Back from the brink of the dead

• Thread starter Clyde4210
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Clyde4210

Clyde4210

Might be the time to consider more reservior capacity while its little, I used 6 gallon softball buckets but I found some 7 gallon. The ph will stay more stable with more reservior capacity. At the very young stage a weaker solution is better its like growin a baby human you don’t stuff it full of steak from the beginning you have to start off easy to get the digestive system growin and goin then introduce a heartier diet

Hudson Exchange Premium 7 Gallon Bucket, HDPE, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07955TZ8...abc_6KXD6R7CGF8FY4XPXYGY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks for the bucket link. I fixed a solution of well water calmaged out to 200 then I put 1/4 teaspoon of the trio for a total of 268 ppm. I just put a 300 in there but minus the grow. I'll put this 267 in a bucket for the night. No I don't have a filter everything's natural spring fed.

Clyde4210

Clyde4210

nice grow, Im not a member of a tub grow 😄 but @Lilolme got you covered. The only thing i can ad is to bring your ph to 5.5
Stability is key for hydro. here is a chart i follow to ensure stability of rez
View attachment 1194426
Here is a chart to showcase at what ph the plants takes what type of nutrients
View attachment 1194427
It likes 5.8. I've tried 5.5 to 6.5 and 5.8 seems to be the best.

Reactions: PK1
Lilolme

Lilolme

Thanks for the bucket link. I fixed a solution of well water calmaged out to 200 then I put 1/4 teaspoon of the trio for a total of 268 ppm. I just put a 300 in there but minus the grow. I'll put this 267 in a bucket for the night. No I don't have a filter everything's natural spring fed.
Haha you may find your water to be the envy of many people I too have gravity fed spring water and its fantastic

Clyde4210

Clyde4210

Shower Diesel, that is hilarious
Last week I threw frozen meats in the bucket to cool the water down. I bought a swamp cooler water cooler but I thought it hilarious I was throwing hotdogs in my bucket. Told myself if it doesn't flower maybe it'll sprout hotdogs, either way win, win.

You grew the shower monsters.

Clyde4210

Clyde4210

Smelling a little gassy today. Put the seed in a shot glass of water on Nov. 1st and today is the first day I noticed the water level go down. 200ppm Calmag the Nutes was way to strong. I have found 3, 8 fingered leaves. It's probably a ruderal finger definitely not a pure cannabis leaf.

My new recipe is:
Well water, 3ml Calmag, 6ml of Hydrogaurd, 6ml of micro and 12 ml of bloom for a total of 400ppm.

Clyde4210

Clyde4210

Umm, not gonna lie, i would have the time of my life converting that shower/tub into a hydro system.
What do you think? Luane cut to tub size, water proofed and maybe weather stripping or foam/rubber as a light seal.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Id plumb the drain to the showerhead bypassing the tubs faucet. Then install a heavy water pump, add another showerhead so I have two. Plastic sheeting lid on hinges with two holes cut for 2 plants. Mount the two showerheads to the top of the sheeting facing down. They will spray the top of the water surface creating a top feed rain aeration/fallponics. Add a few airstones. . . .

your gonna need a scrog or 2 lol. . .

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Well, you don't sound like you put any thought into this, lol. It's not complete till you utilize the toilet. Drop a basket in the lid, you can flush feed it.
Well ya see, the shit and piss is actually filtered into the tub, and there are fish in the sink. . one big loop AQUAPOONICS

Lilolme

Lilolme

Umm, not gonna lie, i would have the time of my life converting that shower/tub into a hydro system.
Part of why I like the tub is I can set everything up and tear it back down when I’m done and after the smell goes away you would never know I was growin in there, keeps the wifey happy knowin I’m not destroyin a room in the house. Zero mechanical fastners, no holes in anything, nothing to indicate a grow. Worked my ass off to create a grow I can set up and take down in 10 minutes. I kept a fire ready to start in the woodstove at all times should I need to eliminate any herbal evidence in a hurry. Then they make growin legal here kinda took some of the fun out of it

Last edited:
Lilolme

Lilolme

I wanted green crack but no auto, sour crack I found. Thanks on the light it stood another 5%.

I appreciate all the help, you got it looking better. It changed that much since this morning.
The speed at which they grow usin DWC is phenomenal you can almost see em growin

Clyde4210

Clyde4210

Part of why I like the tub is I can set everything up and tear it back down when I’m done and after the smell goes away you would never know I was growin in there, keeps the wifey happy knowin I’m not destroyin a room in the house. Zero mechanical fastners, no holes in anything, nothing to indicate a grow. Worked my ass off to create a grow I can set up and take down in 10 minutes. I kept a fire ready to start in the woodstove at all times should I need to eliminate any herbal evidence in a hurry. Then they make growin legal here kinda took some of the fun out of it

The speed at which they grow usin DWC is phenomenal you can almost see em growin

I watched it this morning. It's not going to veg 3 more weeks. I'll be lucky to get middle of next week, V's are opening some are almost down.

I watched it this morning. It's not going to veg 3 more weeks. I'll be lucky to get middle of next week, V's are opening some are almost down.

Lilolme

Lilolme

Your only 35 days into a journey thats gonna last about 125 days. I would be very surprised to see white pistils starting to emerge till at least halfway from what I have seen from other autos, completely ignore the seed sellers estimates of growin time thats based on an experienced grower under ideal conditions. Only time will tell, every plant is a little different, every grow/grower is different. Provide a happy home and watch dont worry bout the age or stage its gonna do its thing on its schedule. This is one of the reasons I prefer photoperiods over autos, they are more forgiving to mistakes and stress, they have time to recover, I can control how big I want them, and the well known larger, more potent yields. Ideally with autos you should germinate the seed, as soon as theres an inch of taproot put it straight into the pebble pot with a topfeed washing over the taproot till the roots reach the reservoir then the topfeed can be removed. Top the plant at the 5th node then don’t touch it again except to low stress train the branches to keep the top of the plant open and even, then just maintain the environment, and wait. Your next grow is gonna be vastly different from this one you may even want to try a soil grow to compare to the dwc, one of each side by side maybe. Then your gonna be eyeballin the size of the photos I have in mind for my next grow and be thinkin bout tryin that cause you can take cuttings and learn how to root them and get em goin. Next thing you know your gonna have plants growin in anything that will hold dirt. I stretched my first grow out for 3 years and only used 4 seeds in the beginning the rest were all clones. Just sayin

Lilolme

Lilolme

I actually measured the Calmag first then ppmed it out like you suggested. I ran high at 694, I cut it down to 339. I could use my water I was afraid to after reading about well water types. I've been drinking it 14 years.

Here's my question. Say I cut this down to under what it needs. Will it tell me by going through water quickly or will it starve first?

Do you suggest a new bucket starting off with 200ppm Calmag and Hydrogaurd then 100ppm it out with Nutes?
I should mention theres an order to mixin the nute solution, hydroguard first, then the cal/mag, then the veg nutes, then the flower nutes. Then adjust the ph. Dial the cal/mag back to 100 ppm and see what happens, less is more sometimes

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
I hated those three jugs from general hydroponics as well as the advanced nutrients stuff I tried, I tried the General Hydroponics flora grow/bloom powdered nutes this time and I really like the results and a lot less mess
you should try mega crop two part. it's really small little powdery nuts with extra pk boost for flower time. you can play with ratios to have better veg stage and then change the ratio for flower and really bring that (P)(K) up.

Top Bottom