Are my ladies ready for Harvest?

• Thread starter Urameshi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growsince79

growsince79

growsince79

growsince79

Maybe I misunderstand you but that pic is a different one than I was talking about and it also says that cloudy is THC degrading. In a pretty straightforward manner. And the grammar fits, it does not look like a typo.
Please show me where he advocates "cloudy".
I agree Ed does say cloudy is over ripe. Most growers and weed writers disagree. In my experience, I've found different strains have a different color ratio at peak ripeness. Unless I've grown the same strain a couple time, the scope doesn't mean much. Some strains are mostly cloudy some are more clear ripe. Some are mostly cloudy with 10% clear and 10% amber- and so on. I don't do autos, but lots of auto guys say 50% amber is ripe. The OP's pic showed a plant that was still growing.
Would you harvest buds on week 3 because the trichs are all cloudy?

Urameshi

Urameshi

I agree Ed does say cloudy is over ripe. Most growers and weed writers disagree. In my experience, I've found different strains have a different color ratio at peak ripeness. Unless I've grown the same strain a couple time, the scope doesn't mean much. Some strains are mostly cloudy some are more clear ripe. Some are mostly cloudy with 10% clear and 10% amber- and so on. I don't do autos, but lots of auto guys say 50% amber is ripe. The OP's pic showed a plant that was still growing.
Probably should’ve mentioned I added Overdrive for weeks 6 & 7 maybe they’re why my girls won’t stop growing? The reason for all the dense fox Tails

growsince79

growsince79

Heres day 45 cloudy white and still 2 weeks to go.

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

As regards to trichomes and harvest it’s simple take a sample whilst clear then cloudy then with slight amber and c which 1 gets u the high u like clear u get a racy head high amber couch lock depends on preference I refuse to chop whilst trichs are clear just my preference also the weight u gain in last couple weeks is well worth the wait imo👍

Urameshi

Urameshi

Hey guys since I have you here in this thread can I ask a question about my seedlings? The new growths from the tops look good tho
they were potted/cupped 15/16 days ago and topped about 5-6 days ago, super soil mix (mother's earth coco peat/bruts super soil/kis organics coots nutrient & minerals mix/blended barley) also top dressed them with down to earth seedlings 3 3 3 mix about 7-6 days ago I either gave them small amounts of nutes or recharge since a lot of stuff is in the soil, I either watered everyday or skipped a day here and there when I felt they weren't dry enough & the 100 watter stays on 24/7 once or twice in the 2 weeks I've let them sleep 10 hours max maybe

Last edited:
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Hey guys since I have you here in this thread can I ask a question about my seedlings? The new growths from the tops look good tho
they were potted/cupped 15/16 days ago and topped about 5-6 days ago, super soil mix (mother's earth coco peat/bruts super soil/kis organics coots nutrient & minerals mix/blended barley) also top dressed them with down to earth seedlings 3 3 3 mix about 7-6 days ago I either gave them small amounts of nutes or recharge since a lot of stuff is in the soil, I either watered everyday or skipped a day here and there when I felt they weren't dry enough & the 100 watter stays on 24/7 once or twice in the 2 weeks I've let them sleep 10 hours max maybe
View attachment 1146380
put them on a 18/6 hours.

Urameshi

Urameshi

Hey guys since I have you here in this thread can I ask a question about my seedlings?

Is my soil too hot? Is it overwatering? Do you need pics instead?

put them on a 18/6 hours.
Done deal thanks!

extractoilminussixty

extractoilminussixty

Hit em with several UVB bulbs last several weeks & cut back on H2O…lower humidity to <35%, they’ll wish they had sunblock…they do
Trichomes!!!
Proven to increase THC not CBD, etc.

MaximumYield
“Like just about everything else on planet, cannabis plants are damaged by too much UV light. That’s why a cannabis plant will create more trichomes to protect itself if there is an increase in harmful UV-B rays. As such, supplementing UV-B light using UV-B fluorescents (commonly sold at pet stores for reptiles) in a flowering room can help boost trichome production, 2 power draw watts per sq/ft.)

OR
Article:

HorticultureTechniques
Cannabis Under Stress Produces More THC
April 3, 2020
Quote: UVB works
Another example is ultraviolet-B (UV-B) radiation, which can easily destroy plants in sufficient quantities. But in small amounts during flowering, UV-B light boosts THC accumulation in cannabis, an act of self-protection reminiscent of sunscreen. [2,3]
Mansouri et al [4] applied abscisic acid (ABA), a sesquiterpene that acts as a plant hormone, to flowering cannabis plants. ABA inhibits growth and is produced by plants in response to environmental stressors, including (but not limited to) drought, UV radiation, cold, and salinity. [5] After exogenous application to cannabis, the researchers noted increased THC and α-tocopherol but decreased chlorophyll, carotenoids, and phytosterols. [4]

&

One recent study applied controlled drought to flowering cannabis plants. [1] The researchers withheld fertigation for 11 days starting at week 7 of the flowering period. This increased tetrahydrocannabinolic acid (THCA) by 12% and cannabidiolic acid (CBDA) by 13% compared to the well-irrigated control. THC and CBD yields per unit growing area were 50% and 67% higher, respectively.

And finally a goody study done yrs ago:

UV-B RADIATION EFFECTS ON PHOTOSYNTHESIS, GROWTH AND CANNABINOID PRODUCTION OF TWO Cannabis sativa CHEMOTYPES
JOHNLYDON~.A*L, ANH. TERAMUaRnAd 'C. BENJAMICNOFFMAN~ 'Department of Botany, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742, USA,,2USDA-ARS, Southern Weed Science Laboratory, P.O. Box 350, Stoneville, MS 38776. USA and 'USDA-ARS,
Weed Science Laboratory, AEQ. I, Beltsville, MD 20705. USA
(Received 29 August 1986; accepted 24 February 1987)
Abstract-The effects of UV-B radiation on photosynthesis, growth and cannabinoid production of two greenhouse-grown C. sativa chemotypes (drug and fiber) were assessed.
Excerpt: “Only capitate-sessile and capitate-stalked glands contain cannabinoids, with stalked glands containing > 7 times more cannabinoids than sessile glands (Mahlberg et al., 1984). Capitate-stalked glands are only present on bracts (and associated leaves), cover over 70% of the surface area of bracts, and contain 100% of the cannabinoids in these tissues (Mahlbert et al., 1984). Thus, the UV-B absorbing cannabino- ids may be important in preventing this actinic radi- ation from penetrating ovary tissues. If so, populations of C. sativa which express UV-B enhanced cannabinoid production (as demonstrated with the drug chemotype) may have more repro- ductive success in high UV-B radiation environ- ments. This may account for the distribution of these chemotypes in temperate and tropical environ- ments as reported by Pate (1983). It should be pointed out, however, that one should be cautious when extrapolating from greenhouse to field con- ditions in UV-B studies. In addition, when consider- ing the distribution of C. sativa, one cannot overlook the fact that it is one of the oldest culti- vated plants known to man. Thus, its present distri- bution may possibly be an artifact of man’s cultural practices.
In conclusion, the A9-THC content in leaf and floral tissues of greenhouse grown drug-type C. saliva increased linearly with UV-B dose”

Here I MO our humidity is terrible six months out of the year, so I finally bought a dehumidifier for my flowering stage.
These are the UVB bulbs I use—I’ll runner four of them and Dual bulb hangers, about 12” from plants moving them daily for exposure.
UVB 150W $26 @Petsmart.

Urameshi

Urameshi

Not ripe yet…… Have patience Grasshopper……..
This will really test the patience that I never had lol 🥴

Hit em with several UVB bulbs last several weeks & cut back on H2O…lower humidity to <35%, they’ll wish they had sunblock…they do
Trichomes!!!
Proven to increase THC not CBD, etc.
thanks for this as I was contemplating getting a uv bar mammoth, the one id get is a 10 bar led with 8 bars being regular samsung diodes etc and 2 uv bars, i wanted to see the difference from one side of the room (non uv) to the other so it's good to know others already believe in it for triche production

Last edited:
Mrb53

Mrb53

Trichomes are completely clear – this indicates that your plant is not ready for harvest and its potency will be extremely low. In this situation, leave the plants and return to observe trichomes one or two days later.

Trichomes are cloudy, with some clear parts – This indicates the very beginning of your harvesting window. While it is perfectly acceptable to harvest your plants at this stage, to do so would be like eating a banana before it ripens; it is still nice but it doesn’t have the texture, flavor or aroma that you want it to. Potency will be fairly low and will offer a more energetic high than plants harvested at a later date.

Trichomes are very cloudy – This indicates the optimum harvesting time for most cannabis cultivators. Potency will be at its highest, especially THC count and pain-relieving effects will be at their most beneficial at this stage

Trichomes have turned an amber color – This indicates the very end of your harvest window. Harvesting your plants at this stage will still offer potency but will offer a “couch-lock” effect as opposed to an energetic buzz. This is also the perfect time for harvest if you are look for your plants to help you with anxiety and a general sense of calm

Amber represents degradation and the change from THC...Any amber represents that. Ripe, not ripe...all based on personal taste. If you like couch lock, you harvest late. If you think you want the highest potency, harvest when milky. Thing is, the buds do NOT mature at the same rate. Apicals mature at a different schedule than lower buds. Exterior matures different than interior. Trikes continue to mature even after the buds are clipped. I always harvest at cloudy...the amber sets in during dry and cure stage. Drying is actually more important that harvesting at the right moment. You want the 65% Rh and a long slow dry. Frankster is correct about drying in their pots...better dry, better development of terpenes...With all the new strains, terpenes are as or more important than THC levels. Just dont harvest when clear and never expect them ALL TO BE THE SAME LEVEL of maturity

Urameshi

Urameshi

Also I dunno if anyone has complemented u on your fine looking plants first offical grow you got that green thumb for sure well done👍
Thanks!!! I’ve witnessed a good amount of grows and I’m a visual learner tbh so figured I’d give it a go, some bumps on the way that’s why I have my peoples and The Farm! You guys are great! Very informative and helpful to your fellow growers I love it

@Mrb53 very similar to that Ed article, do you have any vids or links to the drying while potted thing???

Urameshi

Urameshi

when I was searching this forum for drying procedures I came across this thread where they talked about it and I thought it was cool but no one ever really did it :/

Mrb53

Mrb53

Thanks!!! I’ve witnessed a good amount of grows and I’m a visual learner tbh so figured I’d give it a go, some bumps on the way that’s why I have my peoples and The Farm! You guys are great! Very informative and helpful to your fellow growers I love it

@Mrb53 very similar to that Ed article, do you have any vids or links to the drying while potted thing???
sorry...I only got this
click here - drying / curing

for in pot - I stop all watering for 1-2 weeks. I do 2 days dark stage for chlorophyll...it reduces the GREEN TASTE, I trim the fan leaves while all on the plant...I leave the sugar leaves. Depending on Rh is how many FAN leaves I leave - lower RH = > fan leaves to retain moisture
dry inn a DRY BOX I made. 3x3x5, thermal mylar lined, 2 x 5v (pc / computer) fans as exhaust. Temps 65°f to 55°. Rh 50-60%....I use frozen gallon containers to maintain temps, I use artic cooler (those ridiculous usb units you fill with water, fan (I use ice water)...Great at controlling Rh. It has a fan and that is the circulation. The exhaust fans are mounted in the walls, turn on - lowers rh...1 or 2 fans depending on rh ranges. I MADE THIS BOX FROM A WARDROBE BOX FROM LOWES / HOME DEPOT...LESS THAN $20. EXHAUST FANS MOUNTED IN LID

Urameshi

Urameshi

That’s a great dry box! For drying I was just going to leave them in the flower room Bc it has the most ideal conditions in terms of the windows are already blacked out via curtains, the 12k btu should keep the temp consistent with lights off, dehum on auto should help when it gets above 60 and I’ll monitor everyday and adjust for swings, my wall mounted oscillating fans might hit the buds when oscillating so I’m going to have both point in opposite directs to to funnel the air around, bouncing off walls if you will lol

Top Bottom