Archive Seeds "Light Speed".......

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
shaganja

shaganja

Unhappy to say I've been forced to help almost all of the baby's out if their shells........after every one popped, I put them in well watered Pro-mix and have been waiting for them to peak out of the dirt. It's been a battle, all but 2 are out now but I've been forced to help them along, removing the split shell which refuses to fall, dig out and re-seattle them, etc. This normally has to do with seed vigor, so I can't say I'm pleased at this point. I'm glad I started these early, to get passed these issues early on.......I also started a few of the LemonOG Kush X Cookies if I need to replace a few, just in case.
yes, such touchy work. taking the root, and flipping it upside down, because was growing backwards! jeez....such delecate work.

sshz

sshz

Nope, you misunderstood and with an attitude yet.......they couldn't shed their shell after they popped thru the dirt. So they were growing with their shell still on. They were NOT GROWING UPSIDE DOWN I thought I was pretty clear.

shaganja

shaganja

Nope, you misunderstood and with an attitude yet.......they couldn't shed their shell after they popped thru the dirt. So they were growing with their shell still on. They were NOT GROWING UPSIDE DOWN I thought I was pretty clear.
ok........sorryyyyyyy.......burn one dude.

sshz

sshz

Tonight I'll make my 1st application of PureCrop1. I've talked a lot about this stuff over at RIU in many of my threads. I was given a sample by the distributor about 3-4 years ago, and have been using it ever since. At the bottom is a write up about it, I have used it mainly for mites, but I've found the plants are just healthier overall with a few applications. It uses nanotechnology (whatever that is) and although it is oil based, it's much different than other oil based products. I won't try to explain it here, but go to their website for more info: https://www.purecrop1.com/. I spray at night, about an hour after lights go out to be sure the room and plants are cool. I will add it's not cheap, $45 approx. for the bottle below but well worth it in results:

IMG 1175

Here is part of a write up I found:

"This ground-breaking insecticide and fungicide uses food grade oils, organic acid and plant-based materials that are blended into colloidal micelles (also described as nano supramolecular surfactant). These micelles attract larger solid particles and then encapsulate them. This encapsulating process allows PureCrop1 to rapidly activate, spread and maintain its efficacy long-term, while boosting brix and plant health in general.

1. Insect Control - PureCrop 1 will eliminate sap-sucking insects in 2 ways: it dissolves the body membrane and interferes with digest enzymes in the gut (which makes them unable to process food). The particular enzymes affected are not found in beneficial insects, so PureCrop1 can be used in conjunction with beneficials.
  2. Disease Control - PureCrop 1 will destroy molds and mildews by lifting them from the surface and washing them away. It will completely biodegrade the pathogens and leave a healthy plant surface inhospitable to further disease growth.
  3. Plant Health - PureCrop 1 will give you healthier, more robust plants through more efficient nutrition uptake. This is due to the unique nanotechnology of this product. The micelles are able to carry the fatty acids needed to process soluble and insoluble nutrients directly to the phloem and xylem of the plant, where it can get right to work. Quick nutrition means faster root development, quick foliar growth and timely ripening.
Suggested Uses: For use to control insect pests, mold and mildew on food and non-food crops grown indoors or outdoors.

This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Spider Mites (Tetranychidae), Broad Mites (Polyphagotarsonemus latus), Russet Mites (Aceria anthocoptes), Aphids (Aphidoidea), Thrips (Thysanoptera), Whiteflies (Aleyrodidae), Leafhoppers (Empoasca sp.), Botrytis (Botrytis cinerea), Fusarium, Wilt, Downy Mildew and Powdery Mildew.

sshz

sshz

Thanks RRock........I have high hopes for these ladies. Wondering what the time frame is for these outside- I imagine it's late in Oct (or later) with loads of sativa genetics in them.

I have decided to do the Katsu Seeds "Sour Bubba" next crop after seeing this pic below someone posted a while back on another site.

Katsu seeds sour bubba 450x582

sshz

sshz

LOL.....I was doing a google search tonight and on this page I noticed most of the pic's look familiar- they should, most in the 1st seven rows are mine. They include Industrial Plant by Dinafem (a N.L. hybrid), Mohan Ram by Sweet Seeds, Super Stardawg by TopDog, Cream Caramel by Sweet Seeds, Purple Stardawg (Topdog probably), Endless Sky by Dr. GreenThumb and my signature strain from Sweet Seeds, Green Poison- I tested it for them and grew it for 2 years straight (and nothing else). It's nice to remember some of the "oldies"............

sshz

sshz

And some day we'll have to talk about Zombie Virus by Expert Seeds.
Gallery 7017 5949 343034

These were grown in Feb-April, 2017. It's a Black Domina hybrid. B.D. is well known to be very leafy, and these SURE were. The complete grow, start to finish, is over on RIU I think.

sshz

sshz

Sorry, it's actually called Sweet Zombie- Zombie Virus X Black Domina.

https://www.invalid.com/t/expert-seeds-sweet-zombie.934653/ (here's the thread)

The only thing I'd add is I wished I had taken them a week longer.

sshz

sshz

Thanks Stank......yup, very happy with the room right now. It looks better up close and personal.

To catch everyone up to date, I gave the room a 2nd spraying of PureCrop1 last night, they'll get another one in a week or so right before budding begins. The plants never show a negative effect from the spraying and will look even better in a day or two. I watered with some Botanicare Pure Blend Tea tonight, it's 100% organic and has Seabird Guano, Earthworm Castings, Fish Meal, Kelp and Humic Acid (and nothing else) in it. It's rated at 0.5-0.5-1 and can be used anytime as a gentle boost at any stage of growth. Good stuff and reasonably priced when bought in gallon size.

One of my pricey Lumatek ballasts went today.......... it's lasted over 5 years, the other one I had lasted around 3+ years. These are nice ballasts- the lights they drive are brilliantly brighter than any of the others I own. A quality ballast, no fans to break either. A few days ago my wife noticed a burning smell in the basement, but we couldn't find where it was coming from. It smelled like a burning wire, but after a thorough search- still couldn't find it. When the light went out early today and I removed the ballast- I could see the burn on the ballast prongs- one snapped right off. Fortunately, I had a backup from another manufacturer- and the room didn't lose a beat.

Next up I'll stake everything and then not much more to do for 10 weeks other than water and inspect for issues.

sshz

sshz

IMG 1177

Here's a pic of the the room from tonight for a thread elsewhere.........click on it for a better view. I swear they look better in just 2 days after the PureCrop1 application. As PC1 has claimed, an application increases the "brix levels" of the plants, basically increasing sugar levels. Not one unhappy leaf! Check this out I found:

Brix level can be raised by increasing carbon in the soil
I would like to share with you an advanced way to increase carbon in the soil. Here is how it works:

• Plants manufacture and secrete large amounts of sugars down into the soil through the roots to feed the microbes in the soil.
  • The microbes feed on these sugars, and convert unavailable nutrients in the soil into available nutrients.
  • Aerobic microbes also use the sugars as glues to structure the soil, making a nice living environment for themselves.
  • These air spaces in the soil mean that the soil is flocculated - air circulates down into the soil, and nitrogen fixing bacteria in the soil pull nitrogen from the air and hold it in the soil.

We learn something new every day..........

Last edited:
sshz

sshz

Well, my 2nd 1000 watt ballast died today- so I've lost 2 large ballasts in a matter of a week. This one was an iPower, bought in November, 2016. So the 1st iPower ballast lasted 2 1/2 years, and the 2nd lasted almost 3 1/2 years. The fuse button kept popping, now it won't even fire. For under a $100 each, not too bad i guess but they do produce less lumens than many of the others. Thank god for Amazon Prime- the replacement (Tophort) will be here by Sunday (Easter!). In comparison, the Lumatek's- were about $275 each- one lasted almost 3 1/2 years and the 2nd lasted just about 5 years. And they were way brighter than all the others.

So, I hooked up a cheapy, no-name brand 600 watt HPS to replace the 1000 watter until the new ballast comes.......not the end of the world for 2 days.

To further comment, I think power surges (which I get a lot of in my rural area) shorten the bulbs and ballasts lives. The more surges, the less life. I'm a stones throw from the Chesapeake Bay, and get a lot of wind here right off the water, I think that's what's always causing the power surge issues.

Otherwise, all is good here for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom