****attention chem d growers****

• Thread starter Rushoe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Venom818

Venom818

ok so we can eliminate the revvged plant thing. i was just taking a shot in the dark as i havent had it happen to me. are you doing the same feeds as well?

yeah no problem your just trying to help im confused myself they look perfectly healthy but dont have the bud development.No we dont feed the same.the only thing that i thought was wrong was a little to much N and that was like a month ago so dont think thats still the problem his plants are a darker green than mine but then again there not the same strain.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
not the same strain? are they both Chemdog D? or your not running Chemdog D this round? i would back off anything with higer N and start hitting them with bloom nutes maybe that will help.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
acutally i did see soemthing liek this happen once to a buddy. he turned on the lights early one time to show people and forget to reset the timer and the light stayed on for 24 hours for like 3 days in a row

Rushoe

Rushoe

thanx everyone for the feed back I am just so lost still on the whole thing....Gonna cut the bloom like og only said and take it from there..full strength on the bloom boosters lets see what happends I was really thinking of just starting over this had made me really unhappy...

Venom818

Venom818

not the same strain? are they both Chemdog D? or your not running Chemdog D this round? i would back off anything with higer N and start hitting them with bloom nutes maybe that will help.

nope im running different strains ,im not running Chemdog D at all this run.I agree maybe a what ogonly said a good flush and bloom boosters.Im really stuck on this shit myself they look super healthy but the bud development isnt there

Rushoe

Rushoe

is this chem plant bigger then your last 1? only reason i ask is the less tops the faster the bud comes in. they look a little over a week behind, is there anything u did to stress em so far? as far as i saw they look healthy. Chemdog D is a weird plant i have a clone that looks horrible with the tmv lookin leaves that is growing at light speed and healthy ones veggin lil slower than normal. have u done anything different with this one?

only thing i changed was the base nutes from gh to cutting edge.

Rushoe

Rushoe

my fucken ph meter is all fucked up I was trying to test with the ph 7 solution and its jumping all over the place not sure wtf is going on and it looks like my ppm is outa wach also....this is really fucked now...

K

kes5480

my fucken ph meter is all fucked up I was trying to test with the ph 7 solution and its jumping all over the place not sure wtf is going on and it looks like my ppm is outa wach also....this is really fucked now...

well that could be the problem...but the plants look VERY healthy just behind...
we gotta get this figured out...keep us posted bro///

QleanerQuest

QleanerQuest

I believe EveryOneSmoke's nailed it. Super nitrogen rich. Its apparent by deep coloration and purple petioles. That richness can slow the transition into flowering signifigantly. Lockup is another factor too at this point Im sure. I start cutting my nirto down a bit 2 weeks before I begin flowering. Increase phos slowly. Next run should be a lot smoother. Good advice from evryone!!!

Rushoe

Rushoe

ok so trying to figure out what to do here with this mess I have I guess a light feeding would do her some good to get rid off some of the salts built up if any I havent checked so with next feeding I will give them a light feeding and check the run off and ph like Empire had said a few post back I checked the ppm of some run off I had from the last feeding and my meter read 1800 1900 so I know that is way outa wack i know its my meter cuz I checked my tap witch is always 240 and now the meter reads 120 so forsure I have to work on getting a ppm and ph meter fast.Thanx everyone for the help its gonna take some time so see how she is gonna react to everything it may or maynot work only time will tell wish me luck.

QleanerQuest

QleanerQuest

Hey no prob dude that's what we are here for! I would personally attack the situation by continuous flush until you reach acceptable ppm's. I'd bring runoff ppm's pretty low because they're stressed. Say 800 ppm or so till you get full recovery. When I use organic mediums with retention properties , I feed one watering, flush the next.(Sometimes back to back feedings during weeks 4 and 5, but not SUPER heavy.) When I use hydroponic/areoponic methods, I use Hydroton. The frequency of watering/feedings change. My peak ppm's are between 1200-1500ppm. I flush those pots everytime I change the nutrient solution in the reserviour, because of possible salt buildup due to evaporation. Evaporation can play a huge role too. As the water evaporates, your ppm's increase and your PH drops. Both effecting how well your plants nutrient intake is, let alone its life!!! But I mark my res levels now to identify evaporation also. Sorry to ramble !!!

EveryOneSmokes

EveryOneSmokes

ok so trying to figure out what to do here with this mess I have I guess a light feeding would do her some good to get rid off some of the salts built up if any I havent checked so with next feeding I will give them a light feeding and check the run off and ph like Empire had said a few post back I checked the ppm of some run off I had from the last feeding and my meter read 1800 1900 so I know that is way outa wack i know its my meter cuz I checked my tap witch is always 240 and now the meter reads 120 so forsure I have to work on getting a ppm and ph meter fast.Thanx everyone for the help its gonna take some time so see how she is gonna react to everything it may or maynot work only time will tell wish me luck.

Good thing you got That issue under control... Dr frost and I were trying to figure it out and we came up with a few scenarios... this was same thing i was talking about earlier had to change the probe on my Hanna everything started to recoup but I was late in flower with salt build up so had to take a loss... hope it all works out you still have some time... Let us know how they react and what ur Ph and ppm were before and after you adjust...

Rushoe

Rushoe

Hey no prob dude that's what we are here for! I would personally attack the situation by continuous flush until you reach acceptable ppm's. I'd bring runoff ppm's pretty low because they're stressed. Say 800 ppm or so till you get full recovery. When I use organic mediums with retention properties , I feed one watering, flush the next.(Sometimes back to back feedings during weeks 4 and 5, but not SUPER heavy.) When I use hydroponic/areoponic methods, I use Hydroton. The frequency of watering/feedings change. My peak ppm's are between 1200-1500ppm. I flush those pots everytime I change the nutrient solution in the reserviour, because of possible salt buildup due to evaporation. Evaporation can play a huge role too. As the water evaporates, your ppm's increase and your PH drops. Both effecting how well your plants nutrient intake is, let alone its life!!! But I mark my res levels now to identify evaporation also. Sorry to ramble !!!

I hear u man I know that with this thing everything plays a good role so I am gonna try to keep a very close eye on everything and try to nurse her back to the proper growing stage gonna start with kicking out the new nutes I was using and swap back to normal gh micro and bloom at a light dose as a few ppl seem to say that would help and it makes perfect sense so I guess just some calmag or epsom salts with base nutes for now should I still add my Ginormous? And if anyone knows a good shop to get a new meter in the sfv.

Rushoe

Rushoe

Good thing you got That issue under control... Dr frost and I were trying to figure it out and we came up with a few scenarios... this was same thing i was talking about earlier had to change the probe on my Hanna everything started to recoup but I was late in flower with salt build up so had to take a loss... hope it all works out you still have some time... Let us know how they react and what ur Ph and ppm were before and after you adjust...

yeah for sure tomorrow maybe I gonna have to feed and try to go for there....I am gonna talk more to OGONLY about what he had recommended maybe I am running to much bloom as he said so I wanna get some more details on how to approach the bloom with the bloom boosters.I will fix this with everyones help here thanx again everyone

Rushoe

Rushoe

And maybe someone could recommend a strategy on how to go about feeding my coco as to when to flush and or light dose of nutes whatever I think u guys get what I am trying to say...I would think maybe every 5 feedings or so???for veg but would that work for flowering plants as well???

E

Empire

this is why a lot of good folks dont come around here anymore.. the misinformation spread by rookies is incredible.

like i stated in my first post. your problem is you have made a mess of your medium. your ph and ec is out of wack, and your plants arent growing because of it. they will sit there and do nothing for a few weeks, then start to ripen and finish their cycle.

if you want to try and get her back on track, then u need to flush with a mild nutrient solution at 5.7ph. if your in a 3 gallon pot then u need to put 9 gallons of water through each pot.. then check your runoff and see where the medium is at. if its not right, guess what, more water.

your not allowing enough runoff for your feeds with coco. coco needs a shit ton of runoff unless ur doing weekly flushes. 25-35% runoff is completely normal for coco and you want to do really heavy feeds to flush out salts.

your plants might not be showing a deficiency, but that doesnt matter. they dont have to initially. they will eventually though if you dont act now. and honestly i think its far worse for the plant to just sit there and not do anything rather then show some deficiencies so u know something is up, make the proper adjustment and move on.

this is why u should be doing runoff checks with every watering. your runoff is everything, and tells u how u should be watering. ESPECIALLY WITH COCO.

your plant will take at least a week to start growing again, and it wont yield much at all by the time its done. you cant just "add more time" to a plant and expect it to finish like a plant that wasnt fucked up and stressed. it doesnt work like that. u can give it another week or two extra but its not going to be anywhere near what a healthy happy plant would have been.

cutting out the bloom nutes is one of the worst suggestions ive heard. that is almost the exact opposite of what u would want to do. u want to cut the bloom boosters, and give them a light feed as a flush. then u need to recharge the medium after its flushed because of cocos CEC.

its pretty easy to post problems online and get overwhelmed with all the suggestions that will just steer you in a completely wrong way. especially when its a bunch of growers who have only been doin this a couple years pulling advise out of their asses.

just my .02.. ill leave you guys to it.

Rushoe

Rushoe

this is why a lot of good folks dont come around here anymore.. the misinformation spread by rookies is incredible.

like i stated in my first post. your problem is you have made a mess of your medium. your ph and ec is out of wack, and your plants arent growing because of it. they will sit there and do nothing for a few weeks, then start to ripen and finish their cycle.

if you want to try and get her back on track, then u need to flush with a mild nutrient solution at 5.7ph. if your in a 3 gallon pot then u need to put 9 gallons of water through each pot.. then check your runoff and see where the medium is at. if its not right, guess what, more water.

your not allowing enough runoff for your feeds with coco. coco needs a shit ton of runoff unless ur doing weekly flushes. 25-35% runoff is completely normal for coco and you want to do really heavy feeds to flush out salts.

your plants might not be showing a deficiency, but that doesnt matter. they dont have to initially. they will eventually though if you dont act now. and honestly i think its far worse for the plant to just sit there and not do anything rather then show some deficiencies so u know something is up, make the proper adjustment and move on.

this is why u should be doing runoff checks with every watering. your runoff is everything, and tells u how u should be watering. ESPECIALLY WITH COCO.

your plant will take at least a week to start growing again, and it wont yield much at all by the time its done. you cant just "add more time" to a plant and expect it to finish like a plant that wasnt fucked up and stressed. it doesnt work like that. u can give it another week or two extra but its not going to be anywhere near what a healthy happy plant would have been.

cutting out the bloom nutes is one of the worst suggestions ive heard. that is almost the exact opposite of what u would want to do. u want to cut the bloom boosters, and give them a light feed as a flush. then u need to recharge the medium after its flushed because of cocos CEC.

its pretty easy to post problems online and get overwhelmed with all the suggestions that will just steer you in a completely wrong way. especially when its a bunch of growers who have only been doin this a couple years pulling advise out of their asses.

just my .02.. ill leave you guys to it.

Right there man thanx you know ur shit for sure bro everything u have said fits right into my situation a noob mistake I should have known better but I wanna deal with this and move on like u said so....How would this work can I give them a flush even though the coco is still wet from last nites feeding????And what would my light feeding/flush be looking like ppm wise and as far as nutes go would I just be using the base micro and bloom ????And how often should I flush my coco with in flower I guess when I see that the ppms are coming out way higher then when they go in right? for base I was using 5 calmag 6milil micro and 12 milil bloom per gallon the calmag has been taking out in exchange for epsom salts since micro and plenty ca already should my base be lower or can I stay at 6/12 once I am back on track or would be to much bloom in my mix cuz I do wanna use my ginormous (0-18-16) SO I was thinking maybe when and if they kick outa this I would hit them with 5 micro 10 bloom and maybe 1 mili of ginormous that stuff runs kinda hot...

Rushoe

Rushoe

Just did flush right now I did 5 gallons at a time so the 1st plant came out with a ppm of 1500 and the next one came out at 2200 ppm lol damn talk about some salt build up the ph was a bit low as well it was coming out 5.2/5.3 just ran about 3 gallons to each bucket some really good run off for sure I know I should have ran some more water but that all the ro I had one hand I will get some more and continue to flush till I reach about 7 or 800 ppm I guess.Just using Epsom salts with floraklean for my flush since its such heavy build up I hope the next two feeding will take care of the problem I have and things will start to take off soon I hope. I was taking a closed look and seems to me that maybe she is of track by like 10 days or so...

OGONLY

OGONLY

Rushoe I would cut out the epsom salts for your flush. They won't hurt, but its kind of counterintuitive. You're trying to flush out salts, yet you are adding some at the same time. Epsom salts do add PPM to a nutrient solution. Trust me man, there is plenty of magnesium still in your medium. All that salt that you are flushing out contains tons of elements, most of which are already too concentrated.

I'd say flush em again like you did last night and you should be good to go with resuming your feedings.

Rushoe

Rushoe

Rushoe I would cut out the epsom salts for your flush. They won't hurt, but its kind of counterintuitive. You're trying to flush out salts, yet you are adding some at the same time. Epsom salts do add PPM to a nutrient solution. Trust me man, there is plenty of magnesium still in your medium. All that salt that you are flushing out contains tons of elements, most of which are already too concentrated.

I'd say flush em again like you did last night and you should be good to go with resuming your feedings.

ok koo so just plain water maybe some floraklean?

Top Bottom