Are my ladies ready for Harvest?

• Thread starter Urameshi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Urameshi

Urameshi

Day 57, wanted to turn off lights tonight and leave them off until Friday to chop them but was told maybe go until day 65 wanted the farms opinion
DC0ACF5A B6A0 4C0C 96B1 69E34CB47A75
CAF2B2EF FC18 4A39 AEC1 775C004A131B
8E3C18DE 04C0 44B6 A65B CBAE18BDF87C
BC34485E 09CE 4E60 A0D5 B03141BD59EC
21A5656B A2A8 4A85 A231 ABB1F6D3E672

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

I’m no expert but I still c a lot of clear trichomes and it’s still pushing white hairs whilst it’s doing that it’s increasing weight a lot I would at least wait till there are no clear trichomes imo.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Unless you want couch-lock, now is a good time to harvest. Clear trichomes are the most potent. The milky ones are there to warn you the amber is coming within a short time.
But if you like it to put you down and to sleep, let it get really amber.

Urameshi

Urameshi

Are the white haired buds still growing @ComfortablyNumb ? I had scheduled to chop em Friday and do a 10 day so I should start the 48 hrs of darkness after tonight 9:30 lights shut off?

what kind of high would it be if it doesn’t leave you slumped?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Are the white haired buds still growing @ComfortablyNumb ? I had scheduled to chop em Friday and do a 10 day so I should start the 48 hrs of darkness after tonight 9:30 lights shut off?

what kind of high would it be if it doesn’t leave you slumped?
For me? The High I can still get work done with is the best high. We let a small amount go amber for those days when you just can't get to sleep.

Urameshi

Urameshi

For me? The High I can still get work done with is the best high. We let a small amount go amber for those days when you just can't get to sleep.
But does it last or that depends on the strain, is the slumped feeling considered a stronger high? Is that the goal or not the goal with medicine?

trying to understand it as a grower since I understand it other aspects

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

But does it last or that depends on the strain, is the slumped feeling considered a stronger high? Is that the goal or not the goal with medicine?

trying to understand it as a grower since I understand it other aspects
The 'slumping' is caused by a degradation of the THC. When the trichomes are clear is the highest potency and gives you the most energetic high. As they change to milky or amber, the potency is degrading and the THC is changing into CBN. I have way too much stuff to do to be in a sleepy haze all the time. We chop when the milky and amber first start to show.

Urameshi

Urameshi

Finally set up the rope Ratchets the right way so I’ll put 2 440s in here for the kush mints (one will probably will be standing upright as if supplemental) while the other girls are drying in my flower room since I can get perfect conditions in there, contemplating having the kush mints join them on her days of darkness

grnmtn

grnmtn

I'm just wondering why you are setting a time limit at 65 days? I personally believe they have at least two more weeks judging by looks. Let the plants tell you when they are done and they will reward you.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
24/48 hours darkness does nothing
I agree with you here nick, no increase potency. That said, if your medium is spent, and clean there's no reason why someone can't take the entire dry plant and start the curing process. Roots in soil.
I've found that keeping the roots intact stretches out the drying process, and I'm convinced that keeping the roots attached to a plant holds some benefit, flavor or otherwise.

I'll have to say this technique for me is still a work in progress and I think anything that extends the drying process is good, if it can be property controlled.

Lately, trying different ways TBH, by removing the soil, and small rootlets, and this time around, I'm leaving some plants in the soil itself, rootlets and all...

One of my buddies who's been growing since my childhood days, and has been running several hydroponics stores up in Chicago area really swears by this method. I've always respected his opinion in these kinds of matters, but only time will tell.

As for the plant: Stay the course... I say give it another week, minimum. Clearly, I think many of those triches look immature (clear) tbh, and most of your ambers are on sugar leaves. Maybe even go to 10/14 hours to ripen it further.

How the density of the buds feel? Are they thick? or spongy....

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Aqua convinced me to put off harvest on two plants, and I'm really glad I did. They thickened up nicely. The G13 auto project.

IMG 20210714 025943165
Urameshi

Urameshi

24/48 hours darkness does nothing
i figured the science behind it made sense something about the plant produces resin at night after a day of gathering sun so in the darkness they's produce more without having to protect itself from the light

I'm just wondering why you are setting a time limit at 65 days? I personally believe they have at least two more weeks judging by looks. Let the plants tell you when they are done and they will reward you.
figured to follow the growers guidelines so i don't herm the plants, they stopped producing bulbs/fresh buds a week ago and have been fading nicely figured they would be ready since its week 9. When I feel them they are a bit thick, wet/spongy in areas but not really since they might be patched, haven’t fed them for a couple of days Bc I was anticipating a smooth harvest at weird times the last couple of days they’ve made the dehum do actual work with large spikes at random

socks4free

socks4free

The 'slumping' is caused by a degradation of the THC. When the trichomes are clear is the highest potency and gives you the most energetic high. As they change to milky or amber, the potency is degrading and the THC is changing into CBN. I have way too much stuff to do to be in a sleepy haze all the time. We chop when the milky and amber first start to show.
Not sure where your getting that clear are the highest potency, clear means NO thc milky is highest THC amber is getting into cbn/d

Top Bottom