auto russian outdoor grow from 2nd generation seeds

• Thread starter budboy299
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
budboy299

budboy299

Well like it says.... auto russians. These are from some freshly picked seeds off my last auto russians. The seeds are about 1 day old so the germination rate so far is only about 60%
The beans have been in paper towels for a day and a half and 20 have popped. I did have to crack the seeds though as the shells on autos seem to be super tough.
These seeds were done the good old fashioned way with the boys seducing the girls. Once I have a few gals from this batch I will try to make some feminized seed.
On sunny days they will be out under the great growlight in the sky and at night under a 400watt MH.
Once they are sexed, they will be planted and left up to nature.
Pictures tomorrow.....

budboy299

budboy299

tiny little sprouts...so far 15 have broken surface and are in the sun for the day...as said night will be under a 400w MH. aside from the 15 another 8 have germinated but have not broken the soil surface yet. All the females will be eventually going out in the garden once sexed.

Oh and when I mentioned seeds were a day old...I meant I just picked them off their mom. Thats why germination rate is low (I believe)

May 21 Day 2
G

Gorrillagrower

Nice start there budboy.Did you do a thread on your first auto russian grow? Im doing the lowryder 2 outdoors. Heres a link to my thread. Hope you have a prosperous summer

GG

budboy299

budboy299

nope GG, I didn't do a grow log on them. I had 3 females and 4 males. I pollinated the gals using the biggest male about a week after she started showing her pistols.
pollinated for 3 weeks then stopped and saved the pollen for later use on another project. I cut the females down at 9.5 weeks and have a 60% germ rate with the seeds. If I let them dry a bit and refrigerate the percentage should go up a bit.

out of the 3 females (2 - 9" plants and one 4 inch one) I got over 200 seeds. I severely stunted them the first go as they seem to be extremely sensitive to being rootbound. I left them in some 16oz beer cups for the first 4 weeks and as soon as the roots hit the bottom and started coiling..they stopped vertical growth all together. It was only after I repotted them that they started to grow again. Now I know why they recommend starting in the pot you will be finishing them in!!

As soon as a couple gals show themselves, I will try some sts to make some female seeds.

U

USApotluvr1

Hey budboy!

Sounds like you are on your way to never runnin' out of seeds again, huh?! potluvr

budboy299

budboy299

well today the tally is 34 germinated, and 18 have popped above the soil.

running total to date is 31 auto russian and 3 auto Ak's

Should be a fun summer. I plan to stagger crop them with a new batch going in every month till fall.

2 weeks under T5s
4 weeks under 400 watt
4 weeks under the sun to fatten up

these are both 10 week strains

U

USApotluvr1

Sounds good, budboy!

Don'tcha love it when your plan comes through! potluvr

budboy299

budboy299

The auto russian and auto AK47 are both from Lowlife. They flower independently of what the light period is. In fact indoors it is claimed that the best light period is 20 hours of light, with 4 hours of darkness.
In fact after the 3rd week of life, you can't stop the damn things from flowering, which is why it cannot be reasonably cloned.
If you clone it...the clone continues to flower and then dies.
What it is for me is just a neat little plant which is well suited for an early crop outdoors. Closer to fall I will plant my regular strains.
The auto russian (for me) smelled 10X stronger than the auto-AK47 and yet was milder. I would say its the perfect fishing strain. I can fire up one and lay back in the boat with my line in the water and still function.
The auto-AK47 grew taller and yeilded more with a far deeper stone. hope this helps

I don't think auto's will ever replace or even come close to regular strains...but it is a neat little hobby plant that almost seems to be a totally different plant in the way it grows. To sum it up, it is just kind of fun!

budboy299

budboy299

Oh and I hope all auto growers will cull their males real early outdoors. Please don't let them pollinate all the other peoples plants who grow nearby!

budboy299

budboy299

48 germed now....23 above soil :)
I guess the germination rate was better than I thought

U

USApotluvr1

Hey budboy!

Kudos on your high germ rate, dude! I'll keep watchin'! potluvr

G

Gorrillagrower

Hey there Budboy. Glad to hear that your germ rates are picking up. Sounds like you will be busy with them alone' not to mention any others you have going.

G

GhangisKhn26

Hey bro,
I grew the WR's from lowlife under t5's and my yield was about 1/2 ounce each. Nice high though, I can't wait to see how they do outdoors.

Good luck

budboy299

budboy299

Thanks guys, I checked today and 58 total germed, 43 of these are now above the soil.
Pain in the butt carrying them all out into the sun in the morning and back indoors under a 400w at night.
I am so looking forward to culling the males so there is a few less to carry!!!

Hopefully the making of the female seeds will work on this run.

G

Gorrillagrower

Glad to see things pickin up for ya budboy. Got any pics of the kids???

U

USApotluvr1

Hey budboy!

It is work intensive with that many plants goin'. That is the benefit of outdoors, huh budboy? I guess when you sex them, you won't have as many to haul around!! potluvr

budboy299

budboy299

cloudy rainy weather here for a few days so they are spending some time indoors. Under a 600 hps so the pics are orange, but you get the picture

100 0001
100 0002
C

carnivorous

Never tried autos before,just looking into them now thanks bud cant wait tosee these ones flower.

G

Gorrillagrower

Ive been haveing shitty weather here too BB. 3 frigin dayz of rain. Booooooo. Your babies are startin and lookin good. Keep up the good work brother.

GG

budboy299

budboy299

Slowly but surely coming along. These are all between 1/2 and 1-1/2 weeks old depending on the day they popped above soil. Little bit of heat stress due to the 600watt above them. It gets to upper 80 degrees in there at times. BUT they are only there during days of rain or clouds, also at night till sexing. hopefully there will be some ladies in with the boys and I can have a nice garden this year.
I grew 2 plants 2 years ago in my backyard that were just over 9 feet tall and yeilded over 4 lbs between them. Sadly they have now build homes overlooking my backyard and this is no longer possible so these tiny plants will now suffice to curb the urge to grow!

Top Bottom