Are we there yet? Brother's Grimm/Irie grow

• Thread starter mysticepipedon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Another girl, this time a Saka Souffle, started extreme praying between last night and this morning. (The lights are on from 9:00 PM - 10:00 AM.) Interestingly, The Convergence girl who was praying in the previous picture is no longer praying.
IMG 7447

If she's still in full hallelujah mode after today's dark period, I will move her to the side of the tent. She's nearly in the middle.

Scent Update!
They only finished their 3rd week of flower yesterday, but some of the gals have trichs. One of The Convergence girls has a powerful, pine scent, another is fruity. The Rhombus also has a scent, but it's pine + unidentified "green" scent. I'm sure the pine scents will develop further, but pinene is welcome here.

Last edited:
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Nice work up in there ! I tried the XX today burnt great nice uplifting head , but I prolly chopped a little early, wife said very citrus smelling but not pineapple at all This is just a 2 week cure or so - no big buds here when it goes in a jar it’s ready to be ground - no stems ,
The other pic is still going in a white fly infested tent! Not funny but she’s comin down soon.
No doubt urs I’d in a better environment gettin anxious to see your finished flowers !
Brothers Grimm also sells Cinderella Pineapple XX, so they must have gotten feedback from people who want that original scent.

I just looked at their website. Lots of tester packs going for $25 each that sound intriguing. I might have to get a few. Also, I missed out on Apollo 11 back when it came out. I might need Apollo XX. All this will depend on what I think of Cindy XX, so maybe I should just relax and not buy seeds for a minute.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Brothers Grimm also sells Cinderella Pineapple XX, so they must have gotten feedback from people who want that original scent.

I just looked at their website. Lots of tester packs going for $25 each that sound intriguing. I might have to get a few. Also, I missed out on Apollo 11 back when it came out. I might need Apollo XX. All this will depend on what I think of Cindy XX, so maybe I should just relax and not buy seeds for a minute.
I don’t think you will be disappointed- and can really ever have enuff seeds ? Lmao

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I don't know how to say this but I'll come right out and say it Fk you Moe! 😊I'm not getting a cell phone just to run my lights.....Its really the only app I've seen that inspires me to jump into the cell phone world but No I'm holding my ground No Dick Tracy world for me,,,,I know I'd need the lights too but I'd like to play with those controls 😁

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
It occurred to me that I can probably just add a timer with FR only to run about 30 minutes after the light goes out. I really have not seen what I can do with this, yet.
I'm just about to do that now, I've my red led lights strung around the perimeter on a timer 10 min before lights come on the reds will come on and stay on for 20 min...

Same at lights out they come on 10 min before lights go out staying on 10 min after lights out.....I'm flipping them on tomorrow night after the time changes tonight..

I did a demo run last night...looks cool.......I'm a bit afraid its going to stretch them more than I want although I don't think 20 min here there will do much....
img_4621-jpg.1339175

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I'm just about to do that now, I've my red led lights strung around the perimeter on a timer 10 min before lights come on the reds will come on and stay on for 20 min...

Same at lights out they come on 10 min before lights go out staying on 10 min after lights out.....I'm flipping them on tomorrow night after the time changes tonight..

I did a demo run last night...looks cool.......I'm a bit afraid its going to stretch them more than I want although I don't think 20 min here there will do much....
img_4621-jpg.1339175
Having the FR diodes on during flower did not cause excessive stretch for me, this time around. I got 2x - 2.5X. Some would have been 3X without the super cropping, but the breeder said it would be as much as 3X, so nothing unusual.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Having the FR diodes on during flower did not cause excessive stretch for me, this time around. I got 2x - 2.5X. Some would have been 3X without the super cropping, but the breeder said it would be as much as 3X, so nothing unusual.
The only reason I added that is because within a week I saw the difference they made in veg....They stretch up quicker than with just my T5 lights. I can't use them in veg, I run out of room too quickly with them on. So I thought I got em I might as well use them so I'm playing with dusk and dawn.....

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

The only reason I added that is because within a week I saw the difference they made in veg....They stretch up quicker than with just my T5 lights. I can't use them in veg, I run out of room too quickly with them on. So I thought I got em I might as well use them so I'm playing with dusk and dawn.....
The standard veg lighting recipe for the Raging Kush includes no FR at all, so they didn't get any until I flipped to flower.

All the plants in this grow are from seed, so I have no idea how they would normally stretch in a grow of mine, without FR. I'm sure it would be different without FR, I'm just saying it wasn't bad enough to worry about in the strains I'm growing.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

It's a "snow day" for me, so pics.

The girls insisted I do a group shot. They're at 3 weeks + 5 days of flower. No complaints from them, aside from, "She's touching me! DAD!" and, "She's blocking the light on one of my favorite bud site! DAD!"
IMG 7449

Threatening to turn this tent around just doesn't work on them, anymore. They know there is only one direction to travel now.

BTW, I don't know if I like it yet, but The Convergence looks like it would make a great SCROG plant. This girl was "super-cropped" once and could easily dominate 1/4 to 1/3 of the tent, if I didn't prune it. Almost all the buds you see within the red line, is from one plant.
IMG 7450

This is a Convergence plant that was not super-cropped and is in a 3 gallon, rather than 5 gallon, pot:
IMG 7451

Less spready, but still kind of spready, without super-cropping.

And the clones all made it. I only kept clones of the "regular" girls, The Convergence and Saka Souffle, plus the largest Cinderella XX. Even though all my clones root now, since I started using a "Turbo Cloner," I still take 2 of each, just in case. So there's also a pile of rooted clones to dump.
IMG 7452

The two up front, TC1 and TC2, were the last to root. One of them is from the large, spready plant, above, so being a great grower from seed really doesn't mean much about ease of cloning.

Until next week, Happy Growing.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Here's a worrisome development.
IMG 7453

One top on one plant (a Cinderella XX) is developing red, shriveled stigmas. I searched her and surrounding plants for male flowers, but found nothing. Nothing was sprayed on any of them. I wonder if it's from too intense light? She is near the center of the tent and this is her highest bud.

I may take her out tonight, [you know, out on the town! Show her a good time!] and go over her with a fine-toothed comb. This is the first glitch in a near-perfect grow.

Oh yeah, last night I pushed the light back up to 70% from 69% and this gal started with the upturned leaves. Amazing the way they all have their own maximum.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

No sign of male flowers on the Cinderella XX girl, but she is progressing. She must be one of those insanely fast phenos. I'm afraid she'll finish before she puts on much weight.
IMG 7456

All surrounding plants have all white stigmas. They're only at 4-1/2 weeks, so that's what I'd expect.

The other Cinderellas are also starting to turn. This is the big one -- the only one I cloned.
IMG 7459

This one smells fruity. It smells like it almost wants to produce some pineapple scents, but is not quite up to it.

The Convergence girls are looking a little juicier. I had to put ONE PLANT in a 3 gallon pot when I ran out of 5 gallon pots. Eenie-meanie-minie-moe selected this one. Turns out to have the biggest buds so far, as luck would have it.
IMG 7457

She smells like sweet pine, at this time. I have her clone, so if she turns out to be God's Gift to Stoners, she'll live on.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

It's the beginning of week 6, when buds are just beginning to look good and show future promise.
IMG 7467

A few are praying, but they show no other signs that the light might be too bright, so let 'em pray. For those of you who saw Cecil B. DeMille's The Ten Commandments, I have Edward G. Robinson's character's voice in my head, saying, "Where's your Messiah now?" in his gangster voice.
IMG 7468

The Cinderella XX girls will likely finish first. Two are fairly small plants, but the third can compete in size with The Convergence. She also smells great.
IMG 7469

She's slightly yellower than her tent mates, because she go Roots Original soil, while the rest got the Just Add Water soil mix. No point in trying to boost the nitrogen now.

The Rhombus seems to have developed a freak leaf. Naturally I chopped the entire grow. The horror of that freak leaf was too much for me to handle.
IMG 7471

One parent of The Rhombus is Chemdog #4. Must be a leafy plant.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Scent update:

Things are developing.
Cinderella XX: Very "fruity," but I can't identify any particular fruit. Definitely not pineapple or lemon.

The Convergence: Since I have 6 of these girls, there's some variation. All the ones that smelled piney now smell lemony + pine, which smells sort of like Lemon Pledge or some kind of lemon scented cleaner. Some smell of sweet lemon, and one smells like... [drum roll, please]... dryer sheets.

Saka Souffle: One smells kind of minty, while another has a "cookies" kind of baked goods smell.

The Rhombus: One smells fruity and sweet. Not sure about the other yet.

You may now return to your previous activities.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Today marks the end of 7 weeks of flower. Buds are starting to look respectable.

This is the big Cinderalla XX. She's fading a bit faster than the other plants. It seems to be related to timely addition of nitrogen, early in flower. This gal didn't get it, but she's got some nice buds. Great fruity scent.
IMG 7513

This The Convergence girl (ya know, I'm getting a little sick of talking about strain names that start with "The.") is one of the odd ones that smells like a dryer sheet. I'm guessing she leans toward the Jack the Ripper parent, structure-wise. I have two of these dryer sheet-smelling girls. sure hope I like dryer sheet weed.
IMG 7512

The Rhombus (fucking "the" again!) is looking frosty. She smells like a combo of fruit and cattle feedlot.
IMG 7510

Here she is from the side.
IMG 7511

And finally, the more mature girl of the tent, the "fast" Cinderella XX:
IMG 7509

She's still putting on weight, so my thoughts of chopping her at 8 weeks are starting to disappear. She's going 9.

I don't see any of the others being chopped before 10 weeks, and some will surely go 11 or 12. Anyway, things are looking good. My clippers will be busy in May.

steamroller

steamroller

Those look great man! Just beautiful.
You got it going on for sure. 💪

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Those look great man! Just beautiful.
You got it going on for sure. 💪
After my last grow, which introduced me to lockout, first hand, this one is fantastic. But they're all grown essentially free form, with some super cropping to control height. there's no question a better yield can be had with a more thoughtful grow.

If I grow Convergence again, it will be a SCROG. That plant cries out for it.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

A 7.5 week update.

A group shot of the girls.
IMG 7519

If I don't do another seed run next grow, I'll have to work on a more even canopy.

This is the same Cinderella XX girl in the last pic in my previous picture post, at almost the same angle (a fan leaf was removed). She seems to still be putting on weight.
CindyXX 75weeks

And here's her sister, "Big Cindy." She's much taller than the other two, competing with The Convergence in height.
BigCindyXXwk75

And this is the same Rhombus bud from above.
TheRhombus75weeks

Rhombus is NOT a huge producer, but the compact buds look delectable. Still smells fruity with a background of stank. Cinderella XX is a fruit-a-thon.

It is so tempting to take down one of the Cinderella girls, but the clock has not struck midnight for them yet. The most mature one will not be coming down at week 8. It will be more like week 9. So after tax day. I might be able to declare some of these as dependents.

S

Stonemason7767

Wow bro looking great. How strong is the smell on the new Cinderella. My uncle.grew the Cinderella 99 years ago it was his favorite strain to.grow,but damn you could smell it from a country block away. To stinky for my space.he has since passed I always think of him when I see a cut of it.nominated it for p.o.t.m. hope you win..great job.

Latest posts

Top Bottom