Are my plants done?(noob)

• Thread starter Xan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ace9137

Ace9137

I can admit when I am wrong just scroll up.

If you don't wanna man the fuck up and just name call to try to deflect that's up to you. I would say your the one with a fragile little ego. I have no problems Manning up and owning my mistakes
A scientific fact is just that.. fact. It doesn't change if you believe it or not.
Unless a new discovery changes that, ergo. coffee stunts your growth.
When you put a glass of oil out does it evaporate? I'm at a loss here. How do you think concentrates are made?
my point is that THC is in the oil, so how can it evaporate? are you grasping what I am saying?
This is your argument? The plant wouldn't even grow without the required nutrients. C'mon on now how far out to left field are we going?
Of course I know this you keep trying to change the answers, My point is you need photosynthesis in order to do ANY of that.....what is so hard to understand?
No its not it goes through day and night cycles.

What kind of answer is this can you get any more extreme in your views?

Of course light degrades it just google it and look for scientific studies on it. Not your bro science bullshit.
Umm...wow, yes it does go through day and night stages, it is still exposed to light, when you open it up from jar or tin, or however you store it, and to worry about light exposure, have you ever considered all the trichomes the layers that are not exposed.......come on guy seriously? And just google it, huh? I may go a step further and read a bunch of books on it.....oh wait... I did...laughing
Moisture does not break it down lmao it's chemical reactions.

We dry and during that process oxidization breaks down the chlorophyll. We cure the bud to to slow down and stop this process. Oxidization also degrades thca over time. That's the whole dam point of curing.
No it is not the "whole" reason, you do know, it is actual preservation to prevent oxidation, to keep moisture in the bud itself to it does not burn up in one hit. Over time chlorophyll breaks down into sugars, oxidization is similar to rust, meaning the chemical composition is breaking down into something else, that happens to trichomes, not chlorophyll, wow Xan check this stuff out for yourself, you will learn much more by your own study.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

A scientific fact is just that.. fact. It doesn't change if you believe it or not.
Unless a new discovery changes that, ergo. coffee stunts your growth.
When you put a glass of oil out does it evaporate? I'm at a loss here. How do you think concentrates are made?
my point is that THC is in the oil, so how can it evaporate? are you grasping what I am saying?
This is your argument? The plant wouldn't even grow without the required nutrients. C'mon on now how far out to left field are we going?
Of course I know this you keep trying to change the answers, My point is you need photosynthesis in order to do ANY of that.....what is so hard to understand?
No its not it goes through day and night cycles.

What kind of answer is this can you get any more extreme in your views?

Of course light degrades it just google it and look for scientific studies on it. Not your bro science bullshit.
Umm...wow, yes it does go through day and night stages, it is still exposed to light, when you open it up from jar or tin, or however you store it, and to worry about light exposure, have you ever considered all the trichomes the layers that are not exposed.......come on guy seriously? And just google it, huh? I may go a step further and read a bunch of books on it.....oh wait... I did...laughing
Moisture does not break it down lmao it's chemical reactions.

We dry and during that process oxidization breaks down the chlorophyll. We cure the bud to to slow down and stop this process. Oxidization also degrades thca over time. That's the whole dam point of curing.
No it is not the "whole" reason, you do know, it is actual preservation to prevent oxidation, to keep moisture in the bud itself to it does not burn up in one hit. Over time chlorophyll breaks down into sugars, oxidization is similar to rust, meaning the chemical composition is breaking down into something else, that happens to trichomes, not chlorophyll, wow Xan check this stuff out for yourself, you will learn much more by your own study.
Yes please do your research.

Coffee has nothing to do with this.

Are you telling me oils and thc evaporate? Cause it sure as hell looks like that in your post. You also claimed it's part water.

Your statement

evaporation breaks down water, well, what is THC? or at least apart of it

Explain how extracts are made then?.

You keep changing your arguments. Just like above claim it's water and evaporates then claim your saying it oil and doesn't.

Back tracking like crazy. When I get home I'll cut and past your conflicting answers for you.

Light from opening a jar is hardly comparable to storing it in the light or drying it in the light. While your at it you keep harvesting after your lights go out.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Are you telling me oils and thc evaporate? Cause it sure as hell looks like that in your post. You also claimed it's part water.

Your statement

You keep changing your arguments. Just like above claim it's water and evaporates then claim your saying it oil and doesn't.

Back tracking like crazy. When I get home I'll cut and past your conflicting answers for you.

Light from opening a jar is hardly comparable to storing it in the light or drying it in the light. While your at it you keep harvesting after your lights go out.

Didnt you see the sign? “Please stop feeding the trolls”

Ace9137

Ace9137

Your statement

Light oils can evaporate, essential oils would be an example, heavy oils do not, crude oil as an example. THC is a light oil, more so, it is a water based oil. It is obvious the educational system has let you down, I find this a pure tragedy, I hope that in further years aquaman you find a program that can help you. Maybe it is time you return to your village.

GrnMtnGrowR

GrnMtnGrowR

Didnt you see the sign? “Please stop feeding the trolls”
What exactly do you consider a troll? I'm always hearing people talk about trolls, but I don't get it? If someone starts a thread and asks for people opinions then why are they trolls when they give their opinion. This fighting among fellow growers is why I left the grow forums years ago. I was hoping things had changed over the years, human nature I guess.

Ace9137

Ace9137

What exactly do you consider a troll? I'm always hearing people talk about trolls, but I don't get it? If someone starts a thread and asks for people opinions then why are they trolls when they give their opinion. This fighting among fellow growers is why I left the grow forums years ago. I was hoping things had changed over the years, human nature I guess.
People tend to feel threatened when faced with a different perspective. Anything outside the human comfort zone causes phobias. Most unfortunate, in the end I am a troll for defending myself.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The classic definition of a troll is someone who intentionally makes posts that are controversial or adversarial for the sole purpose of creating discontent. Not to be confused with the short guys who live under bridges! :)
I have grown for a few years and have a little experience of my own, as well as a fairly decent scientific background. This post has more holes in it that a sponge. Sure, light degrades THC. So does Oxidation. Trichomes change colors depending on the degree of oxidation taking place inside the Trichomes. The amount of THC lost by normal light exposure is pretty miniscule, as is the difference between the THC/CBD ratio that occurs when the Trichomes change colors. Nutrients travel by osmotic pressure or via the capillary effect, not suction. Trichomes don't prevent water from leaving the leaf, stomata have that particular task, along with transpiration. Chlorophyll is degraded by enzymes that continue to break down chlorophyll until a lack of moisture inactivates them. THC itself is insoluble in water, so it wouldn't evaporate like water. FWIW, heavy oils evaporate as well, albeit much slower than lighter oils.
There are a ton of mixed facts and urban legends in this thread. At least in my limited experience, but hey, what do I know?

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

When someone joins in a conversation and doesnt like others comments and starts with the insults. Then just continues to post their point of view in anger and controversy.

I do it sometimes. We all do it. Feeding into it makes it worse.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Light oils can evaporate, essential oils would be an example, heavy oils do not, crude oil as an example. THC is a light oil, more so, it is a water based oil. It is obvious the educational system has let you down, I find this a pure tragedy, I hope that in further years aquaman you find a program that can help you. Maybe it is time you return to your village.

There are oils and terpenes secreted by the cuticle into the bulbous head of the resin gland but i can not find any mention of water. Please link info if true.

And there was no need to insult anyone.

The oil is not soluble or we couldnt extract it with water.

Ace9137

Ace9137

There are oils and terpenes secreted by the cuticle into the bulbous head of the resin gland but i can not find any mention of water. Please link info if true.

And there was no need to insult anyone.

The oil is not soluble or we couldnt extract it with water.
I came in here and spoke my mind, does my honesty and candor really offend? Maybe it was because in the sea of voices agreeing that I spoke and said,"Think for yourself.", you smell that? That is the death of freedom.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I came in here and spoke my mind, does my honesty and candor really offend? Maybe it was because in the sea of voices agreeing that I spoke and said,"Think for yourself.", you smell that? That is the death of freedom.

You are insulting people while you make your opinion known. That discredits anything you say for the purpose of discussion.

Ace9137

Ace9137

You are insulting people while you make your opinion known. That discredits anything you say for the purpose of discussion.
Look I see the writing on the wall, no matter what I will be ripped apart, or told I am wrong, that is fine, I remember someone else getting flamed and having their post shutdown........ If you are all easily offended I would suggest you become recluses.......best O' Luck.....chummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmps

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Look I see the writing on the wall, no matter what I will be ripped apart, or told I am wrong, that is fine, I remember someone else getting flamed and having their post shutdown........ If you are all easily offended I would suggest you become recluses.......best O' Luck.....chummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmps

Oh well. I tried to be as open and honest as i could.

You were banned for trolling elsewhere huh?

Ace9137

Ace9137

Oh well. I tried to be as open and honest as i could.

You were banned for trolling elsewhere huh?
I remember when on rollitup how bad you were treated, man they really disrespected you. Now you are doing what they did to you on someone else. Better me than you I suppose?

Mewzette

Mewzette

You could harvest now, there is going to be no more bud growth. If you have sampled the flower and find it enjoyable and long lasting then your quest is complete and the need to start a new one has begun. Nutrients do store in the roots so it can assist in the draw of water from soil, suction as it is, which both nutrients and water broken down within the leaves and bud, even if you give pure water for the last four weeks, you will never remove all nutrients, more so, the plant is dying, it knows this and has went into overdrive consuming all sources within the medium. Now before you go by what Ed or George would do, consider this, "Is Ed and George apart of this grow?", If no, do not worry about what they would do. As far as light and trichomes, if you leave any plant in the dark it will stop development in leaf and flower. Trichomes form due to sugars within the plant, when trichomes become "amber", that is called oxidization, meaning said trich's degrade, which in turn means your plant is dying, you actually want to take your plant before that happens, or take it while there is some life left in it. When you harvest your plant, it IS still alive, hence cuttings or revegging. The important thing is that while alive it is still breaking down sugars, if you are worried about light, you really shouldn't, it is heat that should always be concerned about, why?, evaporation breaks down water, well, what is THC? or at least apart of it. These are things I have found out on my own over the years, it is a shame that myths still circulate, of course, you can skip over what I say, if you do, then just this bit of advice, the plant is ready when YOU say it is ready, feel your grow, be in tune with your plants, do not over care for them, give them what they need when they "tell" you, most of all experiment with other plants, learning botany even in an amateur sense is a wonderful and rewarding experience.
Gold adv

Good advice. I prefer the kiss method of growing. Grow for your preferences and what makes you have the ultimate experience. Know your plants and your environment...you will not get the exact same grow as someone else unless you are growing together. I see way to much jargon and catch words and not enough common sense when growing whether it's vegetables, flowers, or trees. Just learn from YOUR mistakes and don't sorry about the flamers on here. Good luck!

Mewzette

Mewzette

I remember when on rollitup how bad you were treated, man they really disrespected you. Now you are doing what they did to you on someone else. Better me than you I suppose?
Are there Russian trolls in here too? Oh my, better lock up your plants so they don't influence how they grow. 😂😂 when the name calling starts you know you won...Keep up the honest replies Ace9137...the little boys can't handle the truth.

Mewzette

Mewzette

Thanks...in today's everyone's feelings are hurt world, if you have a different opinion or thought you are excoriated.

Latest posts

Top Bottom