Are these babies done for 😭

• Thread starter newbiegrowertas
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ChuckFinnl3y

ChuckFinnl3y

I haven't had mature plants do well at a VPD higher than about 1.30. Chlorotic or necrotic leaf tips are the predominant symptom of a too-high VPD. That optimal range also depends on the stage of growth.
That is good to know i was planning on trying to use VPD as a methode to introduce light stress somewhat in the far future I'll try to remember that treshold 👊

figolus

figolus

what’s a professional??
i’ve been in this business for 38 years?
trust me there ain’t no one on this planet that knows it all,.
sorry I don't know your story or you personally.
after that when I say professional, it is an image of a person who knows more than me. Like rqs and other

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
sorry I don't know your story or you personally.
after that when I say professional, it is an image of a person who knows more than me. Like rqs and other
i hear ya brother i just get razzled sometimes with lies and bullshit,.
seriously look at those sites that sell seeds,. i see more times than not that the pictures used to sell the strain are under feed, over feed, light stressed,. etc so if they don’t know how to grow, well than their information is not believable,.
when i need to get information, i go to science data and decide from that,.
most of the seed sites are run by immature young naive uneducated people,.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
But know that i think about it im getting curious if there is a proper way for us to estimate evaporation rate i know it corelates somewhat to the VPD but from my understanding so far even if you would bother to meassure the Leaf temp. that would mostly be guessing the Transpiraion rate right?
A bit more about that... There's evaporation, transpiration and respiration. Water loss due to evaporation from the soil is good for the plants because we don't want their roots to be too wet. Transpiration, taking in CO2 and releasing O2, only happens when photosynthesis is occurring. Respiration, taking in O2 and releasing CO2, occurs continuously but at a much lower rate than does transpiration. Those are the three main ways water is released to the atmosphere.

figolus

figolus

i hear ya brother i just get razzled sometimes with lies and bullshit,.
seriously look at those sites that sell seeds,. i see more times than not that the pictures used to sell the strain are under feed, over feed, light stressed,. etc so if they don’t know how to grow, well than their information is not believable,.
when i need to get information, i go to science data and decide from that,.
most of the seed sites are run by immature young naive uneducated people,.

I understand you, there’s no problem.

we are looking for references to guide us. so we trust specialized websites.

we test, it works or not, we learn from our mistakes.

we are looking for help and everyone has their own opinion, we have to sort the information...

who tells the truth and who talks bullshit....not easy

When you're wrong, you have to admit it and I don't hesitate to admit it. I'm in wrong

understanding scientists especially in a foreign language... it's not easy

But thanks you all for youre help

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
That is good to know i was planning on trying to use VPD as a methode to introduce light stress somewhat in the far future I'll try to remember that threshold 👊
Why would you want to introduce light stress?

VPD doesn't have much to do with light intensity, except perhaps due to the light's effect on air temperature. VPD mostly deals with heat and humidity. The optimal range varies based on the life stage of the plant. Young plants like a range of 0.80 to 1.00. As plants age, they can handle higher VPD levels. There's a standard math function to calculate it that's easy to find on the Internet. There are also charts. My environment controllers calculate it. Here's my display:

The light is off. The VPD will increase as the tent heats up from the light.

ChuckFinnl3y

ChuckFinnl3y

Why would you want to introduce light stress?

VPD doesn't have much to do with light intensity, except perhaps due to the light's effect on air temperature. VPD mostly deals with heat and humidity. The optimal range varies based on the life stage of the plant. Young plants like a range of 0.80 to 1.00. As plants age, they can handle higher VPD levels. There's a standard math function to calculate it that's easy to find on the Internet. There are also charts. My environment controllers calculate it. Here's my display:
View attachment 2147688
The light is off. The VPD will increase as the tent heats up from the light.
Yeah i can know see that beein misleading 😅 , i meant light stress as in soft, not strong/ harmfull stress

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
you know i understand the vpd but i have no clue about it in my grows upstairs and downstairs, never have,.. to me you have to watch/read the plants reaction,. as long as temp/humidity is good, some airflow, correct feeding/watering, than it’s all about light distance,. mind you i’m talking out my ass for my experience,.

ChuckFinnl3y

ChuckFinnl3y

I started to look at VPD as a method or guidline, for min maxing thought now while writing i started to notice it could also be used if one of its parameters fluactuates and you can only control/ directly influence one of its parameters. Weird that i never thought or heared about it maybe im just missing something rn 😅

Latest posts

Top Bottom