Back from the brink of the dead

• Thread starter Clyde4210
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Clyde4210

Clyde4210

Anyone seen this before? I've searched and not finding a specific answer. No pH kit or meter. What I do have doesn't work so I'm going off memory, but all broken equipment aside it should be 5.9/6.. The yellow leaf is the only one. Now those brown spots, that's on a few leaves and may be progressing. Won't know, I did add nutes which spilled into the hydroton. Again won't know till later if it worsens. I have 100ppm calmag and 500 nutes mixed according to GH Trio bloom & flowering schedule. Which is 1 grow, 2 micro, 3 bloom for 1-2-3.

IMG 20220113 122719830
IMG 20220113 122709163 MP
Clyde4210

Clyde4210

Get your numbers down to 500-600 ppm and see if you get positive results, my DWC experience was 650 ppm was as high as I could go. Also make sure to locate your air pump in a cool location if you can to keep your reservior temps down
You said you use micro and grow only in one post. Do you feed that during flowering too?

Clyde4210

Clyde4210

Well like I said, I do appreciate the help. I've got a beast and it's frosting up nicely. Hopefully 4/5 more weeks and I'll be harvesting. Most likely in sections, I can't go any higher on the light.

IMG 20220122 051505534 HDR
Flower
Clyde4210

Clyde4210

I threw the plant away. Thanks for all the help I'll use this thread for future reference on help.
Thanks again.

Clyde4210

Clyde4210

Here's 2nd plant and I believe they call this a self topper? I think it'll have 3 main colas. It's 11 days old today from sprouting. This plant looks way better than the first.

IMG 20220209 062354709
IMG 20220209 062407135 MP
Clyde4210

Clyde4210

This time I built 3 partial walls out of cardboard. I taped blackout blinds to the cardboard. Then I hung the cardboard from the top boxing in the plant for a 2'x2' ghetto tent if you will. I can raise the walls as the plant grows keeping it boxed in. I have lst clips that way I don't have to fool with wire. When I figure out if I'm going to have 4 additional main colas will decide if I top it.

Clyde4210

Clyde4210

Not sure if that's more coty's or if it's wanting to flower there. Looks like a couple of stalks might come out just under the coty's. I've got the odd number of fingers again. I'm guessing my 100 dollar seeds bought at 89 bucks is why I got an 11 dollar discount, genetic defects.

IMG 20220217 161730819
IMG 20220217 161813651 HDR
Clyde4210

Clyde4210

If anyone is using GH Trio you may want to check schedule on bottles as I have different schedules even though it's the trio.

Mars has updated on site recommendations on lighting. Some had the 18"-24" Mars now recommends 18" at different percentages. Some lights are 12" you'll have to look at your light then look at the diagrams/pics on your mars light.

This plant is doing great other than everything's growing in between the true leaves and the first set of 3 fingered leaves. I pinched of the coty leaves and flower. Had leaves and flower growing same spot as coty's. Coty's looks like they were acting as the other leaf to go with the flower. It looked rough like it was hungover.

Clyde4210

Clyde4210

I thought light might bring an auto too flower but that's not it. It's not running out of grow room either.

For me the way I run the bucket getting nutes or just water in the hydroton after a certain point will keep it vegging.

Defoliating the garbage leaves at the bottom even though still somewhat healthy made a major improvement as far as growth and plants happiness. I plan on doing nothing to the plant unless forced to. First week of actual flowering I will defoliate bottom stuff that doesn't get light.

IMG 20220305 025716459 HDR
Clyde4210

Clyde4210

Little update. Went 3 hours without electricity and this is hydro, It effected it some but not too bad. It's outgrown it's area again. It's going through one gallon of 1000 ppm on a daily basis. The root ball swallowed air line, pH monitor and thermometer. Other than it's huge ran out of height room it's looking good. Roots are running out of bucket though.

TS 1000 at 18" is too far away I'm guessing it'll be 12"-16" distance too keep this plant short. ILGM Sour Diesel Auto in hydro dtw.

IMG 20220326 064440486 HDR
IMG 20220326 064505754 HDR
Clyde4210

Clyde4210

I'll add at the beginning of this thread there was discussion of some of us lucky enough not having to worry about smell or neighbors. Well since then everyone and their brother has wanted to visit.

I have 3 SD seeds left for 1 outdoor in the ground natural. 1 indoor soil and one more hydro but this time try and keep it small.

I'm looking for some sativa or mostly sativa seeds. I'm leaning towards, mango, grape or blueberry flavor. I know those are indica flavors but if anyone knows anything close?

S

sagadella

I threw the plant away. Thanks for all the help I'll use this thread for future reference on help.
Thanks again.
??? Threw the plant away? What happened? What am I missing? I learned a lot reading trough your grow and am having the same leaf color changes you mentioned.

Clyde4210

Clyde4210

The old plant was nothing but larf so I tossed it thinking the swollen calyxes were Hermie, I was wrong. At 3 weeks it was pretty good though. I saved 3.5 grams of it. The leaf changes which colors? Is it the brown spots?

The plant above is just starting to flower. I need another light and have a net on the way for it.

Tall lanky plant is first plant. The fuller bush looking one is the second one. They're both tall and that second one I topped. Sour Diesel Auto in hydroton.

Last edited:
S

sagadella

The old plant was nothing but larf so I tossed it thinking the swollen calyxes were Hermie, I was wrong. At 3 weeks it was pretty good though. I saved 3.5 grams of it. The leaf changes which colors? Is it the brown spots?

The plant above is just starting to flower. I need another light and have a net on the way for it.

Tall lanky plant is first plant. The fuller bush looking one is the second one. They're both tall and that second one I topped. Sour Diesel Auto in hydroton.

On January 13th you reported changes -brown spots-in the leaves at the side tips. This looked a lot like the changes that have been progressing with just one of my two Critical Purple auto fem plant. Both germinated the same and in the same system and nutrients. Kept trying to use the instructions on the hydro nutrient label and getting tip burn. Learned the hard way to listen to my plants. My first grow. I have learned much reading these forums! BTW what is larf?

Clyde4210

Clyde4210

Larf is loose hairy instead of bud. It's usable and I regret tossing it, It's smokable too that's what I did with the 3.5 I saved.

If the leaves you're talking about are at the very bottom? That's fine. If it's up top you've got an issue. I don't think mine was a nute issue so much as it was something I was doing. I went and made a calmag slurry instead of plain water when feeding in my bucket. Only thing I could find was a deficiency, I forget what mineral and calmag has it. I was reading something today when a plant goes into flower it needs more calcium which could cause the issue but it's another mineral that's in calmag it needs. It could be pH too.

The tips internet says nitrogen but I haven't had a nitro issue and I have a lot of leaves with white tips. I think that's burn from feeding. No issues out of them so far.

I'm drain to waste taking top off to fill bucket 3 or more times a day on this grow. I could get a lot more out of it if I top fed it more, scrog netted and more light.

Top Bottom