDWC. But I use dry ferts so it's not bad.
Any that you can recommend?
I expect I will run out of mine after this run and I'm looking for a different brand. Not that I don't like gh but I just want to try something new.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Not gonna lie quite a bit more that soil or RDWC. But I use dry ferts so it's not bad.
I think this is a good approach actually, I've been doing much more flushes lately, and using a lot more yukka with 10% sapotin, and it does wonders, I've even added a small amount of it into my foliar feedings.

I really think it's best to "clean out" every now and again. If you live in Seattle like I do, you notice how green and lush everything is here, and it rains like 200+ days a year, doing exactly that, naturally. Even more so at my property, were I have 200 foot tall trees, 20 foot round, it rains almost 275 days a year up there. aka, It's removing toxins, because plants don't have an anus...

it's a highly overlooked natural (maintenance) process, that we neglect in indoor growing. In many respects its similar to air flow and co2, it has to do with flow dynamics, and things like surface tensions, ionic charges, at a nano level.

H20 is the single most marvelous molecule in the universe. NO other molecule comes close.

AppearanceWhite crystalline solid, almost colorless liquid with a hint of blue, colorless gas
OdorNone
DensityLiquid: 0.9998396 g/mL at 0 °C 0.9970474 g/mL at 25 °C 0.961893 g/mL at 95 °C Solid: 0.9167 g/ml at 0 °C
Melting point0.00 °C (32.00 °F; 273.15 K)

1920px Anomalous expansion of water Summer Winter
1280px Density of ice and water en
Heat of Vaporization Water
Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It after the next grow im going to do organic nutes and amendments in coco. Terp tea and scratch it in so water only. This will cut nutes a lot and because organic or faux organic i will not water with runoff. It will be much different approach than with synthetic where we need runoff. Probably only 1 run of that as I anticipate some issues with organic in 1 gal pots.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Ahh yes, it was vile, I struggled to swallow it. VERY strong taste, texture was hard to pallet too. I was mashed, but I'd rather eat raw brownie mix lol. I need to experiment a bit as my son had his on toast and said it was better than just eating it by the spoon

IMG 20210113 201231024

Om nom peanut butter fudge nom. Made with grapeseed oil

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Any that you can recommend?
I expect I will run out of mine after this run and I'm looking for a different brand. Not that I don't like gh but I just want to try something new.
Currently using mega crop 2 part. Jacks is good... there are many. These look good and was given to me today. Volumes are high and the prices are good. They also look very good.

I will be using mega crop for some time as I have a fair bit of it.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
silicone bread pan silly, welcome to the 21 century. no need for oil/butter pan anymore, and virtually nothing, not even thc will stick to it.

that's what I also use to remove husk from seeds, and sorting seeds from flower, it works very well. a highly hydrophilic/lipophilic surface.

But nothing beats pyrex for crispyness.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Currently using mega crop 2 part. Jacks is good... there are many. These look good and was given to me today. Volumes are high and the prices are good. They also look very good.

I will be using mega crop for some time as I have a fair bit of it.
If I remember this when I run out, I'll go with one of those. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom