• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
you are pretty old school but you are the first to not challenge me on baked edibles not needing decarb. Although im sure not all thc converts from my reading.
No i totally agree with you on that. Most baking happens around 3-350f and the thc will decarb once it starts going over 220 or so. Ive done a TON of baking with raw bubblehash and never had to decarb it before baking with it. And we were lab testing the final product as well.

But decarbing the extract is still more efficient on the large scale to just add to stuff. And double decarb wont kill it, but it will dull the effect if its done too hot for too long.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Whatever I'm doing, I just look at that graph made 40 years ago that displays how to decarb. 25 minutes at 225.
30 years ago*

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

No i totally agree with you on that. Most baking happens around 3-350f and the thc will decarb once it starts going over 220 or so. Ive done a TON of baking with raw bubblehash and never had to decarb it before baking with it. And we were lab testing the final product as well.

But decarbing the extract is still more efficient on the large scale to just add to stuff. And double decarb wont kill it, but it will dull the effect if its done too hot for too long.

we end up with so much extra close trim and small and loose buds we dont mind using so much. I really should find a blaster and make bho out of it but i dont dab or really know anyone in the market for it.

I quit cooking down drugs with coke 20 years ago. ;-)

amekins

amekins

maybe because i dont decarb my weed in an oven first the terpenes remain intact and that is why the edibles are so strong and long lasting with potentially less thc converted. Almost no one will try a second muffin. Only our smaller candies.
I think you all believe that because you’re used to terpenes burning off smoking, you think the same happens in an edible. Most of the time, temps aren’t high enough in baking and some candy production to burn those off. A loaf of bread is done at 208 F. THCa decarbs to THC around 220-240 F. Lots of compounds exist in liquid form (think vanilla extract) when raw and though evaporation of the liquid has occurred, the chemical compounds of the essence, or terpenes, remain in the finished baked/cooked food. Does that make sense?

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
we end up with so much extra close trim and small and loose buds we dont mind using so much. I really should find a blaster and make bho out of it but i dont dab or really know anyone in the market for it.

I quit cooking down drugs with coke 20 years ago. ;-)
Dont need a blaster for edibles. Numerous other ways to get the goodies out!

Last edited:
Moshmen

Moshmen

Making 300 gummies out of only an ounce Leads me to believe that they're not near as potent as the three cookies I Consumed It turned me into a Dummy sprawled out across my basement floors So do you become a dummy if you eat these gummies How many gummies does it take to make you a dummy ? I mean I make my own damn so It's not like I'm a lightweight Although I don't really enjoy the buzz off of Pure dab How much Rather would Mix it back with High-quality hash I also make Turning already deliciously good hash Into super hash , Without any Kryptonite Insight , Just top-notch Trichomes
Lots of variables with edibles - human metabolism is a big one, everyone’s different I can eat 4-500 mg’s no problem of most edibles -

Bdmack

Bdmack

How the heck did this journal get to 95 pages in just a few months... I'm out of the loop and need to catch up.

Are you still running mega crop or did you run out. I recall you thinking of trying Jacks... what base nutes you currently running?

What pump did you end up going with?
I found this thread a couple days ago and am still working through it. Good shit in here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom