Are these babies done for 😭

• Thread starter newbiegrowertas
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
figolus

figolus

That will promote mold. It's okay to spray with the lights on.

I spray while the lights are on frequently and have never had any problems.
I don't really agree with you, you use the night spray with the extraction, as well as the fan "on" and when you use the foliar spray you only use it when you are growing, never in flowering.
then by spraying during the day the drops of water form a Lens effect
which causes burns on the leaves of the plant.
Screenshot 2024 04 10 14 38 20 081 comduckduckgomobileandroid

@RoyalQueenSeeds

Screenshot 2024 04 10 14 38 24 523 comduckduckgomobileandroid

Last edited:
ChuckFinnl3y

ChuckFinnl3y

Probably a weak solution no stronger than 4 parts water to 1 part 3% H2O2.
Yeah thats whats generally suggested, i made a mistake and used an even higher ration i tihnk 1:10 at first but that was the suggestion for use on wounds, mouth wash etc. still worked but better be safe than sorry.
iirc it also suggested to spray some of the solution onto the Soil in order to provide some oxygen to the Roots in case of overwatering.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I don't really agree with you, you use the night spray with the extraction, as well as the fan "on" and when you use the foliar spray you only use it when you are growing, never in flowering.
I've sprayed during flowering. I suppose it matters what is being sprayed. I mostly only sprayed buds with alcohol or hydrogen peroxide solutions.

The problem with spraying when the light's off is humidity. It naturally increases when the temperature decreases due to the light being off. So, I agree about having the fan on if spraying in the dark. I don't spray then, though, because I worry about mold.

then by spraying during the day the drops of water form a Lens effect

which causes burns on the leaves of the plant.
That isn't true. I've tested it many times and have never had burns on the leaves. There's scientific research that disproves it, as well.

I just realized you're referring to outside plants. I thought the discussion was about plants grown under artificial light. Some assert that spraying during the day is even less problematic because the movement of the Earth changes the angle of the light.

ChuckFinnl3y

ChuckFinnl3y

Everyone has their own opinion and everyone has their own experiences.
I would be under the same understanding it beeing harmfull to spray under light, but thats just stems from back in the days when i was running around our garden as a lil kid and my Grandpa telling me to only spraying the Fruit Trees once the Sun settles down . I just assumed it would generally be the same for Inddor Leds aswell

But hey what works, works never change a running system ^^

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
it’s absolutely impossible for water droplets to cause marks on marijuana leaves,.
True indeed for marijuana, but there are some species of plants that are susceptible.

also you shouldn’t be foliar spraying at all,.
Why? Are you referring specifically to this discussion or to marijuana growing in general? I've found spraying to be helpful when there's a nutrient deficiency, especially magnesium deficiency.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I would be under the same understanding it beeing harmfull to spray under light, but thats just stems from back in the days when i was running around our garden as a lil kid and my Grandpa telling me to only spraying the Fruit Trees once the Sun settles down . I just assumed it would generally be the same for Inddor Leds aswell

But hey what works, works never change a running system ^^
Well... There are other factors, such as the rate of evaporation...

ChuckFinnl3y

ChuckFinnl3y

Well... There are other factors, such as the rate of evaporation...
Wasnt trying to disagree with you.
What ever works for you keep doing it man 👊
But know that i think about it im getting curious if there is a proper way for us to estimate evaporation rate i know it corelates somewhat to the VPD but from my understanding so far even if you would bother to meassure the Leaf temp. that would mostly be guessing the Transpiraion rate right?
like we could increase or lower it but is there a way to somewhat estimate it without weighting soil/plant and meassure the growth?
Pure curiosty i know its not really needed and you can get by without even meassuring the vpd just trying to cure the sudden inquisity

figolus

figolus

😂 I may be wrong, sorry, but all the sites say the same thing. After no one has died, we are here to share and learn from others.
thank you anyway.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
True indeed for marijuana, but there are some species of plants that are susceptible.

Why? Are you referring specifically to this discussion or to marijuana growing in general? I've found spraying to be helpful when there's a nutrient deficiency, especially magnesium deficiency.
foliar spraying with some sort of nutrient to give plant something quicker than root uptake is a ridiculous routine to fall into,. firstly the amount of “nutrient” the plant receives from spraying is minimal at best, than there’s the stomata how open is it at the time of spraying etc etc waay too many variables, always feed the roots,. only reason to foliar spray is for pest, mold, mildew,.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
foliar spraying with some sort of nutrient to give plant something quicker than root uptake is a ridiculous routine to fall into,. firstly the amount of “nutrient” the plant receives from spraying is minimal at best, than there’s the stomata how open is it at the time of spraying etc etc waay too many variables, always feed the roots,. only reason to foliar spray is for pest, mold, mildew,.
Well, okay, but I have known folks to try a nutrient spray just to see if they have the correct diagnosis. I understand what you're saying about feeding the roots as the best way to feed plants. There's no disputing that.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Well, okay, but I have known folks to try a nutrient spray just to see if they have the correct diagnosis. I understand what you're saying about feeding the roots as the best way to feed plants. There's no disputing that.
ok well if it’s someone who knows about plants and can read information from their application than that’s fine,. that’s like a “test” to see what that grower needs to do,. but for most they wouldn’t know,.

figolus

figolus

@GNick55

figolus

figolus

there are others but hey I think it's enough.

afterwards I also find out what the professionals say

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Wasnt trying to disagree with you.
I didn't take it that way.

What ever works for you keep doing it man 👊
Still figuring it out... 😉

But know that i think about it im getting curious if there is a proper way for us to estimate evaporation rate i know it corelates somewhat to the VPD but from my understanding so far even if you would bother to meassure the Leaf temp. that would mostly be guessing the Transpiraion rate right?
Probably so. I do measure the leaf temperature and set my controller accordingly, then I let it do the math.

like we could increase or lower it but is there a way to somewhat estimate it without weighting soil/plant and meassure the growth?
I weigh the pots while the plants are in nursery pots. It's too cumbersome when they're in big pots. I also don't have a scale that can do that. I measure their height and use that to determine when to flip the lights.

Pure curiosty i know its not really needed and you can get by without even meassuring the vpd just trying to cure the sudden inquisitee
I used to know a grower who claimed the rate of growth could be controlled by adjusting the VPD. The idea behind this is basically managing the transpiration rate and VPD happens to be a good metric for this purpose. Transpiration, as his theory goes, is the transport of water and nutrients from the roots to the leaves, and thus the higher the transpiration rate, the more nutrients are transported, and thus the more rapid the rate of growth. Coincidentally, VPD positively correlates with transpiration (and negatively correlates with relative humidity). I have noticed that there's an optimal VPD range, however. I haven't had mature plants do well at a VPD higher than about 1.30. Chlorotic or necrotic leaf tips are the predominant symptom of a too-high VPD. That optimal range also depends on the stage of growth.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ok now show me,.
copy and paste,.
i found some,.. and?
basically says what i’m saying, plus some bullshit lies,. like this!!!
IMG 1976

so if this is an untrue statement which it is than how much more information is untrue on these sites!..

Top Bottom