Back from the brink of the dead

• Thread starter Clyde4210
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Clyde4210

Clyde4210

I hated those three jugs from general hydroponics as well as the advanced nutrients stuff I tried, I tried the General Hydroponics flora grow/bloom powdered nutes this time and I really like the results and a lot less mess

I'll have to look at the powders. Jack's makes one some reddit users tried to get me to use instead but too late.

I did a soil grow in 88 or 89 made it to flowering and friends stripped it. First and last real grow till now.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
I'll have to look at the powders. Jack's makes one some reddit users tried to get me to use instead but too late.

I did a soil grow in 88 or 89 made it to flowering and friends stripped it. First and last real grow till now.
Jacks is also a good dry amendment nutrients. They have many lines of nuts that can benefit a experienced grower. I am working my way up to that by trying to really understand NPK and plants needs and deficiencies. I think MC or @Lilolme suggestion are easier to mix and understand for a proper harvest.

Lilolme

Lilolme

Jacks is also a good dry amendment nutrients. They have many lines of nuts that can benefit a experienced grower. I am working my way up to that by trying to really understand NPK and plants needs and deficiencies. I think MC or @Lilolme suggestion are easier to mix and understand for a proper harvest.
The powdered stuff eliminated a lot of frustration for me and a little bit of what I’m usin goes a long way I can see gettin several grows in soil before I have to get more, dwc would use more I suspect. I looked back through my last thread with dwc and I now remember what went wrong I was usin over 2 year old liquid nutes that had gone very sour then switched to another brand almost at the end and got things all screwed up, got a harvest but not the best

Lilolme

Lilolme

I saw a grower here that had switched dry nute brands, the old one measured in tablespoons and the new one was supposed to be measured in teaspoons, she didn’t read the instructions and fried the hell out of her plant

PK1

PK1

Supporter
I saw a grower here that had switched dry nute brands, the old one measured in tablespoons and the new one was supposed to be measured in teaspoons, she didn’t read the instructions and fried the hell out of her plant
ya, with dry nutes you can really mess up and kill the plant if you can't follow a simple instruction. I measure in grams with a scale to ensure a proper ratio. I don't find the tsb is as accurate as a scale can be 😄

Lilolme

Lilolme

ya, with dry nutes you can really mess up and kill the plant if you can't follow a simple instruction. I measure in grams with a scale to ensure a proper ratio. I don't find the tsb is as accurate as a scale can be 😄
Towards the end I could pretty much eyeball the stuff that went in and usually hit it close enough for dirt growin. In four gallons of water a teaspoon of veg and 2 teaspoons of bloom in addition to cal/mag would put me in the 500 ppm range

Clyde4210

Clyde4210

The powdered stuff eliminated a lot of frustration for me and a little bit of what I’m usin goes a long way I can see gettin several grows in soil before I have to get more, dwc would use more I suspect. I looked back through my last thread with dwc and I now remember what went wrong I was usin over 2 year old liquid nutes that had gone very sour then switched to another brand almost at the end and got things all screwed up, got a harvest but not the best

I wondered if that happened too me. Everything has a leak and arrived that way. I started feeding this 1/4 teaspoon per 3 gallons of the trio and it never worked plant was starving and anything higher gave Nute burn. I am using one of the Lucas formulas (micro & bloom) and that seems to work for now. Plant grew 2" since Saturday night.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Towards the end I could pretty much eyeball the stuff that went in and usually hit it close enough for dirt growin. In four gallons of water a teaspoon of veg and 2 teaspoons of bloom in addition to cal/mag would put me in the 500 ppm range
ya definitely, after a while you get a feeling for it.
I wondered if that happened too me. Everything has a leak and arrived that way. I started feeding this 1/4 teaspoon per 3 gallons of the trio and it never worked plant was starving and anything higher gave Nute burn. I am using one of the Lucas formulas (micro & bloom) and that seems to work for now. Plant grew 2" since Saturday night.
make sure to follow the schedule and the measuring correctly.

Lilolme

Lilolme

ya definitely, after a while you get a feeling for it.

make sure to follow the schedule and the measuring correctly.
I used no more than 1/4 strength of the nutes I used this time, the amounts in the directions on the bags were ridiculously high, I kinda don’t understand that part so I would go weak as hell at first with any type or brand goin forward

Lilolme

Lilolme

Lookin good in a week you won’t believe its the same plant

Clyde4210

Clyde4210

no training, topping, low/high stres training?
I started lstin but I couldn't get nutes right so I undid everything. I don't think you can see it but stalk is bent still from lst. I wanted to do something but it's so far behind the 8 ball. I only got dumb luck it's waited on me. I thought get rid of the garbage nodes and tucking when the time comes.

I think at this point maybe lst the node areas that I plan on keeping and leaving the rest alone main cola included.

IMG 20211206 172450883
PK1

PK1

Supporter
Yours was a auto if im not mistaking, show me a picture of inside the rez
here is what you can do, just don't pull it too hard, as long as you reach a 65/75 degree angle is fine

Lilolme

Lilolme

Yours was a auto if im not mistaking, show me a picture of inside the rez
here is what you can do, just don't pull it too hard, as long as you reach a 65/75 degree angle is fine
View attachment 1194874
Bein behind from the early stresses at this point I wouldn’t do anything just let er grow remember everything that takes away from the set number of days it has is less product at the end there is no time to recover, I think it will be a pretty plant as it is

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Bein behind from the early stresses at this point I wouldn’t do anything just let er grow remember everything that takes away from the set number of days it has is less product at the end there is no time to recover, I think it will be a pretty plant as it is
autos go into flower when they want and by easly bringing the head down to an angle makes the tip of the plant to rise again. This will give him some height again and it is not a lot of stress.
it also helps the lower leaves to get more light and grow. However, both methods work and leaving it will also be okay, but the lower leaves and branches don't get much light until they grow.

Top Bottom