Are these ready for flower? 6 weeks. Lots of defoliation and training

• Thread starter CF89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CF89

CF89

5ml per gallon for most of their life. I was burning em with something (see feed schedule below. I got 9 bottle I believe. 950 ppm when all are added).

I nuke burnt them though so last 3 waterings have been plain water. Now they’re back on the week 3 schedule but at half strength.

they just flipped to flower. So next week they’ll move to week 4. (Week 1 of flower) and looks like we’re staying at 5ml/gallon for the rest of the plants life

CF89

CF89

Soil hippie weighing in. 1st you've got slight cupping. You are over watering. Wait until those bags go feather light and then feed. Careful though. Moisten the soil first before you dump the entire thing in there. Like a slow quart. Let the soil loosen up and then slowly feed in the rest. I've found on really dry soil that if you just dump it in, then it's going to just roll out of the sides of the bag without hitting the bottom. You want that entire root zone wet. Have no idea what quantity you are feeding but in 5 gal grow bags I use 1 gallon typically per feeding. As they get thirsty (vertical growth stopped and in full bloom), they will lighten that bag every 24 hours or so. Instead of a schedule I've got a moisture meter. Plop that sucker down every morning and figure out what you need.

Get some diatomaceous earth for those mites. Sprinkle it at the base of your plants. That will get the little fuckers coming up the sides of the bag into the soil. I can PM you a pic of a spinalsodal formula I use that is easy to get, certified organic and doesn't mess with your buds. Also kicks the dog shit out of mites without nuking your plants. Some of the fatty soaps suck ass in that department.

The other thing I'd recommend you do is spray them daily with a PH balanced Epsom salts solution of 1/2 tablespoon to a gallon. Mist them. They will love you.

I spray in the evening before I take the m in for the evening for mites. And I hit them all in the morning with cal/mag.

Think that's it other than your nute line up. I've had tremendously good results with Earth Juice Seablast. I use their Grow, Transition, Bloom, and finish the last 3 weeks with Bloom Master. I did a test between Fox Farms, GH, and those above. All of the micros you need for each stage are already there. It's a simple mix and balance and it is formulated for soil.

Ok I got the DE and sprinkled it down. Neem oil is still on the way. I havnt done the Epsom salts yet as I’ve been away at work but can get some tomorrow at Walmart

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Ok I got the DE and sprinkled it down. Neem oil is still on the way. I havnt done the Epsom salts yet as I’ve been away at work but can get some tomorrow at Walmart

I like to scratch it into the surface within the first inch deep.

CF89

CF89

And what does this stuff even do? It’s very hard to get at my soil with all the staples I’ve got down and the roots are also right at th surface. Some roots are even exposed. Seems like it could use more soil

what happens when I water it in a few days?

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
And what does this stuff even do? It’s very hard to get at my soil with all the staples I’ve got down and the roots are also right at th surface. Some roots are even exposed. Seems like it could use more soil

Basically this stuff tears up the larvae as they emerge and makes it treacherous for adult bugs (I believe). Hence why you want to scratch it in. And yes you want more material if the roots are that shallow imo.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Diatoms are a kind of algae with silica based cell walls. So its basically microscopic glass shards that cuts up the bugs.

CF89

CF89

Awesome. That’s good to know. So can I put too much? Does watering defeat the purpose?

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Awesome. That’s good to know. So can I put too much? Does watering defeat the purpose?
Watering does not defeat the purpose. Idk how much is too much tbh but I have read it can affect ph and so forth so I wouldn't like bury them lol. I just get thin coverage.

CF89

CF89

Well it seems like the aphids are getting stronger and multipliying

Of course the neem oil I bought comes from the uk and takes 8 weeks. So I had to order another bottle. It should be here in 3-4 days and hopefully takes care of those fuckers or else they would of been sprayed with it already.

CF89

CF89

Alright. Running outta patience here with these little pricks. One plant is covered in aphids. The stems were bad. So I took em in the shower and royally sprayed the fk outta them. The plants prob don’t like me. The aphids definitely don’t like me. But I don’t care. Don’t care if these plants even die. Just sick of never ending problems with them.

theyre gonna get another violent,cold, 2 minute blast when I get back home later too.

and probably another tomorrow.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

A vegging plant shouldn't mind getting whipped around like that. It will be fine, good luck with the aphids.

CF89

CF89

Technically it’s 3 days into flower haha. But that’s good to know. I got 90% of em off. I’m gonna only wash the one problem plant next time and then go from there.

Are aphids what’s causing that mucusy white dried up residue patches on the leaves?

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

No where near ready. Your allso giveing to much nutes or overwatering or whatnot.

CF89

CF89

It’s been 10 hours and they’ve fully recovered from their beat and battered state they were in this morning.

CF89

CF89

Found some more aphids so they got another hell of a spraying. At this point I don’t even need to water them. It’s a two in one system.

CF89

CF89

They are like 4 days into flower.

they got a hell of a trimming today as well as a pressure washing.

at what point do I need to stop spraying them? (The neem oil shows up in 3-4 days)

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

Hey, first of all, i havent read the other comments so if soneone already mentioned this then i apologize but your plants are in pain and i have to speak up for those little girls. You're giving them way too much nitrogen. The tips of the leaves getting burned like they are,along with dark green foliage is a tell tale sign of N toxicity. Too much N inhibits root growth and drastically impacts yield. Send me a message with what nutes youre using and how youre feeding them and i can help you get them back on track. As for your question, no its not "too early" to flower as long as shes sexed and you can see pistils you're good to flower. In some ScrOG setups clones are only in veg 1 week before switching to 12/12. BUT i highly recommend you get them healthy before switching to flower of you will suffer GREATLY diminished yields. Back off the nitrogen, add a little more phosohor and potassium and that should help them recover AND have an easier transition to flower. After doing this for 2 weeks, switch to bloom. Also, if youre feeding full strength nutes, you might want to use plain or RO water every other or every 3rd irrigation so that your nutes dont build up salts and become toxic as fast. Giving just water every other irrigarion lets them eat the rest of the food that is still in the soil before adding more. Hope this helps, sorry for the length. Hmm ive never had to apologize for my length before.....🤔😉😆

These are 6 weeks old. I’ve topped the one a few time’s. And did some LST on the others.

What would happen if I went to flower soon? It should I wait 2-3 more weeks?

CF89

CF89

Haha awesome post!! I’m not sure if you’re referring to the pics in the first post or the pics I’ve posted recently? I don’t think the tips are burnt anymore and I’ve now developed an aphid problem haha!!

CF89

CF89

Hey, first of all, i havent read the other comments so if soneone already mentioned this then i apologize but your plants are in pain and i have to speak up for those little girls. You're giving them way too much nitrogen. The tips of the leaves getting burned like they are,along with dark green foliage is a tell tale sign of N toxicity. Too much N inhibits root growth and drastically impacts yield. Send me a message with what nutes youre using and how youre feeding them and i can help you get them back on track. As for your question, no its not "too early" to flower as long as shes sexed and you can see pistils you're good to flower. In some ScrOG setups clones are only in veg 1 week before switching to 12/12. BUT i highly recommend you get them healthy before switching to flower of you will suffer GREATLY diminished yields. Back off the nitrogen, add a little more phosohor and potassium and that should help them recover AND have an easier transition to flower. After doing this for 2 weeks, switch to bloom. Also, if youre feeding full strength nutes, you might want to use plain or RO water every other or every 3rd irrigation so that your nutes dont build up salts and become toxic as fast. Giving just water every other irrigarion lets them eat the rest of the food that is still in the soil before adding more. Hope this helps, sorry for the length. Hmm ive never had to apologize for my length before.....🤔😉😆

this is what they were eating which we determined to be too strong at 950ppm so I am now only giving it half strength WHEN they’re fed. Last few watering have been pure water.

I think I have a ph problem too. No shortage of issues here

Top Bottom