Archive Seeds "Light Speed".......

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
the rrock

the rrock

Awesome grow, I appreciate your attention to detail how you explain things, I’m updating some lights and your info helps.Cant wait to here smoke report on LS I’ve got some going outdoors

sshz

sshz

Thanks buddy......... I actually bought a resin screen device off of Ebay to scrape hash off the trimmings this time. I have high hopes for the strain. It probably doesn't have enough indica in it for my liking but if the THC content is high enough, it won't matter. I'll touch on it more later on, but I kept the fertilizer rates lower than normal, including the Cal/Mag and I think they appreciated it. Even though they've been getting 1-4-5 Pure Blend Pro (low N) for 2+ weeks, they've stayed nicely green top to bottom.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

sshz you may have already mentioned it but how many watts of LED are you running, I think your running 2k HPS, where are you going to be compared to that.

sshz

sshz

The Gravita's draw 642 watts from the wall.......so, 1284 watts total. I ran the HPS at "super" normally, so they were 1100 watts each. My main reason for switching is to get a better handle on the heat in the room, especially in the summer months. Also, the issue with HPS is you are producing a lot of light that is not usable by the plants. Mostly all the light produced by the LED's is, so they are much more efficient- you shouldn't have to use the same wattage using LED's to get equal results.

I also see plants will often finish earlier using LED's which means I may go another week extra in veg than normal.........

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

Do you have the 1650e's or 1700e's ? And how big of an area do you plan on covering with the 2 of them ? I've been looking at them for awhile for really the same reason heat and power, I seen first hand testing that they produced stronger THC etc under equal setups with HPS and I seen youtube vid, last night that showed the same thing. but my god their pricey like 17-1800 hundred up here. Glad to see you doing a review on them, it will be fair and honest.

sshz

sshz

Light Speed is nearly done.....

IMG 1738

sshz

sshz

Today is day 56 in flowering, Archive says the Light Speed plants should be done between 60-70 days. They are spot on right, opposed to many breeders who aren't truthful about finishing times. I was in the room today, with a molasses watering a little while ago and boy, these look done. The magnifying device shows everything is cloudy, no clear or amber just yet. Seed Bank Hall of Fame grower "Soma" used to say, "when you think they are done, give them another week". It's advice to live by!

The LemonOG Haze X Cookies are still a bit behind, and there's some variation in the room as some are more done than others. I think the plan right now is to chop the Light Speed on Thursday ( a forecasted 90 degree day here in the mid-Atlantic) or Friday, and the Lemon OG on Sunday at 9 weeks. The Iris Seed "Orange Gasm" is started under the LED's, check out that thread if you haven't already as I'll be moving over to there full time shortly.

Expect a final smoke report on the Light Speed, which I'm excited about. I haven't smoked in weeks and weeks now. Maybe a vape bag instead of bong hits, we'll see. I'll post a final smoke report and weights in a few weeks, along with some closing pic's and comments.

sshz

sshz

So, tomorrow is the day for these to be cut- day 60 in flowering. They look great and are loaded thickly with resin. They are also putting off a stank that is over powering everything else that is growing right now. 15 plants will take me most of the day, as the buds aren't particularly large but there are loads of branches. Pic's up tomorrow.

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
Anyone know anything about Katsu Seeds? Someone just sent me 4 packs of their "Sour Bubba", which is ECSD X Bubba and a couple extra packs of their "Dracarys", which is GG #4 X Bubba. I know he specializes is Bubba Kush, his is supposed to be one of the best out there, but I know nothing about the quality of his hybrids. Nor can I find much about it in my searches.

Dracarys is straight fire 🔥

Brother katsu is not a breeder, but a pollen chucker working with elite genetics (90% of all "breeders").

I'll have 2-3 phenos of Dracarys" hand picked by my buddy, picking up clones in a week or so.

Most phenos are a straight gas/diesel funk with a hint of chocolate from the bubba.

Cheers

sshz

sshz

I bought and have 2 of Katsu's strains, his Bubba X GG #4 and his Bubba X Sour Diesel. I had my reasons for not growing them out this time, mainly a question of yield. I spoke with him over at ICMag not long ago and we reviewed both strains. I'll get to them, just not yet. Nice guy either way, very approachable and he responds in a timely manner.

And with that, I chopped the 15 Light Speed's today at day 61 after leaving them in complete darkness for 48+ hours. They took me a little over 7 hours to chop. I did do a little scissor resin bowl in the morning and I was impressed- strong with great flavors. The yield also looks better than I thought- I figured maybe 1 1/2 oz per plant before, now I think I have that beat. There wasn't any waste off the plants, everything was nicely finished. I'm figuring between 26 and 28 oz total. Very stinky shit so be prepared, especially the last few weeks.

I will also mention I saw NO male flowers or pods, nor any seeds on any of the plants. It appears to be a very stable strain. Final weights and a smoke report up in about 10 days.

The LemonOG Haze X Cookies is getting close, and I'll probably cut those on Sunday. I need to look at the trichomes and make a new evaluation on the timeliness. 9 of!those going, very high yield is evident.

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Dracarys is straight fire 🔥

Brother katsu is not a breeder, but a pollen chucker working with elite genetics (90% of all "breeders").

I'll have 2-3 phenos of Dracarys" hand picked by my buddy, picking up clones in a week or so.

Most phenos are a straight gas/diesel funk with a hint of chocolate from the bubba.

Cheers
I have Dracarys growing and am very excited to try it! It is the strongest smelling and frosty AF. It doesn't look like it will yield as much as my other plants but I think I will like it the most lol. Here is a picture at 4.5 weeks and the whole plant pic is about a week before.
20200605 222022
20200605 221940

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Congratulations on another successful harvest brother! I am happy to hear that you were pleasantly surprised by the Light Speed. You continuously fucking knock it out of the park. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

sshz

sshz

Katsu told me the Dracary's will yield a little better than the Sour Bubba, but I think both are average or slightly above average yielders. I know the Sour Bubba puts off a lot of branches and gets a bit unmanageable. I think the Dracarys grows a bit more like the GG #4. I'm looking for heavy yielders right now as everyone is home and smoking up a storm so demand is very, very high and I want to take advantage while I can.

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
Katsu told me the Dracary's will yield a little better than the Sour Bubba, but I think both are average or slightly above average yielders. I know the Sour Bubba puts off a lot of branches and gets a bit unmanageable. I think the Dracarys grows a bit more like the GG #4. I'm looking for heavy yielders right now as everyone is home and smoking up a storm so demand is very, very high and I want to take advantage while I can.

Yup, brother katsu is correct.

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

The phenotype I have growing is an indica leaner. Its the shortest of the plants I have growing right now. I will mainline it next time. I basically LST it and topped it once. Then I fimmed the two tallest branches so the others would catch up right before flipping. Can't wait to chop her!

sshz

sshz

I'm happy to give an early smoke report.......this afternoon I cut the tiniest of buds of the Light Speed, a little piece way up the branch. Even though it was small, it was still a bit wet- maybe 1/2 way there after 4 days drying. I put it in a glass pipe and pulled a few hits. The initial effects were immediate, I felt it right away (I haven't smoke it weeks). It tasted exactly how it smelled- hard to describe (almost "kushy") but you know it's dank. Mostly in the head at first, it put me out me out for a nap within 40 minutes. I was buzzed most of the afternoon. I can't imagine what 1/2 a joint would do to me. Make no mistake about it- this is very good smoke. I can't wait for it to dry properly and cure for a few weeks.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I'm happy to give an early smoke report.......this afternoon I cut the tiniest of buds of the Light Speed, a little piece way up the branch. Even though it was small, it was still a bit wet- maybe 1/2 way there after 4 days drying. I put it in a glass pipe and pulled a few hits. The initial effects were immediate, I felt it right away (I haven't smoke it weeks). It tasted exactly how it smelled- hard to describe (almost "kushy") but you know it's dank. Mostly in the head at first, it put me out me out for a nap within 40 minutes. I was buzzed most of the afternoon. I can't imagine what 1/2 a joint would do to me. Make no mistake about it- this is very good smoke. I can't wait for it to dry properly and cure for a few weeks.
Looks stellar brotha. Thanks for the vivid smoke report. I could almost taste it. This NF-1 is fire I got over here. Happy grows.
Burnz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom