Bad Luck?

• Thread starter Coir
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Coir

Coir

So I started 5 each of Bogglegum, Sour Lifesaver, and Sour Grape about 8 weeks ago. All 5 Bogglegum were males! I know it happens but that is the first time I have gone 5 for 5 with a single strain from seed. I did get 2 each Sour Lifesaver and Sour Grape females(the others all look male at this point!) which looks like only 4 out of 15 females. Sadly, the Bogglegum all looked and smelled incredible so I was really hoping for at least one girl out of the bunch!
I have 8 more seeds of each so as soon as I have room, I will retry these and see if my luck changes.

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Damn that sucks, what was the temp when you popped them and when they established themselfs? I've heard keeping them too hot can cause more males, I'll be sexing my bogglegums in a couple weeks. The way there growing, there looks to be at least 2 males in my bunch.

-lurkin

Coir

Coir

Temps were 75-78 the whole time. I had some other seedlings at the same time and ended up with 3/5 females on one and 5/5 on another and they were not feminized seeds. Just crazy odds I suppose. The Bog seeds were the strains I most wanted to grow out too! At least I have 2 each of the SLS and SG and they are all looking really nice at this point. I can't wait to see how they look in another 6 weeks. The cuts I took from them rooted really fast which was also nice.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
That's what I am hoping!
I know it won't make ya feel better, but looks like luck of the draw. Doesn't sound like anything you did on your end. Shit on a positive note, I popped 10 a few years back and got 10 girls out of 10. And no they weren't feminized they were regular beans. So weird shit can and does happen. :cool: ..........

Coir

Coir

Yep.... crazier things have happened. I was just hoping for at least one female this round as these are the first BOG strains I have tried. I will pop more as soon as I have space for them to see if I can find one or two.

way2green

way2green

I am just getting some action on the Bog strains I have been sewing. I am getting about 2 males fir every 5-6 beans that pop. I can live with those #'s. I might just get a male that I never knew was out there........

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
@Coir Just dont let this steer you away from trying another round of BOG's genetics. He's a solid breeder and has solid genetics. Shit man the next round you could get all girls. Popping beans is like playing the lotto. Sometimes you hit it and sometimes ya dont. Peace and grow well dude.

B

boston

My first 5 sour bubble snd 3.sour grape were all males

My next 7 sb seam to be 3 males 4 females

Pick these up @ denver cannabis cup

BushyOldGrower

BushyOldGrower

If in USA you can pm or email me if you weren't happy.

It happens and that's why we offer the unconditional satisfaction guarantee.

If you didn't receive your seeds because customs got them and you are in USA pm me.

If you got too many males, just let me know. My seeds arent feminized but I will guarantee your satisfaction. So for whatever reason ...

Nobody is so generous but I know what it's like paying good money for nothing. I want another chance to prove my seeds worthiness in your mind.

Even if you just didn't like something when done I would love to turn you on!

So don't be shy...I want you High...;)

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

If you didn't receive your seeds because customs got them and you are in USA pm me.

If you got too many males, just let me know. My seeds arent feminized but I will guarantee your satisfaction. So for whatever reason ...

Nobody is so generous but I know what it's like paying good money for nothing. I want another chance to prove my seeds worthiness in your mind.

I can't believe this is happening! I just came here to deliver CREAM! Hahaha ;]

-lurkin

Coir

Coir

Thank you for the amazing offer and customer service! I did end up with 2 Sour Grape and 1 Sour Life Saver females out of the 15 seeds I popped. I know it's always possible that the rest of the seeds I have will have more females in them and it was truly just bad luck this time around. I was pretty sad that the Bogglegum were all males because like I said, they smelled absolutely incredible. The three females I did get are all looking very nice at this pint and I am anxious to see the final products from them in a few more weeks. As soon as I have room I am going to try again and see what I get out of what I have left. I keep trying to remind myself that patience is a virtue and it takes patience when starting everything from seed!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl

Class act right there. ^^^ :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom