• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I'll make it down the tonight maybe.. if not tomorrow... I swear I'm so lazy its unreal... been averaging like 4 hrs of sleep and just can't get motivated lol.... constant daze of being tired... come to think of it ever since I ran out of edibles... maybe I'm gonna do some gummies tonight.
Continuing to function at all as a human being on four hours of sleep is not lazy.

Imo.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

lol, the happy frog is the lower fertilizer. It's only good for germination and seedlings. The ocean forest is better but not for seedlings. to hot
Yeah but I can say it sure ain't worth the money... promix will be what I do moms in after this. Much easier to work with and I dont remember clay chunks and sticks being desirable. Idk maybe just me but ill never buy it again.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Will note that I hate this FF happy frog... shit holds a lot of water and has fuck all for nutes. Even after 1 week I had to start feeding.

happy frog is fox farm’s budget soil. Ocean forest is their premium soil. Even when i mixed them the results were much worse than of alone.

Thats why happy frog is innoculated with myco. Not enough organic input to sustain by itself. Of needs no help.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Also cake n chem is close enough to chop so its coming down in a day or 2. Oven dried bud tested last night and im pleased with it. The blueberry dragon cheese is not to far behind... maybe another week. The gelato.... not a single orange pistil yet.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Yeah but I can say it sure ain't worth the money... promix will be what I do moms in after this. Much easier to work with and I dont remember clay chunks and sticks being desirable. Idk maybe just me but ill never buy it again.
exactly promix is what i use as well. Particularly the HP version. I strictly work with my MC and find it easier when the soil has no fertz

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Also cake n chem is close enough to chop so its coming down in a day or 2. Oven dried bud tested last night and im pleased with it. The blueberry dragon cheese is not to far behind... maybe another week. The gelato.... not a single orange pistil yet.
NICE!!! congratulations on the harvest. I dropped three seeds in glass of water yesterday. Cinderella G13, Dos Si Dos and blueberry cheez from barneys farm. they will be goin in promix hp as mother plants

Anthem

Anthem

lol, the happy frog is the lower fertilizer. It's only good for germination and seedlings. The ocean forest is better but not for seedlings. to hot
I must have heard of Fox Farms Ocean Forest being hot like a hundred different times, but I must have started at least 400 clones in Fox Farms Ocean Forest and never a single sign of it being to hot. I am starting to wonder if they have different production sites thru out North America

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I must have heard of Fox Farms Ocean Forest being hot like a hundred different times, but I must have started at least 400 clones in Fox Farms Ocean Forest and never a single sign of it being to hot. I am starting to wonder if they have different production sites thru out North America
I believe they do. IIRC they produce the soil regionally, so it's likely to have more localized flora and whatnot. Of course, with such a production landscape, you will run into variations in end product from region to region. I simply won't run em because of notorious gnat issues. Never opened a bag without a swarm of the bastards clouding me out.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

they have 2 i know of. Cali and north carolina i think. But the reports of of being hot are really from overwatering mostly. I have started 100’s of seed plants with fantastic results.

Anthem

Anthem

they have 2 i know of. Cali and north carolina i think. But the reports of of being hot are really from overwatering mostly. I have started 100’s of seed plants with fantastic results.
If I was a guessing or betting man I would say you being in MI and myself in CA we have seen product from both of those production sites so the over water thing is getting traction from me. Honestly, I think the Fungal Gnat thing is just a problem with just about any production soil. I want to say the soil needs to cook at like 140 degrees to kill off those little bastards. Pond Scum, Pure Crop1 and nematodes are a mans best friends when dealing with those little critters. Oh and yellow stick traps, you would be surprised how many of them are around before you realize it.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I believe they do. IIRC they produce the soil regionally, so it's likely to have more localized flora and whatnot. Of course, with such a production landscape, you will run into variations in end product from region to region. I simply won't run em because of notorious gnat issues. Never opened a bag without a swarm of the bastards clouding me out.

Only a wet bag could have live gnats. I have never seen any gnats come from ocean forest i bought. But i have seen plenty poorly stored.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

If I was a guessing or betting man I would say you being in MI and myself in CA we have seen product from both of those production sites so the over water thing is getting traction from me. Honestly, I think the Fungal Gnat thing is just a problem with just about any production soil. I want to say the soil needs to cook at like 140 degrees to kill off those little bastards. Pond Scum, Pure Crop1 and nematodes are a mans best friends when dealing with those little critters. Oh and yellow stick traps, you would be surprised how many of them are around before you realize it.

i only see gnats when my room is too crowded or too wet. A bit of attention to more dry cycle and they disappear.

The “gnats” i thought i had a lot of were actually root aphid flyers. Which also did not come from ocean forest but a local soil made here called potters gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom