ATTN: Advanced Nutrients Users

• Thread starter chief greenleaf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rev Remedy

Rev Remedy

AN is quality for sure...I'm a H&G guy myself...subbing overdrive for shooting pdr and add bud candy....I like the consistency. I just don't like the fact that AN has sooooooo many different products to complete the line!!! All great stuff but there's really no reason to separate into 20 different products....H & G....Aqua Flakes A & B with about 5 or 6 supplements.... feed to drain smarty's and all's beautiful....Best of luck to all!!!!!

tokinupon1

tokinupon1

I've been Using an line in pro mix for a whiles good stuff I've used the full line and it is a tad over kill I think. Voodoo is great stuff works wonders for roots in veg and early flower I only use it for the first flower week. I've been using the sensi 2 part for a year and a half, trantula and bud blood I quit using just wasn't impressed. Bud candy is great expecially since they re did it and made carbo load part of it, there ppms are a tad high and with the pro mix but I also split up alot of the products between waters, The sensizyme is also a must for me. I just picked up the Connissuer 2 part going to stArt playing with that soon.

tokinupon1

tokinupon1

And for the guy asking ph for promix I like to keep it around 6-6.3 best luck there but make sure to use the the benificials on ur next water without the a-b better results doing that I also let my mixed nutes sit ovEr nite. And also I've found with the newer an stuff I haven't even had to ph lately just let it sit a bit before checking the ph

aeroman

aeroman

AN is quality for sure...I'm a H&G guy myself...subbing overdrive for shooting pdr and add bud candy....I like the consistency. I just don't like the fact that AN has sooooooo many different products to complete the line!!! All great stuff but there's really no reason to separate into 20 different products....H & G....Aqua Flakes A & B with about 5 or 6 supplements.... feed to drain smarty's and all's beautiful....Best of luck to all!!!!!

It doesn't really bother me that there's so many things, it really only becomes a problem if you listen to the hydro shop guy and buy every single one. I mean they're all good at least all the ones I've tried are but you don't really need them all all the time.

I like having a lot of really specific things so whatever I need I have a bottle for it. I don't like shotgun treatments. Like those cold medicines that are for a dozen different symptoms? That's nuts. If I have a sore throat I want something to fix that, not a runny nose, headache, and a bunch of other stuff too. What's the extra medicine I'm getting going to do?

And since they break it up more they can concentrate each thing a lot more than they could if they blended it all together in one bottle, so it takes less to get the job done.

B

Buddy Flowers

"it really only becomes a problem if you listen to the hydro shop guy and buy every single one."

^truth

M

medicalmick

I agree. I will try and do whatever is the best for my plants. To be a master grower you must evolve your techniques and be fluid in your approach. I have used many different nutes and have came back to GH again and again. As of yet I have not tried AN but now Im going to go out and get some and give it a try. If you could maybe give me some of the ppms you use or any tips I would appreciate it.

G

goodfella

can any one confirm if bug bud really does create a stretch i want to use it but befor i drop the coin will it help my low stretching strain?

OGONLY

OGONLY

Goodfella I use Big Bud and would say that it does not promote stretching. I start using it in week 3 of flower which is right when my girls stop stretching. Big Bud imo does not help add to stretch.

This run I veged using A.N. Voodoo juice, tarantula and pirahna for bennies. I don't like tarantula as it is a bitch to mix in water. It wants to stay on surface. Plus its a black powder so it really dirties a reservoir. The combo of the 3 (mostly the 2 since I only ran the tarantula a few times) really bulked out my roots. My plants are much more vigerous this time than last partly because of strong roots. All this being said, I'm going to H&G Roots excelerator this next run. Like the results others are getting and also like that there are no live micros. to worry about killing off.

Finishing up on veg, ran SVA/SVB as a base nut. with Liquid Karma, few drops of Super Thrive, A.N. B52, and Protect for silica. Spray with Einstien oil every 3 days. Spinosad spray 2 times in veg.
Flower I run SBA/ SBB as base nute. A.N. B52, Grandma Engys F1, Mother Earth Tea, Bud Candy, Big Bud, Overdrive. All of these are used in different stages and quantities depending on week. Also use a shot of Monster bloom in week 4-6. Protect is used through week 6.
My results have been nothing short of stellar this run. Not one leaf has died so far. Buds are SWOLLEN and glistening with sugar. Would be happy to give more specific numbers if anyone would like. Would also be proud to show some pics. Will have to take some updated shots tonight.

O

OldSchool

Nv,Agri fert list- Some An product show to have different fert levels

Just drop a quick note, this site has a list of all (most) Hydroponic Nutrient Fert Levels, Kushie Kush reads 1-7-17 & Agri shows 1-3-8 and Hammer Head label 0-9-18,Agri 2-4-10, etc. Thought this would be a good resourse.

Peace

O

OldSchool

I have used AN line & use some of thier products like Iguana Juice its few fert with the Igredients It's cleaner to run (even though I can make my own fert Iguana Juice Grow & Blooms not hard just alittle messy & smelly,why I stoped )) I still make tea from Alfala ,worm poo but add RawAmino,Fulvic,Humic Acids tea,BatPoo,kelp etc. Personally 'Iguana Bloom',has aliitle to much alfalfa,cause's to much stretching in 1st 2wks of flowering,even with trying different combos-HP/MH bulbs,alfafla is great stuff but will cause strecthing.
As for other AN products,we-ll they are still good nutrient line(some), but not as advertised.I try to be neutral & open minded,but as for AN & MIKE, he's a FULL TIME CROOK when it comes to his advertisments with intentional miss imformation,taking advantages of little or no respect for U & regulation to labeling and advertisment.He uses over expressive word like "DRIPPING, HUGE,ENORMOUS,ETC.Tries to sell U thier whole line,like UR plants couldn't live without them, its BS!! There is plently nut that are just as good or better on some at half the cost and without those bogus claims. I read thier
ballast add, yes his,syn wave are better,but is he telling the truth about his ballalast, time will tell. Plus I don't know of any 100khz bulbs on the market,yet. Sure mike will come up with one & stating hz should match the ballast, (which is true.) he will come up with a bulb stating all kinds bugus claims "one of a kind!!""MUST Have!!".I GROW UP in a agrculture/ranch
home in calif with cattle,sheep,couple hundred mixed fruit tree's,green houses.Grow upin 4H & FFA (Future Farms America) &
garden ever since & I have never seen such huge claims on fertilizers as AN does.I would have been using some of thier
products without bougus lie's.This has been over 10yrs, but for 2 yrs straight(had to find out for myself) Iused whole AN line along with another group of plants using different products and I can tell U achievements can be reached with none AN nutrients-PERIOD!! Yes,Money back guarantee,so what, its important to have a good relationship with ur Hydro stores,when U
keep returning things,they arn't going to like U very much, or pay return shippment if was ordered. An knows this, & some stores have "all sale final policy". Its about supply & demand,look at Mag ballast now,price on them dropped big times-e-ballast are thing now. The more U buy from AN the more bogus they get & less ratio & pay more, Look at Connissuer UR now
paying more for 2 times less-AN calc OLD VS NEW. MIKE & AN are truely a CON MAN, CAR SALES MEN are not even in the same leaque as AN but cost passed to us. Mike stirred up alot of crap with other manufactor's &talking smack, he didn't have to go there,but he took it there. Who out there been growing 10+ yrs and can say they still use AN's full Line & AN only or even 5+yrs. U can get same results using Alaska Fish Fert?gal=$8.00 & SuperTea mix by Guano Company/gal=$24.00,mix half&half get bright green happy plants, I promise they will Love U for it,they both come in flower fert. I have alteranated with this and Iguana, looks the same, I assure U!!(Alaska Fert is alittle fishy smelling for me.)

I placed AN Calc, (may have to cut & paste-direct to site)

Compare Connoisseur-old calculator VS new amounts UR having to add 3 time more then on new VS old & UR paying more

for less OLD 5-6ml per US gal NEW 15ML per us gal (3.8L)
A= 4.9-0-3.6 or 4-0-4 3-0-0
B= 1.8-5.1-6.4 1-5-6 2-4-10

This is the new calculator for Connoisseur check the difference

If anybody is interested in making home made Iguana Juice,I'll will check back,& if Yes, I will write the materials and ratio's (its exact) cant take credit for it,found some time ago from a different forum,but have used it, I brew worm tea fresh not premade has alot more alive species& never run fresh worm tea through a pump (U can-but will hurt UR total Numbers& collected sugars clusters)
Thats my piece on AN & Mike & thier advertising, hope I didn't offend anybody.

Peace

S

swizzlegrower

ive done many side by sides dutch master advanced gh home and garden......no real diff in quality or biomass.....use 3 part or 2 part rooting harmone in mix constantly except last 2 weeks.....trying pure amino products caos bombadier andamifort....200 for liter of ea....has 10 times as much of everything as advanced used as foliar only....these are used commercially in spain....i find only the nutes used by commercial industry are effective and really do work.....eventually we will all make our own....the companies make the most off nutes.....dont be a sucker....with co2 and temp hum at perfect level nutes are less important....nutes alone are just one square on chess board...dont blow your money there....buy more lights fans ac dehumidifieror ebb and flow.....all these much more important than nutes......advanced's hype should be a clue....and look at big industry(as clue) to see what works and -or is cost effective...ie they have always used co2....even carnation growers

M

merlin123

HG root excelerator is great. I'm finding AN might be a better product overall. Still running some experiements between AN and HG.

aeroman

aeroman

Why do so many of the people who hate Advanced Nutrients sound like they're seriously pissed off, like a lot more than you'd expect over something like this?

I mean you'd think Big Mike shot their dog and stole their girl or something. Seriously bent out of shape over something they're entirely free to choose not to buy.

I use AN and yeah, they go over the top here and there with their advertising but hell, that's business. I always figure anyone who makes money selling something is going to embellish their sales pitch. Doesn't everyone? Seriously, this shouldn't be news to anyone.

So yeah, there's a bunch of emotive language in their ads. That just means they know how to write ads. Buy or don't buy based on what you can learn from that. I tried their nutes and haven't found anything better so that's why I use them, no other reason.

No, check that... there's another reason. They're the only nute company that openly supports legalization. That means a lot to me too.

O

OldSchool

High Cost for Salts

Not ticked off at AN or Mlike nor did they take my girl friend,ha,ha,(married happily for over 30yrs).I dont know any of AN the staff,except for few Reps(in the pass),Im sure they are bunch of great & likable people,Mikes looks like a very friendly & alikeable guy,I only go by how they represent themself.I realize AN tailored nutrients toward folks that have little or no experience in any type of Agi or hydro and have taken some of the guess work out for them with good to great results, and advance user's with greater results, as with other nutrient Co do. Iam only sharing what I have seen before and
after AN came into play in the Agri culture community. Fertilizers should be in black & white and benefits for each ingredients.
Hey Areo,There other hydro nutrient Co. also support the legalization of "MARJI" (Pro 19 would have distroyed 215 & medical use) & altering thier forumla for these plants. Why? There is a whole lot!-LOTS!! money for this enterprise, they know prop 19,will pass next time, "NO" won by 10%. .Now we have new Company's arriving into "Hydro" caring 4 to 7 nutrient booster to be used during flower cycle,like "Bloom" by "Agriculture Organics"(Yellow Bottle) looks good & interesting & "ORANIC" do we really need all those, UnderstandING plants have dif phases, but really ?? Iam very curious to see if,time ,effort & money,really that much of dif in the final vs home made or dif nutrient Co.brand? vs Yellow Bottles.As Ive said I still use some AN if U open my cabnet there is at least 8 dif misc bottles of AN,like H1,H2,PH up/Dwn=(phos/Pot Hydx)left overs 2 & 3 parts formulas,I'decided not to spend a dime on any of thier flower boosters or additives. If AN was that good I would have already used up AN left overs.I just dont like how AN conduct business with purpose MISLEADING advertisting and thier jacked up prices & this goes for any hydro fert manufactoring Co, & An is not alone anymore,but he took it there. Iam astonished by prices for nutrients when U are paying for only pinches,tsp or tbl spoon per qt or gal for "SALTS". Yes business is business but shouldn not be conducted under false pretense's, this has developed some misstrust issues with some (most) hydro Fert Manufactor's for me. Iam sure there are other long timers (more then me) that have thier own opinions.Yes,option not to buy or buy,that really was not the point.
If I lived in a higher populated area I would be seriouly looking at opening a business in hydro or fert manufatoring.But I don't, my town has shut any & all dispenceries,its ilegal in this county, however they are toilerating use's for Medical Certified personal,for now..Glad to see that.I wouldn't want to push it by opening in anything Hydro in this town.Relocating is not a option house/mortgage + Beauty of the area & mountains.

http://www.oregon.gov/ODA/PEST/stopsales.shtm

This is Oregon Gov-Agri Fert Sheet & Hydro nut, but its says "STOPSALES" OregonsEvery State will have Fert Label site-each states will have dif regulations or requirements,its should be on thier home page.
"Unregistered" means they will only post what the Manufactor has labeled-no research done.

Sorry for the long post!

PEACE

O

OldSchool

Sensizym- - Case & Point, 3 enzymes??

Iam truely sorry for back to back post !
I was looking into reordering some emzyme's additive for my roots even though my worm poo tea will do the same,I still like to have a back up & periodically treat & feed beneficial microbes. I've used different brands through time,all seem to do same, Canazym was my last product I used,like it, I was looking into using Sensizym, which I have used in the pass & like the results too.
But What happen to the other 78 enzymes didn't AN use to say 81 enzymes?? Now thier add reads 3 enzymes. What the HECK?? I believe Cana has 6, Humbolts say 61 I think ? AN should let thier people (consumers) know and explained why all these label changes are happening, that would be a good business practice. But they won't because its because the Gov is breathing down thier necks for misleading labeling. I bet if U were to ask any hydro they would say the same. Come on folks Iam I the only one feels or see this?(now I feel bad) Its not the product but thier ethics in thier misleading advertisments. I try to look at ingredientswhen shopping for nutrient & I like some of what AN put in thier fert,so I would have bought them with or withut thier advertisments.
Peace

O

OldSchool

Arsenic in Sensi Nutrient by AN

THis is my last comment about Advance Nut is there is another reason why mike doesnt go through the cert process,some of thier nutrients have Arsenic in it, like sensi formula. Any amount of arsenic is not good, diffidently a concern.I dont think its a matter of money for AN but public findings of dangerious chemical or heavy metal that we maybe consuming. According to some State Gov Ag, AN has 99.9% misleading labels.That goes for some other nutrient manufactors.

This is Calif/Gov-Agri Site with Sensi Formula,show Arsenic

Anybody notice that "Bud Blood" does not seemed to mix with water as well as the older "Bud Blood" best for me to premix it with very warm half gal water & water pump all day if U can.

I apologize for the BACK to BACK post,but found ARSENIC to be important info.
Peace

phenotyper

phenotyper

THis is my last comment about Advance Nut is there is anothe

This is Calif/Gov-Agri Site with Sensi Formula,show Arsenic

I apologize for the BACK to BACK post,but found ARSENIC to be important info.
Peace

Yes the product has arsenic in it, but I think you neglected to mention the fact that the FDA outlines from 5 to 20 ppm of arsenic being present in soil as safe.

Source:
"Are there health standards for arsenic?
The EPA has set a limit of 0.01 parts per million (ppm) for arsenic in drinking water.

Levels of arsenic in soil from 5 ppm up to 20 ppm are generally viewed as safe, even if contact with arsenic at these levels continues for many years. If the level of arsenic in soil is within this range, the potential for any health effect is very small. In fact, contact with arsenic in soil even somewhat above these levels will likely have no health effects. "

Also:
Source:
"...As by individual States as the average background
As level in USA soils is ~ 5 ppm. "

Please fact check your facts.

Anyhow, I used Fox Farms but I recently switched to AN. I still use Fox Farms solubles, namely Beastie Bloomz, but I really use a hodge podge of different fertilizers that have worked particularly well. I like Sensi A&B, FF Trio Solubles, Gravity, Bushmaster, Snow Storm Ultra, Floralicious (Plus), Liquid Karma, Silica, etc. Different recipes for different times.

I

ibTheMan

Why dont someone with the time, space, and means do a 12 plant, 3 groups of 4 and run H&G, GH, and AN in a side by side and post the entire grow and final results includen taste, looks, weight.

Top Bottom