Bag seed cmh 315 grow

• Thread starter Happysmoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Happysmoke

Happysmoke

Beautiful plants and colors! Nice pull on the DK

Thanks man, I am thinking I'll have maybe 1.5oz? Dried. I am happy with that, although I was hoping for 3ish, I have limited experience and chose the laziest medium and feed combo. Lol.

Happysmoke

Happysmoke

I decided to chop the Black Cherry OG #3 (the red colored one) as my wife volunteered to learn how to trim... Such a sweetheart, and did a decent trim as well. This one had twice the branches but the buds are much smaller, although they feel pretty dense still. The colas are a little fatter than a lighter. I think it will be close to the same weight total as the Durban Kush. Anyway, here are the pics. She is hanging on the 3 hangers on the right.

IMG 20200406 201444

IMG 20200406 201451

IMG 20200406 201520

Happysmoke

Happysmoke

Ok, week forever, 12 if I counted right. I cut the Black Cherry OG tonight, well some of it anyway. The upper portion of the colas started to dry out? I thought it was light burn a week ago so I moved the plant and let it go as it wasn't done yet judging by trichomes. I noticed last night they looked dry on the tops so I decided to chop the colas tonight and let the rest go to ripen the bottom buds. I think I lost at least an 1/8 on the tops... I will need to pay more attention next run.

All the other buds drying are still not ready for jars, the first pick has been 5 days and the 2nd pick 3 days. Humidity in the drying tent varies from 40-60% and temps are running a bit low at 59-63. I am hoping to get around a 10day drying time.

Here is tonight's trim job.

Before the cut
IMG 20200410 204134

Dry tops
IMG 20200410 204153

IMG 20200410 205610

IMG 20200410 211910

10w30

10w30

Supporter
Good luck with the results/taste/potency. im not sure what caused the dryout on top. my blue cheese chop/final results tastes bland/aweful. all that effort. good luck on the smoke report.

Happysmoke

Happysmoke

Good luck with the results/taste/potency. im not sure what caused the dryout on top. my blue cheese chop/final results tastes bland/aweful. all that effort. good luck on the smoke report.

Thanks man, I really don't know about the dry tops either. Growth stalled since about week 5 but I had so many changes I can't pin down the culprit. I had a light leak and bought a new tent, added a light, top dressed with Dr Earth bloom feed. Not sure what I am missing but I don't think any of the strains I have were supposed to take 12 weeks and some are going longer. Yes, much effort over months of time... My buds smell awesome but some are not as big as they should be, like they never bulked up. I am gearing up for another try though, I can do this just need a little practice and loads of patience. Sorry to hear about your smoke report, I am sure your next grow will come out better.

10w30

10w30

Supporter
everyones dropping/starting seeds right now on the farm, i might try too. pressures on

Happysmoke

Happysmoke

everyones dropping/starting seeds right now on the farm, i might try too. pressures on

Definitely time to plant, I am feeling the itch myself. I finally got some autos ordered to share my veg space with photos and I'm going to use the small tent for flowering. My version of a perpetual?

catbuds240

catbuds240

So I decided the tent is too crowded with the male in there so I chopped him today. I am down to 7 but pretty sure one more is male. Neither of the Silver Cindy are showing enough for me to confirm either way though. Anyway, all look healthy, and have good color to me. I am going to stop using the FF big bloom next week as it will be the last of the bottle. I will be switching to something more cost effective and hopefully organic but not sure what yet. Every other day I have been feeding worm tea with molasses bubbled for 24-48 hrs. When it's time to feed I add in 2ml/gal of True cal-mag, 1ml/Green life biotics Mychos innoculant, and Every fourth day I add in 15ml/gal of FF Big Bloom. So far so good, hoping that trend continues.View attachment 938401View attachment 938402View attachment 938403
hey man just curious when you are feeding your teas are you PHing them prior to feeding or letting them role the ph it brews to? I have been hearing varying things on that matter. Just curious what you do.

Happysmoke

Happysmoke

Week 12 update

I was wrong on the week last update, it seems I counted wrong, it was only week 10+. Anyhow, here's the real one.

The Leia, Silver Cindy, and birthday bag seed are still ripening and all are looking very nice. All of these have super dense buds and are incredibly, frosty. The Leia and Silver Cindy smell great but are not overpowering. The Birthday bag seed is incredibly loud, can't wait to pull these.

I finished drying and trimmed everything I have pulled so far. Everything got jarred up with temp humidity sensors and boost packs. I was trying to wait till the stems snapped like is common info but my buds seemed dryer than they should and still stems just folded. So I decided to test jar some and found the humidity a bit low so I pulled it all. Not sure if this has to do with the fact that my buds so far are a bit fluffy, not terrible but there you have it. So without further ado here is the weights and initial smoke report for what I have pulled.

Black Cherry OG #2
Buds are on the fluffy side, a little more leaf than I would prefer but loud and frosty. Smells like a fruit basket on steroids with just a little stink behind it. Tastes hashy and a little peppery, but isn't cured long so hoping that goes away. Only chopped the tops as the dry tops freaked me out and looked like they were spreading. I got about 3/4 oz so far but only about 9 grams of decent bud. The rest will go toward bubble hash.
IMG 20200418 163532

Black Cherry OG #3
Smaller buds but a bit more desity and little less leaf. Still a little fluffy but super frosty, loud. Smells like a skunk pissed on the fruit basket. Tastes pretty smooth with just a hint of homegrown aftertaste, hoping that goes away. This puts me to sleep in less than an hour and I sleep great. I got almost 1oz of good bud and put about 2 1/2oz for hash, a lot of that is buds just too fluffy to bother smoking.
IMG 20200418 173311

Durban Kush
Biggest buds are about 2 grams after trimming. Not big like this strain is known for, guessing it was me. This dried for 7 days and stems weren't snapping still so I pulled it. It is a bit dry, jar only getting to about 50RH after three days in jars? Anyway, I got about 19 grams of good bud, albeit dry, and a bit fluffy. I also got about 1 1/2oz of good trim for hash. This bud is loud, smells just like Durban Poison with a little more funk. Tastes a bit harsh, probably my drying, not sure if it will go away. The high is nice, energetic for 1/2 hour or so then start to burn a bit.
IMG 20200418 163346

Happysmoke

Happysmoke

hey man just curious when you are feeding your teas are you PHing them prior to feeding or letting them role the ph it brews to? I have been hearing varying things on that matter. Just curious what you do.

I actually read somewhere ( have not verified it is true) that the bacteria grow best around a neutral pH so I was checking pH before brewing and aiming for 6.8-7. Although the few times I checked after brewing they were usually 6.5-6.8 so I usually don't bother to recheck before feeding anymore.

Happysmoke

Happysmoke

I cut a sample from the Leia and dried it out in a paper bag with some trim. Took about 4 days. Initial smoke report is super nice. Smells like flowers and candy, tastes super smooth, a hint of pine and berries, expands nicely. High lasts a couple hours and is nice and mellow without couch lock. Definitely a social smoke. This so far is by far my best weed. Awesome bag appeal, super frosty.

IMG 20200419 153347

I am having a concern over weather or not to harvest the Leia as the trichs are almost all cloudy with some still clear but the plant looks like it's dying. It has lost most of it's leaves and the ones on the buds are beginning to die off now. Here is a pick, let me know if I should chop now.

IMG 20200418 192622

The Silver Cindy and birthday seed are still going strong and have mostly cloudy trichs just waiting for them to finish.

IMG 20200418 192317

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

I cut a sample from the Leia and dried it out in a paper bag with some trim. Took about 4 days. Initial smoke report is super nice. Smells like flowers and candy, tastes super smooth, a hint of pine and berries, expands nicely. High lasts a couple hours and is nice and mellow without couch lock. Definitely a social smoke. This so far is by far my best weed. Awesome bag appeal, super frosty.

View attachment 963959

I am having a concern over weather or not to harvest the Leia as the trichs are almost all cloudy with some still clear but the plant looks like it's dying. It has lost most of it's leaves and the ones on the buds are beginning to die off now. Here is a pick, let me know if I should chop now.

View attachment 963961

The Silver Cindy and birthday seed are still going strong and have mostly cloudy trichs just waiting for them to finish.

View attachment 963962

I start thinking mold when bud leaf's start drying up, but I have humidity issues you may not.

Maybe start plucking all the dead and dying foliage, be a shame to get dried up dead leaf flakes all over those sticky trich's

Happysmoke

Happysmoke

I start thinking mold when bud leaf's start drying up, but I have humidity issues you may not.

Maybe start plucking all the dead and dying foliage, be a shame to get dried up dead leaf flakes all over those sticky trich's

I will check closer for any mold, I had not noticed any but it is easy to miss what your not looking for. I have not had any humidity issues that I know of. It is usually under 50%. I did not know high humidity or mold would cause the leaves to dry up an die, I will make note of that for future reference. I agree about the leaf flakes, I pulled any that were dead or dry at all, I had been cleaning her up every couple days but got sidetracked with many other projects, kids, honey doos etc. The only downside I see is that it didn't leave many leaves other than the sugar leaves. Any how I decided to chop her last night. I will post that adventure when I get home from work.

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

I will check closer for any mold, I had not noticed any but it is easy to miss what your not looking for. I have not had any humidity issues that I know of. It is usually under 50%. I did not know high humidity or mold would cause the leaves to dry up an die, I will make note of that for future reference. I agree about the leaf flakes, I pulled any that were dead or dry at all, I had been cleaning her up every couple days but got sidetracked with many other projects, kids, honey doos etc. The only downside I see is that it didn't leave many leaves other than the sugar leaves. Any how I decided to chop her last night. I will post that adventure when I get home from work.
You got it backwards. Dead/dry leaf's and high humidity cause mold.

Happysmoke

Happysmoke

Oh, got it. I was a little dazed this am working on a few hours sleep as it took way longer than expected to chop and hang last night. Scissors were getting glued together really quickly and I decided to take scissor hash because I was out of alcohol... The isopropyl type anyway.

Happysmoke

Happysmoke

So, here is the Leia plant chop and hang. What a pain in the ass. I went through several gloves, had the clean scissors every few buds. It took 8 frosty cold ones and way more time than I want to admit to. In my infinite wisdom, I had decided to wet trim to perfection as I was thinking dry would be more of a chore. I may have been wrong. Haha. I think I got close to 2.5oz of dense buds and 2 or so of trim. We shall see when dried. Anyway, here she is in all her glory.

IMG 20200420 194444

IMG 20200420 230842

IMG 20200421 191705

IMG 20200421 191716

Happysmoke

Happysmoke

Week 13 update

Only two left in the flower tent waiting to be chopped. The Silver Cindy is super frosty and the trichs on it are hard like glass, when you touch it your hands don't get sticky... Weird? Anyhow, the sample bud from it is super dank but no smell until you crack open a bud. The birthday bag seed plant is nice and bushy, has red and purple leaves, and is pungent and sticky. The Leia plant has Ben drying 5 days so far and is almost ready for jars. I ordered an herbs now dryer to save space, I am waiting for it's arrival to chop the remaining two plants. I am also waiting on an order from seedsman to get here so I can plant my next crop.anyway here are some pics.

IMG 20200423 191108

IMG 20200423 191104

Leia drying
IMG 20200425 213116

IMG 20200425 213132

IMG 20200425 213141

Top Bottom