Are my ladies ready for Harvest?

• Thread starter Urameshi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Urameshi

Urameshi

Smoked a couple ICC buds with no problems 🤤 started drying Wednesday, it’s day 4 now, temps have stayed around 60-63 degrees and 55-60 RH so I’ll probably push them to 7-10 days. Got 10 half Lb Grove bags to cure my 5 plants on the way, I’ll trim with trimmers and clean with iso. Will trim over pyrex bowls 😬

I want to top my seedlings (they sprouted 6/28/21 26 days ago) some more but I’m not sure they were topped once 7/8/21, they have a white residue on them that I thought was from the humidifier that I filled with tap (I took that out and put in the dry room 🤫) I tried rubbing the leaves with lost coast plant therapy just in case it was powdery mildew but no luck, it’s faded a bit but I also think it’s the paint from the closet I can see it faded probably from me misting the ladies and the fan spreading it 🤔

329B0B90 CBC6 48C3 8187 812856B4DDE2
6A725AC0 2E0A 4434 BA04 D81921487ABF
Last edited:
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Smoked a couple ICC buds with no problems 🤤 started drying Wednesday, it’s day 4 now, temps have stayed around 60-63 degrees and 55-60 RH so I’ll probably push them to 7-10 days. Got 10 half Lb Grove bags to cure my 5 plants on the way, I’ll trim with trimmers and clean with iso. Will trim over pyrex bowls 😬

I want to top my seedlings (they sprouted 6/28/21 26 days ago) some more but I’m not sure they were topped once 7/8/21, they have a white residue on them that I thought was from the humidifier that I filled with tap (I took that out and put in the dry room 🤫) I tried rubbing the leaves with lost coast plant therapy just in case it was powdery mildew but no luck, it’s faded a bit but I also think it’s the paint from the closet I can see it faded probably from me misting the ladies and the fan spreading it 🤔
mmm, maybe..
though careful with the watering, should try to just let them grow without so much handling and probably need to transplant.,

Urameshi

Urameshi

@GNick55 I water them everyday when lights on, 18/6 schedule more or less thanks to your suggestion I think, will up the wattage in a week or 2, I think I will flip these to flow end of August. And start another run with clones from my headquarters. My first grow I kept them under the 440s 24/7 for veg I want to push these girls to see who I can add to the arsenal. Will start pheno hunting and ordering my favorites from the Dons after I get to harvest

I’m just following the same method I did with my 70/30 coco perlite first grow, water to runoff at lights on and then leave em be I already know Don Megalodon is a keeper. I transplanted 2 weeks before I flipped to flower. I grew them from seed in these 1 gallons. The small gelatos in the back were in clear plastic cups

Urameshi

Urameshi

@Og_punkgenetics I chopped them 8 days later, they were mature and ready 🙏🏿 Drying now, shooting for 10 days but will reevaluate around 8-9 days

Urameshi

Urameshi

@GNick55 was looking at one of your threads where you talk about spraying them with milk for p.m

that sounds like something i can do too! Ive read that it could also be a calcium deficiency (like with humans we get white clouds in our nails with calcium deficiency so its kind of like the same thing with white spots on leaves) always dropping gems!

whole milk or doesnt matter?

most of my white spots have went away

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
@GNick55 was looking at one of your threads where you talk about spraying them with milk for p.m

that sounds like something i can do too! Ive read that it could also be a calcium deficiency (like with humans we get white clouds in our nails with calcium deficiency so its kind of like the same thing with white spots on leaves) always dropping gems!

whole milk or doesnt matter?

most of my white spots have went away
milk will only be useful under intense light or on a hot sunny day!
you can use milk anytime during veg as it’s good for the plants health and immune system from what i’ve read and experienced.
you need to know for sure what your dealing with before treating it..
post some more pictures.,
because i would switch between h2o2 and milk to treat wpm..

GanjaFarmer24

GanjaFarmer24

Hit em with several UVB bulbs last several weeks & cut back on H2O…lower humidity to <35%, they’ll wish they had sunblock…they do
Trichomes!!!
Proven to increase THC not CBD, etc.

View attachment 1146451
MaximumYield
“Like just about everything else on planet, cannabis plants are damaged by too much UV light. That’s why a cannabis plant will create more trichomes to protect itself if there is an increase in harmful UV-B rays. As such, supplementing UV-B light using UV-B fluorescents (commonly sold at pet stores for reptiles) in a flowering room can help boost trichome production, 2 power draw watts per sq/ft.)

OR
Article:

HorticultureTechniques
Cannabis Under Stress Produces More THC
April 3, 2020
Quote: UVB works
Another example is ultraviolet-B (UV-B) radiation, which can easily destroy plants in sufficient quantities. But in small amounts during flowering, UV-B light boosts THC accumulation in cannabis, an act of self-protection reminiscent of sunscreen. [2,3]
Mansouri et al [4] applied abscisic acid (ABA), a sesquiterpene that acts as a plant hormone, to flowering cannabis plants. ABA inhibits growth and is produced by plants in response to environmental stressors, including (but not limited to) drought, UV radiation, cold, and salinity. [5] After exogenous application to cannabis, the researchers noted increased THC and α-tocopherol but decreased chlorophyll, carotenoids, and phytosterols. [4]

&

One recent study applied controlled drought to flowering cannabis plants. [1] The researchers withheld fertigation for 11 days starting at week 7 of the flowering period. This increased tetrahydrocannabinolic acid (THCA) by 12% and cannabidiolic acid (CBDA) by 13% compared to the well-irrigated control. THC and CBD yields per unit growing area were 50% and 67% higher, respectively.

And finally a goody study done yrs ago:

UV-B RADIATION EFFECTS ON PHOTOSYNTHESIS, GROWTH AND CANNABINOID PRODUCTION OF TWO Cannabis sativa CHEMOTYPES
JOHNLYDON~.A*L, ANH. TERAMUaRnAd 'C. BENJAMICNOFFMAN~ 'Department of Botany, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742, USA,,2USDA-ARS, Southern Weed Science Laboratory, P.O. Box 350, Stoneville, MS 38776. USA and 'USDA-ARS,
Weed Science Laboratory, AEQ. I, Beltsville, MD 20705. USA
(Received 29 August 1986; accepted 24 February 1987)
Abstract-The effects of UV-B radiation on photosynthesis, growth and cannabinoid production of two greenhouse-grown C. sativa chemotypes (drug and fiber) were assessed.
Excerpt: “Only capitate-sessile and capitate-stalked glands contain cannabinoids, with stalked glands containing > 7 times more cannabinoids than sessile glands (Mahlberg et al., 1984). Capitate-stalked glands are only present on bracts (and associated leaves), cover over 70% of the surface area of bracts, and contain 100% of the cannabinoids in these tissues (Mahlbert et al., 1984). Thus, the UV-B absorbing cannabino- ids may be important in preventing this actinic radi- ation from penetrating ovary tissues. If so, populations of C. sativa which express UV-B enhanced cannabinoid production (as demonstrated with the drug chemotype) may have more repro- ductive success in high UV-B radiation environ- ments. This may account for the distribution of these chemotypes in temperate and tropical environ- ments as reported by Pate (1983). It should be pointed out, however, that one should be cautious when extrapolating from greenhouse to field con- ditions in UV-B studies. In addition, when consider- ing the distribution of C. sativa, one cannot overlook the fact that it is one of the oldest culti- vated plants known to man. Thus, its present distri- bution may possibly be an artifact of man’s cultural practices.
In conclusion, the A9-THC content in leaf and floral tissues of greenhouse grown drug-type C. saliva increased linearly with UV-B dose”

View attachment 1146450

Here I MO our humidity is terrible six months out of the year, so I finally bought a dehumidifier for my flowering stage.
These are the UVB bulbs I use—I’ll runner four of them and Dual bulb hangers, about 12” from plants moving them daily for exposure.
UVB 150W $26 @Petsmart.
View attachment 1146452
Can you get UVB spectrum from a 2ft fluro party blacklight?

Top Bottom