Australian Bred Genetics : Zoid, Fuel, Candy ^^

• Thread starter Titoon_29
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SnowCap

PNG,

Stands for Papua New Guinea or New Guinea Gold. Thanks for the info Donald. I grow mostly sativas, would love to try pure PNG but anything with it would be worth growing. Take care and happy growing.

SnowCap

UrbanGardener

UrbanGardener

Hi guys,

I'm from Aus and I totally agree on the consensus that the scene is certainly limited in terms of strains and knowledge down here. Most dealers will call decent weed "skunk", "chronic" or "hydro" where I am from and really have no idea of strains, hybridity or parentage. I think a lot of people tend to go commercial, rather than connoisseur which is a shame. I find myself talking about different types of cannabis to people and they have no idea really what I am talking about, I wish there were more top notch strains and knowledge floating around the circles. I guess all I can hope is that it will slowly change =) Every grower who does it with love makes a difference in my eyes.

D

Donald Mallard

I agree urbangardener , the lack of knowlege of cannabis and strains etc ,, by the average australian toker is pretty amazing .
There are some intelligent people that bother to study , but they are far and few between.
Though i defend the quality that can sometimes be found in australia, in some areas by the kinder growers ,,
, ive also seen some aweful examples , some can only be described as perhaps at one time resembling cannabis , but that time has gone .
Others are pretty close to hemp .
Darn shame really given the climate .
Lets hope that changes for the better .

UrbanGardener

UrbanGardener

I'm with you there Donald. I do realize population might have something to do with this. But I was only reading not long ago that (I think) Australians were in the top three marijuana users in the world, if not no.1? Surely this calls for more of a interest and following. You are right, there is some great cannabis floating around, but also a lot of shit inbetween too. I guess, it doesn't bother me too much now but I would have loved to have picked up a deal in the past and had the person tell me what strain it was and a bit about it etc. Of course I know that's asking a lot. But, it seems the US is so advanced in their knowledge, hybrids etc etc that I wish we were up here too. Heres hoping the change comes soon! For those who really enjoy smoking, great quality weed for all of you I say.

G

GreenCandyPress

I have to ask str8 up m8, do i know u? , , if not why are you in this thread laying down sarcastic comments like
"Can't say i've heard of the "zoid" lines before apart from the identical thread on this topic on IC. Props for trying to market your wares OS guys. Looks real purdy!"

I never asked titoon to make this thread, nor the one at ic. We shared smoke from the lines i have been breeding( i know its hard for u to get it but there are some aussie breeders whos wares you havent seen) and he really enjoy them and decided to document it.
I have been working these lines a very long time and even documented some of it way back on the old cannabisworld under the handle dqg.
Its funny as the only ppl that have ever tried to put shit on the work i or other aussie breeders have done, tend to be a tiny percentage of other aussies, and moreso, other aussies that have spent alot of time and effort importing all the latest and greatest overseas strains from overseas seedbanks. Funny that.
I have been sending out my lines for free at my expence and risk for quite a time now and if i decided to release my work for sale that is my decision, and quite honestly, what is wrong with that? I just wish aussies like yourself would get on board instead of being sarcastic or negative, alot of aussie breeders are getting together and doing some great work, work you could be doing also instead of tearing down your fellow aussies work. If u had tried the lines and offered up constructive critisim it would be different and actual helpfull.
Your yomit line, or is it a clone only, sounds nice, never heard of it, but i dont kick around the commercial indoor scene down south,i am moreso the mountain scene up north.
The old commercial burning rubber or rubber clone from syd was big for awhile and most likely came of dutch stock, also the candy cut that came out of newcastle is most likely a blueberry hybrid.
Your right on the thai part of the outdoor genepool but forgot the indian, chinese indica and a load of others that have been added to the genepool here in australia before ben dronkers bought the cannabis castle, or even before nevile left australia to set up and sell said c castle to the dronkers.
Anyways ty all for the positive comments, and ty 2ezy for making me want to work harder to show the world what we have here.
much respect
moonunit( dqg)
dude i just want to say that i totally respect moonunitdqg for a) doing this shit grassroots for YEARS and b) taking the time to work the genetics to a point of solid reliability before making the decision or even thinking about the decision of going commercial. i just wanted to say NICE one! respect that for sure. i am an editor at green candy press and we are actually running a feature on Zoid Fuel in one of our upcoming books :) it's our pleasure and honor!! cool to see it on here!! peace guys!

Top Bottom