Archive Seeds "Light Speed".......

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dbear180

Dbear180

Which one do you like the best? I bought some dead bug brew for my vegetable and blackberries this season. I used Monterey I believe last time. Seems to work. Wish it would kill off these damn honeydew ants!

Pretty sure I used Monterey as well. Try smearing vaseline on the stem might help slow them down climbing it

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Pretty sure I used Monterey as well. Try smearing vaseline on the stem might help slow them down climbing it
First time I have heard of the vaseline trick. I too battle bugs non stop. Seems every year its a new foe winning the battle. Last season was squash bugs killed my watermelon vines RIGHT BEFORE they were ripe. Frustrating.

sshz

sshz

You don't need vaseline....there's a product called "Tree Tanglefoot" that is super sticky and does not dry out and does a great job as a bug barrier. I'm not sure how plant stems will react over time to the petroleum in the vaseline, the tanglefoot is made specifically for this purpose for plants and trees.

Dbear180

Dbear180

You don't need vaseline....there's a product called "Tree Tanglefoot" that is super sticky and does not dry out and does a great job as a bug barrier. I'm not sure how plant stems will react over time to the petroleum in the vaseline, the tanglefoot is made specifically for this purpose for plants and trees.

Dude I was trying to remember the name of that stuff for hours! Thank you! Tangle foot would be better I 100% agree 👍

sshz

sshz

I still have a tub of it in the garage, it's probably lasted me 10 years. I had to go find it to remember the name. LOL

sshz

sshz

Actually after researching it, petroleum jelly is fine for plants stalks, just not leaves. See below:

Vaseline can help you if you want to discourage insects climbing up on plants and trees in your garden, especially ants that are notorious for their aphid and mealybug farming. Paint a thick band like Vaseline layer around the tree trunk, stem, or plant stalk.

Dbear180

Dbear180

Actually after researching it, petroleum jelly is fine for plants stalks, just not leaves. See below:

Vaseline can help you if you want to discourage insects climbing up on plants and trees in your garden, especially ants that are notorious for their aphid and mealybug farming. Paint a thick band like Vaseline layer around the tree trunk, stem, or plant stalk.

Nice I knew I had read it somewhere before but I'm not one to jump behind & defend things I dont personally do myself lol. Still agree with the tanglefoot tho 👍

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Why TF haven't I heard of that?!! I've been trying to battle these bastards for years. I think I will try BOTH and see which works better. HA! Thanks for the info!

sshz

sshz

5 weeks finished in flowering now, no more than 5 more weeks to go. But it was an interesting week as I accidentally left my Big Blue Ozone machine on 1 night without running the fan (and airflow) thru it. So instead of exhausting out, the ozone built up in the room over a 12 hour period. I knew it as soon as I opened the door the next morning. It warped some of the larger fan leaves on plants to the center of the room. They remain green, just distorted. It took me a day to figure it, as everything was zooming along normally and looking great.

Otherwise, I don't think it will have any impact in the end. The smell has gone off the hook, maybe an 8/10 and building, which was why I've been running Big Blue anyway. The LemonOG Haze are behind about a week (from the Light Speed) which can be expected since they are bigger plants with heavier yields. I expect the L.S. to probably be done at around 65 days, the LemonOG wil take 70-77 days.

I'll get a pic up later today when I have a chance....... and want to show off the Dragon's Flame which is still inside but starting to bud- I still can't make up my mind if I want them outside or not.

Last edited:
sshz

sshz

Since the ozone leaf burn, I haven't posted as there doesn't seem any interest anymore. Here's a pick of the "Light Speed" from this morning, day 48 in flowering. These have been separated from the LemonOG Haze X Cookies which are in a different room. I just bought 2 Gavita Pro 1700e LED's, supposedly the best on the market at around $1400 a piece for a 3rd room. Check them out on Gavita's website, I'll be putting the room together this weekend and should have some pic's up by Sunday night.

The Light Speed (15 of them) should be done around day 65, they look great, loads of resin and very stinky. Yield is average at best though.

IMG 0085

sshz

sshz

So you know, these plants are in a totally different room now, under 2 600 watt HPS’s...........15 plants jammed in here. The LemonOG’s I left where they were and the new led’s are being set up in a 3rd room, the largest of the 3 rooms. I’ll be up and going in the new room with the Irie “Orange Gasm” by Monday or a Tuesday. I’ve been busy with other things lately, posting has become more of a chore so I’ve been doing it less. Hopefully some time opens up to keep everyone up to date.

sshz

sshz

The new room, photo taken by pano so it looks a bit distorted. The lights are bright a F***, the special sunglasses help immensely. This room is slightly bigger than my old room and I need to move into here to accommodate the two 44 inch X 43 inch LED's.........

sshz

sshz

I'm still planning out the exhaust system, as I will need to use some of the equipment from the old room, i.e. Big Blue Ozone machine..........and lay the tarp, figure out the electricity, etc........but the harder work is done. I've revised downward the finishing time of the Light Speed and LemonOG- I was figuring 10 weeks, but it will be closer to 9 weeks I'm figuring. I've been running the LemonOG at 10-14 On-Off because they weren't finished at 70 days last time I grew them and I wanted them done more to improve the quality (yield was very good though).

sshz

sshz

I’m talking to a guy on icmag who’s using the 1650e’s and testing a new strain.......he did 6 plants in a 4 X 4 area in 1/2 gallon pots (lol) and had many issues and still managed to get 10 oz on an average yielding strain. He claimed it was a superior product in the end. The Orange Gasm yields really well so we’ll see......the room should be up and running mid week if I’m up to the work on Monday/Tuesday. I’d like to be past it before harvest time arrives as I’m busy as shit those 3-4 days with chopping and cleaning. I’ll also be making hash this time too, something I haven’t bothered with the last 4-5 crops.

Last edited:
sshz

sshz

Just a quick update on what's been going on..........

So I have 2 rooms running, 1 with the Light Speed and the other with the Ethos LemonOG Haze X Cookies. The Light Speed looks terrific, not a great yielder but everything is covered in thick resin and the smell is deep and strong. The LemonOG I've been running at 10-14 On/Off as it was behind and I wanted it done around the same time. It's finally catching up to the Light Speed and the yield, like last time, looks solid. The Ozone burn affected this strain much more than the L.S., probably because they were taller and closer to the Big Blue Ozone device.

The plan right now is to cut everything at 9 weeks, give or take a day or two- which puts me at next Sunday, June 7th. That's a week earlier than initially planned. I've been thru both rooms to defoliate and let more light reach further down towards the bottom. I've greatly reduced the fertilizer levels, and starting Sunday will mostly use some tea's and molasses to finish them up. Last 2-3 days I use Clearex to do a mild flush of the remaining salts.

On to the Irie "Orange Gasm".......the room is almost completed, I'm just waiting for the replacement bulbs for the Ozone machine (here tomorrow) to finish the exhaust system and I'm ready to go. I'll mix the dirt up on Saturday, seeds will be planted on Sunday. I've done a lot of reading regarding the LED's......It appears these lights should be around 4 ft. above the plants to start, lowered to 3 feet around week 3 and 18 inches above the plants in flowering. They do make an additional controller to reduce the LED's up to 50%- so you don't have to raise and lower them but it would be another $400+ for both lights which I'm not ready to spend. So the lights are set up for an easy raise and lowering when needed. So less watering, reduced ppm on the fertilizer and 40% less heat and it's better spread out thru the room.

I've seen some Youtube grows where plants have grown thru the 8 bars (LED runs on the fixture) and they weren't harmed. I'll pinch the Orange Gasm once around day 20-22 to control the height of the main stalk and spread the hormones so there's an even canopy. Pic's up over the weekend after a final cleaning and testing, and the pots and seeds are in their final position. I'll also using netting this time to keep the plants from leaning, no more stakes.

sshz

sshz

I see Irie Seeds thru in an extra seed per pack on the Orange Gasm, a nice surprise. I started 28 seeds, hoping for 24 to sprout and it left me an extra pack for the future. The new room is finished being set up, just need to do the dirt work tomorrow and plant the seeds. Pic's up tomorrow.......

sshz

sshz

As this thread winds down, I wanted to start a new thread with the Orange Gasm.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom