Backyard Greenhouse...

• Thread starter stiffneck
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SinCity

SinCity

The project in the photo is now in very good hands. Onwhere and elsewards :)
This one group of folks I know out here REALLY need reliable/authentic/honest genetics, mothers lovingly selected from a variety of phenotypic expressions, and clean clones--genuinely clean clones. Oh, and I can end my good faith attempt to 'realize' how much 'better' outdoor is than indoor. I prefer indoor--sorry everyone, but I do. Finally going to get back to my kind of kind bud--pronounced taste and smell, and harvesting a bit early because I smoke all day and do not necessarily want to get hit over the head. Short veg, multiple cycles, and spoiling the girls (and the boys, for a minute). Gotta say, I'm a bit surprised by the situation out here...

SinCity

SinCity

oops--now pic is attached

2018 01 07 153150

SpankyLoc

SpankyLoc

Hey thanks spanky. The only real issue is water droplets forming on the inside cover. Cheap.home depot plastic. Quality covering probably will.improve.this. Going to invest in a small.humidifier if I see PM. I run three directional fans 24/7 in there and didn't have any issues last year... always trying.to.learn and improve...

How do you like your solexx?
Solexx is cool .I like it .Getting geared up for a 2nd yr .I started with plastic. I found me dehumidifier for 50 bucks on craigslist . If you close up the ends and add the dehumidifier at night you would get rid of those droplets .Where im at its dry during the day and humid at night . I've been able to control the environment with that dehumidifier and an exhaust fan for the days with a humidifier durimg day cuz its dry .Southern cali weather sucks for growing outdoors .The heat is the only thing i camt control. Im thinking about vegging indoors flowering in the solexx and takin june theu august off cuz of the heat

stiffneck

stiffneck

oops--now pic is attached

Nice looking farm! So we're you working on this farm? Still?

View attachment 779004
Hope we can keep communicating...I'm considering taking on my first greenhouse grow. I know indoors and I know outdoors. Greenhouses not so much. I too like this stuff...growing...(cool little double-meaning there :)

Please share any ideas or plans you may have!
Yes friend please keep in touch. Always ready to learn and share info...

Very grateful...

Beautiful plant!

stiffneck

stiffneck

Solexx is cool .I like it .Getting geared up for a 2nd yr .I started with plastic. I found me dehumidifier for 50 bucks on craigslist . If you close up the ends and add the dehumidifier at night you would get rid of those droplets .Where im at its dry during the day and humid at night . I've been able to control the environment with that dehumidifier and an exhaust fan for the days with a humidifier durimg day cuz its dry .Southern cali weather sucks for growing outdoors .The heat is the only thing i camt control. Im thinking about vegging indoors flowering in the solexx and takin june theu august off cuz of the heat

Yep. Just about what I am doing but i just run through the summer. In the greenhouse the beds are kind of raised up or actually the walkway is dug into the ground...

Anyways i flood that in the dead of summer with water. Home made humidifier. :)

With my fans running I can almost eliminate the water.droplets. Kind of like a water.sheen. But yeah a dehumidifier for the night is going to help tremendously.

Also going to invest in some quality greenhouse covering. Not sure what yet but there is some nice.stuff out there. Maybe a breathable fabric. That would help with heat issues...

SinCity

SinCity

Dang thats a monster .

thanks man! what a beautiful bad ass plant, right? outdoor projects are structured SO utterly opposite of indoor projects. i'm deeply grateful to have been a part of this farm. a part of my gratitude is that i am blessed enough to have lived on both coasts (bi-coastal ;). that seems to allow me to see aspects of the outdoor model that could be changed to adapt to this state's new laws. i'm surprised by the number of people here that are panicking themselves unnecessarily. fucking hippies ;)

Yes friend please keep in touych. lways ready to learn and share info...

Beautiful plant!

Beautiful plant!

Beautiful plant!

SinCity

SinCity

this farm is up and running and in good hands. may it be what it is meant to be, what it wants to be--if people fill their cup, that is good. if they close their eyes to the flow, that also must be good (not the goal, but still good in some larger unknown way).

but the amount of overhead, nine months a year, and yields i can get at a quarter of the cost and ten times the quality--maybe exaggerating a bit for effect, but you get it.

SinCity

SinCity

humboldt--adapt or stop bitching. reduce overhead, increase quality, increase quality, increase quality--oh and increase quality. you know that gh you use half the year anyway...? it's not the devil, and even if it is, you're already dancing with it, so i just think it's simpler than it seems. did i mention increase quality? ;)

SinCity

SinCity

thank you so much for being willing to teach--people weren't always like this. these giant changes in the scene are just so fucking awesome. i'll be doing a greenhouse for the very first time. my indoor experience should see me through, but we ain't in climate control anymore dorothy...

stiffneck

stiffneck

I'm getting a good three crops a year. The spring and harvest runs are usually smaller but I have Filled that thing in the smear months. The plants don't seem to mind the hotter days here anyways..

Here is today.... temp is 80 with 25 humidity. Haven't got the sides up I like where I am at but spring summer brings bugs and then I Do close that sucker up. I planted these smaller than normal but we will get a harvest out of it....

IMG 20180218 111343
SinCity

SinCity

I'm getting a good three crops a year. The spring and harvest runs are usually smaller but I have Filled that thing in the smear months. The plants don't seem to mind the hotter days here anyways..

Here is today.... temp is 80 with 25 humidity. Haven't got the sides up I like where I am at but spring summer brings bugs and then I Do close that sucker up. I planted these smaller than normal but we will get a harvest out of it....

nice beds! is that burlap or fabric grow pots underneath? and how have you structured the upper 'floor'? love this!!!

stiffneck

stiffneck

I roll my sides up anytime I'm plagued with heat issue

nice beds! is that burlap or fabric grow pots underneath? and how have you structured the upper 'floor'? love this!!!

The fabric is that cheap carp you can get at home depot. Last year had the sides covered with this and two box fans exhausting air out.

Not sure I understand about structuring the upper floor.
Year before last I had no dropped floor. Y garden was planted right into the ground. Plants feel pled that greenhouse but I was only hands and knees... not good for this farmer.

So one day I just started digging.... with a hand shovel. I dug until I kind of got.what I want. I have had to go and add a couple 4x 4 s to brace those beds.

Beds are native soil and a few years of adding dry inputs and watering them. I use worm castings and the tea.and Malibu but compost. Kind of don't mess would th the soil but harvest Leaving the football in the soil then just plant a new clone or seed plant in another spot. Seems to be working pretty well.

IMG 20180218 111341
stiffneck

stiffneck

Honestly it seems like my harvests are comparable with the previous harvests going into the ground. But..
. I really don't know as my record.keeping is quite lax. Well let's be honest it's pretty non existent .

But I'm changing that Nancy.negative. attitude and have started some record keeping. I figure I might as well KNOW if somethings working or.not....

Anyways I like this stuff.... all kidding aside the fact of Growing plants is potent medicine in itself. Sometimes I wonder if it not more potent/important.

Wonder if the Wife knows how much I Love this plant??? :)

Top Bottom