ATTN: Advanced Nutrients Users

• Thread starter chief greenleaf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

Oregonic

Dude, I was all about this thread until the fucking drama, bitching and long winded posts offering no info took over. A person can't even attempt humor with out a preachy post defending god knows what and this is better then that.

IMHO, This is another dead thread that is offering NO information, just another fucking pissing match...... am I the only one that is noticing this happening to a lot of threads lately?

I wish you the best chief, btw my post wasn't to say that you needed more light... shit man it wasn't about U at all ;) it was to say that for most people that extra money could be spent in a better way that would get a bigger yield, you know for all of us out there that don't have a perfect setup :)

Peace, Love and Happiness :)

C

chief greenleaf

Oregonic I completely agree with you man. Through out this entire thread Ive had ta deal with post after post that have absolutely nothing to offer but wasted space. People see a thread w/AN in the title and just have ta tell me that Advanced Nutrients sucks and is a waste of money or that Big Mike is a liar and a thief. But if you read my original post I started this thread to find good substitutes for AN additives that could help save people some cash, thats it. Nothing in the title or original post asked for anyones opinion of AN but I guess thats my fault for putting "Advanced Nutrients" in the title.
Your right man this is a dead thread and I almost had it closed but suprisingly a few folks claimed to have gotten some good info out of it. I dont know whats happenin to a lot of the threads but Ive been noticing a lot of hostility lately. And Ive also been noticing that anybody that tries ta start a thread concearning AN gets instantly attacked for no good reason at all, and mass people on this site are fuckin sick of it and Ive gotten about 20 pm's since this thread went ta shit tellin me so.
So for the 20th time lets see if we cant get this thread back on track, if you dont have any AN substitutions or at least some good info to contribute dont post. No more fuckin opinions about AN, theyve officially filled this thread with nothing but BS.

Oregonic I know you werent tryin ta say that I needed more light, I was just tryin ta make a point. Of course you could drop that money on other things that could also increase production but we were talkin about nutrients. All I was sayin is that if spendin an extra couple hundred bucks on nutes will increase your yield by $400 bucks it makes sense ta do so. I look at that like Im losing $200 bucks by not making that initial investment. You can say that about bulbs or ballasts o rhydro systems or anything that might help increase your yield. I wasnt tryin ta be an asshole at all man and I apologize if I came off like one. If you read thru this whole god forsaken thread youll see that Ive been dealin with a shit ton of posts that have absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand, most of them being pretty negative in nature if not downright hostile. So you might understand my frustration this thread and the direction its gone.
Peace and Love right back at ya homie

C

chief greenleaf

here's my .02: generalhydro 3 part is cheaper than shit and works great have tried AN for 4 cycles and last time when I bought nutes I spent $770 on AN this time $220 on GH 3 part plus some ammenities I really don't notice $550 worth of difference bro so I don't feel the extra $$$ is worth it at the end of my day......IMO these are my experiences...

Billy thats what Im talkin about man, good useful info that we can use! If you spent an extra $550 on AN and didnt see at least a 2-3 oz increase in yeild then its def not worth spendin the extra money. It might not seem that way in my posts but Im a bit skeptical about AN myself. A 10-20% increase in yield from nutes alone would be very impressive ta say the least! But Ive seen enough good results ta make me curious enough ta try em for myself, and we'll all see the results in my journal. So Im curious ta know what kind of a difference in yield did you see between GH and AN, did ya keep track of the numbers at all??? Much of a difference in potency or taste?
If your not totally satisfied with the results your gettin w/GH, Ive got a great line thats just as cheap maybe even less and its way lower in salt content. The Tecnaflora BC line minus the Awesome Blossom with the 3 Fox Farm Solubles in its place (Open Sesame, Beastie Bloomz, and Cha Ching) Ive had several friends switch over from GH and PBP and have never looked back. I love it but Im always lookin for new ways ta improve things and I love experimenting w/new nute lines!

iamgrowerman

iamgrowerman

I don't get all the hate. I use Advanced Nutrients, so I know how well it works.

The only explanation I can guess at is that at least a lot of the people who are vehemently opposed to AN either never tried it, or didn't get it dialed in.

Because if they'd seen the increase in yield I got, they'd be converts like me.

1stimer

1stimer

AN

I am on my third grow and all I have used is AN. I don't use the whole line though.
-A-B
-B-52
-Big Bud
-Bud candy
-Bloom buster-(first 2 weeks)
-Overdrive-(Week 6-7)
Then I use Hydrozym, myco madness, and aqua sheild in place of sensizym, piranah, tranchula, and voodo juice.
This is how I got started out and I have beeen getting good results as far as I am concerned, my brother uses Canna products and gets good results so I guess to each his own. I think as long as your happy with your results and every crop gets better and better then keep doing what your doing. I have been doing this for a very short time compared to most on this site, but I have noticed a lot of people have a problem with AN and I am not sure why, I haven't switched because I have had no reason to.

click80

click80

Hay there chief, dont sweat all of the advanced haters on here bro, just do what I do, laugh at them and shake ur head, and just tell them to leave the advanced nutes for US Advanced growers, and they can keep using there generic nutes for there generic grows, hahaha, all the haters dont have a clew...BP

You hit the nail on the head with that one..ya gotta walk before you can run...im happy with Technoflora for now...i want to use AN but im busy rereading my bio books, org chem, understanding respiration, transpiration, what happens when the lights come on and what happens when they go out, the Calvin Cycle blah blah...only then, imo, can a person start amping things up; especially pushing the envelope with nutes...

And props for this thread, whoever, ill rep ya. Yeah there is a lot of AN hating but i still got some good info out of it...

LBH

LBH

The only explanation I can guess at is that at least a lot of the people who are vehemently opposed to AN either never tried it, or didn't get it dialed in.

Or .........maybe they have a thing about their hard earned money. I used AN for 2 yrs, switched to Fox Farm and will NEVER be a sucker for those prices again.

no big increase or decrease in yield, nothing "special" there at all.

I wouldn't call it hating, not at all, I appreciate ANY company willing to assist with what we do. I view the whole issue like I would any other purchase. I've compared and tried a few different products and went with the best value. Not saying AN sucks, but it's not worth the $$ when you can get the exact same results, sometimes a little less, sometimes a little more,....for a heck of a lot less $.

And if your doin shit right you shouldnt be worried about the cost of nutes either!

Really????? Need a car?

I have a 1988 Toyotta corrolla that will definitely get you to work and back.

for you.....$60k.

If you know what you're doing, it'll get you to work just like the BMW you could have for the same money. Price is irrelevant, right?

Like said above,....AN is the "Apple" of Cannabis

I'll stick with my Evo 4G :)

Hay there chief, dont sweat all of the advanced haters on here bro, just do what I do, laugh at them and shake ur head, and just tell them to leave the advanced nutes for US Advanced growers, and they can keep using there generic nutes for there generic grows,

Oh goodness,lol. Had I known years ago that I would never be an "advanced grower" unless I used overpriced plant food, I would have never invested in all this gear that cranks out bud monthly. Wish I met you sooner,lmao.

this thread is providing some quality entertainment, I must say.

hahaha, all the haters dont have a clew...BP

does that mean all the AN users don't know how to spell??

Spellcheck is free, use it. Your opinion might hold little water if you wrote something intelligent and actually spelled the easy words correctly. Unfortunately though.......

C

croniholic

I have a question for all of the AN users here.

1) do you guys just follow the AN nutrient guide?
2) Anyone use AN with promix? What Ph do you use?

Thanks in advance. I have used AN for a while and I am satisfied, but always trying to get better.

LBH

LBH

Im always lookin for new ways ta improve things and I love experimenting w/new nute lines!

I have a neighbor doing great things with the Biocanna stuff. I like the ph buffer idea,....might be giving them a run sometime soon but again,....the price.....

There is only so much $ you can throw into nutes before it is no longer cost justified (assuming yield is your goal)

Once you reach a certain point, it is a better business decision to use same nutes and add another light.

click80

click80

Good Golly Molly....what is with this thread and the sarcasm....i feel bad that i woke it back up....no posts for months and then......jesus christ in a handbasket, are we in kindygarten???

I mean come on who has the time for spelchek??? think ill go say a few hundred hail marys as penance for waking this shit up....i guess some AN hater will bash me for not using spelchek and that im Catholik....:anim_44:

LBH

LBH

Good Golly Molly....what is with this thread and the sarcasm....i feel bad that i woke it back up....no posts for months and then......jesus christ in a handbasket, are we in kindygarten???

I mean come on who has the time for spelchek??? think ill go say a few hundred hail marys as penance for waking this shit up....i guess some AN hater will bash me for not using spelchek and that im Catholik....:anim_44:

Just saying, if you're trying to make an intelligent point, make sure everything on the screen isn't underlined in red. Not hard.

D

Disco Duck

I looked into maybe trying different nutes for my second grow. I have used GH 3part with all the addatives (their "expert" chart). So I used everything except Subculture B & M because I didn't know about them when I started. I am still about 2 weeks away from harvesting my first grow, but the plants look and smell great and the buds are like rocks if you try to squeeze them. As long as they taste good in the end, it seems like really awesome stuff. So, because I have done so well using the full GH lineup in the end I decided to stick with GH and throw in the Subculture next time around too. I haven't decided yet for sure, but I will probably replace liquid Koolbloom with Hammerhead and dry Koolbloom with MOAB on next time just to see the difference. I've read so many good things about that booster combo I will probably try it.

I also am the type that wants to use the full lineup. I am no botanist or scientist, so I'd prefer to rely on those who are and stick with their formula. So when I went looking at other nutes in the end H&G and AN were the only other ones I was considering, both having "full" lineups. Had I decided to try something else, it would have been H&G. AN is just too many products. I have no interest in a 20 bottle line of nutrients. I am not a "hater", and have almost no experience as a grower. I'm not talking about quality or yield. Just, as a marketing point AN really needs to deal with, they need to understand that lay people like the OP and I want a "full lineup" of nutes to feel safe from deficiencies and to know the plant is getting everything it wants. AN is making some like me just rule them out based solely on the number of products in their lineup.

Do I use Hammerhead or Overdrive, they have two liquid bud boosters? Do I use all the bottles with "Bud" in the title, or just some of them? There are like 20 bottles in their lineup, I'm just not willing to measure that many things into the water on a regular basis. They are hurting themselves by the number of products in their lineup. Could Tarantula and Pirahna actuall all be in one bottle, if so they should do that. If all that stuff truly is necessary, they need to comine it down into no more than 10 bottles, 8 would be better. I bet they'd make up in volume what they'd lose in trying to sell all those extra bottles.

I don't know how well AN compares to other nutes, I'm a newb. As a newb, I rule AN out on the number of products in their lineup alone (not the cost), as I am sure many others do as well. If they offered an 8-10 bottle lineup I almost certainly would be shelving the GH and trying the AN next time just to see the difference, but with their 20+ bottle lineup I don't even consider them, it would be H&G if anything, but I've done well so I'm just going to stick with GH. Not saying they are better, just that as a newb it worked so I'll stick with it for now:-)

B

Buddy Flowers

"1) do you guys just follow the AN nutrient guide?
2) Anyone use AN with promix? What Ph do you use?"

1) No my base is Pure Blend Pro and I do not use all of AN's additives

2) Yes, I have used the BX and am switching to HP. I pH between 5.8-6.0

O

ookiimata

Disco Duck: First off, if you're getting good results with your current nutes, you may want to just try small variable changes, such as the MOAB or Hammerhead you mentioned, rather than a whole new nute line. I know how fun it is to experiment with new and different nutes, but unless you can afford to have a sub-par crop next time around, it may not be worth the risk. Just my opinion. If you've got enough personal to get you through a less than great harvest (in case the new nutes cause you problems), go for it.
On AN's website, they have four or five different nute package recommendations. The "Hobbyist" level is only like five bottles. I think it's Sensi Grow/Bloom or 3 Part for the basic nutes, B-52, Voodoo Juice, Big Bud, and maybe one other. The Voodoo Juice is the really, really expensive one. I've played around with their nutes before, but have never used the Voodoo Juice, so I can't comment on if it's worth the price or not. But if you're feeling overwhelmed by the number of their offerings, I'd suggest you pick one of the recommended packages and use all the nutes they tell you to that you can afford and justify in terms of yield v. investment in nutes.

chroniholic: If you're asking if I add the recommended concentration of nutes to my res, then no. I've used AN in two harvests, and I never used the full amount (ml) of product they recommend. This could have just been that the strain I was growing did not require as many, though, so you'll have to keep on eye on your girls. The general rule of thumb is to play it safe and use less. Easy to bump up the concentration if the plants tell you they're hungry for something. In a general hydro book I have, they recommend using 30-50% nute strength. They claim that this will almost always be adequate. Of course, because the book is targeted to general crops (tomatoes, cukes, peppers) and not specifically to one plant, a high-demanding plant and strain may need more, and because of the nature of what some people here are usually growing, final product quantity and quality are usually held to a higher standard than someone growing tomatoes.

S

stillcantroll

AN's base nutrients are well made, and are decently priced, but that's about all you can say about the company. They are just such a shady, crappy company. They change labels on their products every few months as per a loophole in the product regulatory system, in order to keep it on the shelves. They tell you you'll gain 10-20% in yields GUARENTEED on each of these silly-bugger additive combos. When you add them together, you're GAURENTEED 100% gains over just basic nutrients. Is anyone stupid enough to believe that? If you think a bunch of additives are going to get you anywhere near what dailing in your environment will get you, you're kidding yourself. I encourage anyone else who's been looped into buying 15 different products for one single type of plant to run a side by side in your own setup. If that's not possible, then do two consecutive grows... the first with just sensi bloom, or 3 part, and then the second with all the ridiculous additives. When you prove yourself wrong, come back and let us know, we'll be here waiting with our 30$ / pound nutrient costs.

It's all about the salts, genetics and environment, period.

I

ibTheMan

Dam with all that shit your crop best be huge just to pay for all that stuff, plus you need alot of time just to mix it.lol

I

ibTheMan

AN's base nutrients are well made, and are decently priced, but that's about all you can say about the company. They are just such a shady, crappy company. They change labels on their products every few months as per a loophole in the product regulatory system, in order to keep it on the shelves. They tell you you'll gain 10-20% in yields GUARENTEED on each of these silly-bugger additive combos. When you add them together, you're GAURENTEED 100% gains over just basic nutrients. Is anyone stupid enough to believe that? If you think a bunch of additives are going to get you anywhere near what dailing in your environment will get you, you're kidding yourself. I encourage anyone else who's been looped into buying 15 different products for one single type of plant to run a side by side in your own setup. If that's not possible, then do two consecutive grows... the first with just sensi bloom, or 3 part, and then the second with all the ridiculous additives. When you prove yourself wrong, come back and let us know, we'll be here waiting with our 30$ / pound nutrient costs.

It's all about the salts, genetics and environment, period.

LOL, your dam right, No one can prove mix n 10 different products makes anything better, i mean way back before any of these new ferts where out the weed was great.
It started at 2 part,then 3, now im mix n 6 Part!!!!!! This shit cost a ton Too!, unless your a Scientist With a Degree and a Mass Spec, how do you know whats best for my set up, or joeshmoes set up, YOU CANT.

We should all make ferts for ah live n that increase all yield 500% (lol someone will believe it), there the ones make n all the cash.

So it comes down to Add what ever you want to your weed, But Dialed in All Areas is where its at, not just $500 in fert and additives. IMHO

By the way why is the best fert always the newwest most expensive fert at the store? lol Cause There Salespeople, Yes some are better then others, buts which one the Best for YOU is the Question.
So find your own answer.

M

Motherhugger

LOL, your dam right, No one can prove mix n 10 different products makes anything better, i mean way back before any of these new ferts where out the weed was great.
It started at 2 part,then 3, now im mix n 6 Part!!!!!! This shit cost a ton Too!, unless your a Scientist With a Degree and a Mass Spec, how do you know whats best for my set up, or joeshmoes set up, YOU CANT.

We should all make ferts for ah live n that increase all yield 500% (lol someone will believe it), there the ones make n all the cash.

So it comes down to Add what ever you want to your weed, But Dialed in All Areas is where its at, not just $500 in fert and additives. IMHO

By the way why is the best fert always the newwest most expensive fert at the store? lol Cause There Salespeople, Yes some are better then others, buts which one the Best for YOU is the Question.
So find your own answer.

Yeah, lots going on in this response.

So, every nutrient company will tell you to buy all of their products. No different than Apple telling you to buy all of their products. They want to make money. Duh.

A smart grower is one that thinks for him or herself. You need to think about what works best for you. I'm sure there are plenty of people who can use a whole bunch of products without getting confused. I'm not one of those people.

What I think people need to focus on is that they don't ever HAVE to do anything with nutes. What you do need to do is think for yourself and see what works for you.

What works for me? Advanced Nutrients.

Yes, I could go out and spend a bunch of money, but I'm not a sheep that just blindly buys things because ads say I should. I buy what works.

This argument about whether more nutes are better than less nutes, or if more light is all that is needed, is a pointless conversation.

Everyone has their own experience. Everyone is right and no one is right.

Even me.

LBH

LBH

Yes, I could go out and spend a bunch of money, but I'm not a sheep

I don't get it, you're already using one of the priciest lines out there.......

I have the exact same line of thinking but my idea of "spending a bunch of money" is.....using AN

The money I've saved since going back to FF is the bottom line for me. Yields are right on track, just lots more $$ back in my pocket now.

aeroman

aeroman

1) do you guys just follow the AN nutrient guide?

The online calculator, sure. I use that as a starting point, but I'm rarely running all the additives and my strain doesn't need as much ppm as they recommend, so I make adjustments accordingly.

I would say to use it as a guide, but not a strict one. That's true of anything out there, though. No one bottling a nute is gonna know exactly how much you're gonna need, they just ballpark it.

Everyone's garden is different, and how much your plants will eat depends on a LOT of different things.

2) Anyone use AN with promix? What Ph do you use?.

Sorry, I can't help there.

I don't get it, you're already using one of the priciest lines out there.......

It isn't if you factor in the per gallon or per liter application rate. There's several that cost more than AN. Some of AN's products are pricier than others in terms of usage rate compared to their competition, some are downright cheap.

Maybe he's done the math and is using the cheaper stuff? Maybe he's getting more yield and factors that in?

The money I've saved since going back to FF is the bottom line for me. Yields are right on track, just lots more $$ back in my pocket now.

See, now I could never get FF to perform well enough for me to have it compete with AN. Sure, I could safe a few bucks at the store but I was going back for new bottles more often and I wasn't seeing comparable yields so it was really costing me more in the long run.

I think that's what Motherhugger was trying to say - sometimes a product just works better for a certain grower's style.

Top Bottom