Bag Seed Hunting & The Lst Adventure

• Thread starter rmoltis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Tonight I turned the hid off and left the two 2700k led bulbs on.

The lower chamber I turned off 8 bulbs and left on 4 .

Since the plants were pushing hard all flower the lower light let's me drop the tent temps down to around 78°
Helps preserve the terpenes and keep the trich's from oxidizing in the heat.
It will also allow her to focus less on cooling and divert that to resin.

Set the timers to give her 9hrs of light tonight.

Last edited:
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Made some homemade mac'n'cheese tonight from scratch.

3 year old cabot aged white cheddar is our goto cheese for this recipe. Haven't found a better one yet.

Italian spiced bread crumbs on top
This is one of my most favorite recipes

20170326 202534
20170326 203255

justiceman

justiceman

True, that's how I ended up here. Google searches and every time I visited I liked the format/feel here so I started lurking. Now Im on here too much :speechless:
I already liked the old format from back in the day, so when I finally logged back on sometime around Nov I was like WOW THIS PLACE IS AWESOME NOW!

Made some homemade mac'n'cheese tonight from scratch.

3 year old cabot aged white cheddar is our goto cheese for this recipe. Haven't found a better one yet.

Italian spiced bread crumbs on top
This is one of my most favorite recipes

View attachment 684163 View attachment 684164
:speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless: #thedream

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
:speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless: #thedream

That. Looks. Amazing.

That looks legit R! Love me some good Mac n cheese!

Thanks guys.
It was a farmers recipe from 1946.

I can't claim it for my own.
But we have found our own cheese that fits perfect.
Large e9f0ebc6 ce4d 4a85 842d 914bee5d5f0c

So far we only find it at Costco.

We tell people it is the best mac and cheese ever. No one has not loved this recipe yet made with our specs.

Only when we started experimenting on new cheeses is when the recipe went bad a few times.

The cheese choice pretty much makes or breaks this recipe.

The 2nd important ingredient is grass fed organic milk (the one in a glass bottle with cream on top is most ideal)

The 3rd is the bread crumbs. The ones with Italian seasoning make it smell like buttered garlic bread when it comes out of the oven. But plain works great too.

4th is the pasta shape and type.
The durum semolina works best for texture. Shape is best as elbow macaroni or penne noodles.

Ingredients
  • 1 (8 oz) package of elbow Macaroni
  • 4 tablespoons Butter
  • 4 tablespoons Flour
  • 1 cup Milk
  • 1 cup Cream
  • 1/2 teaspoon Salt
  • Fresh Ground Black Pepper To Taste
  • 2 cups Cheddar Cheese Shredded
  • 1/2 cup Bread Crumbs Buttered

How to Make It.
  1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
  2. Cook and drain macaroni according to package directions; set aside.
  3. In a large saucepan melt butter.
  4. Add flour mixed with salt and pepper, using a whisk to stir until well blended.
  5. Pour milk and cream in gradually; stirring constantly.
  6. Bring to boiling point and boil 2 minutes (stirring constantly).
  7. Reduce heat and cook (stirring constantly) 10 minutes.
  8. Add shredded cheddar and mix until the until cheese melts.
  9. Turn off flame.
  10. Add macaroni to the saucepan. Mix with wooden spoon
  11. Transfer macaroni to a 9x9.
  12. Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top.
  13. Cook in oven on middle rack for 20 minutes or until bread crumbs are toasted golden brown.

Now you guys have one of my most favorite recipes.

I prefer to make a double recipe in a 13x9. It's so good a 9x9 just isn't enough when you want 2nds lol.

Last edited:
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
The temps have risen in my area the past week. It has been 70-74° through winter with heat on in the house.

Well heat is off and it's starting to getting hot inside. My choice was air conditioning or opening the windows.

I opened the house for airflow overnight. The temps have stayed a good 73-77° but the humidity has raised significantly.
20170327 110011

Being used to low rh%. I was sweating in bed last night when dew point hit outside:cry:.

My ladies are in their final days and now they see a higher rh% lol.

I need dry air right now, but for curing this would be good.

justiceman

justiceman

The temps have risen in my area the past week. It has been 70-74° through winter with heat on in the house.

Well heat is off and it's starting to getting hot inside. My choice was air conditioning or opening the windows.

I opened the house for airflow overnight. The temps have stayed a good 73-77° but the humidity has raised significantly.
View attachment 684303

Being used to low rh%. I was sweating in bed last night when dew point hit outside:cry:.

My ladies are in their final days and now they see a higher rh% lol.

I need dry air right now, but for curing this would be good.
I was about to ask for the recipe too. Thanks Man!

My humidity has been about 50-59 the whole run. I wanted low or mid 40s for flower but I don't have much control aside from a dehumidifier I'd hate to run. But it's been fine for me so far. It'll definitely be good for drying and curing.

incogneato

incogneato

Thanks guys.
It was a farmers recipe from 1946.

I can't claim it for my own.
But we have found our own cheese that fits perfect.
View attachment 684288
So far we only find it at Costco.

We tell people it is the best mac and cheese ever. No one has not loved this recipe yet made with our specs.

Only when we started experimenting on new cheeses is when the recipe went bad a few times.

The cheese choice pretty much makes or breaks this recipe.

The 2nd important ingredient is grass fed organic milk (the one in a glass bottle with cream on top is most ideal)

The 3rd is the bread crumbs. The ones with Italian seasoning make it smell like buttered garlic bread when it comes out of the oven. But plain works great too.

4th is the pasta shape and type.
The durum semolina works best for texture. Shape is best as elbow macaroni or penne noodles.

Ingredients
  • 1 (8 oz) package of elbow Macaroni
  • 4 tablespoons Butter
  • 4 tablespoons Flour
  • 1 cup Milk
  • 1 cup Cream
  • 1/2 teaspoon Salt
  • Fresh Ground Black Pepper To Taste
  • 2 cups Cheddar Cheese Shredded
  • 1/2 cup Bread Crumbs Buttered

How to Make It.
  1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
  2. Cook and drain macaroni according to package directions; set aside.
  3. In a large saucepan melt butter.
  4. Add flour mixed with salt and pepper, using a whisk to stir until well blended.
  5. Pour milk and cream in gradually; stirring constantly.
  6. Bring to boiling point and boil 2 minutes (stirring constantly).
  7. Reduce heat and cook (stirring constantly) 10 minutes.
  8. Add shredded cheddar and mix until the until cheese melts.
  9. Turn off flame.
  10. Add macaroni to the saucepan. Mix with wooden spoon
  11. Transfer macaroni to a 9x9.
  12. Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top.
  13. Cook in oven on middle rack for 20 minutes or until bread crumbs are toasted golden brown.

Now you guys have one of my most favorite recipes.

I prefer to make a double recipe in a 13x9. It's so good a 9x9 just isn't enough when you want 2nds lol.
Screen shotted that bad boy. Expect to see it on my next day off!

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
My chronic pain has been psychologically driving me crazy.

I tried setting up a primary doctor last year. And since I had established a (slight) repoor. I decided to give him a call.

His wife answered I explained the situation. She asked when woukd be good. I said "anytime, he'll I can come in now if you can". She said "how far awaybyou live" I said "5 miles". She asked the doctor and said come on over.

They only charged $45 for a non insured visit which is more reasonable than the usual $120-140 i usually am quoted.

He was a very nice doctor.
He made sure to ask lots of questions.
He made sure to listen to all I had to say.

We actually had an adult conversation where we each had turns talking!!!

He answered all my questions and ideas.

His motto was "we need to fix the problem, not the symptoms" :cry::cry::cry:

I'm like damn all docs I meet just want the simple fix that masks the problem.
This guy just cuts straight to the cause.
I loved this!!

He also recommends more whole body treatment. He hand wrote the specific vitamins I need each day along with recommended mgs :D.

He told me of an all natural pain relieving gell that absorbs into the skin and to try tgat first before we go into deeper treatments.

He offers the more natural remedies first which is awesome!

He was very professional, knowledgeable, and friendly.
So the wtf was up with my surgeon?

I just want to reiterate I'm not a fan of taking pills unless needed. I believe if I can avoid them as much as possible I'll be good in life. This doctor gave me all available options to experiment with which I will do starting tomorrow without the pain meds.

But for the first time in 6 months I was given a relief from my pain.
They're the 5mg Vicodin which to any junkie is considered too weak.

But for me being in pain. One half of one pill is very effective. I can't belief the weight on my shoulders that just fell off once the pain killer kicked in.

Damn! :D:)

I feel good and pain has been minimized. I feel like I been dragging a ball and chain around and for today I have been set free.

It has turned this bright sunny day into a happy day for me.

incogneato

incogneato

My chronic pain has been psychologically driving me crazy.

I tried setting up a primary doctor last year. And since I had established a (slight) repoor. I decided to give him a call.

His wife answered I explained the situation. She asked when woukd be good. I said "anytime, he'll I can come in now if you can". She said "how far awaybyou live" I said "5 miles". She asked the doctor and said come on over.

They only charged $45 for a non insured visit which is more reasonable than the usual $120-140 i usually am quoted.

He was a very nice doctor.
He made sure to ask lots of questions.
He made sure to listen to all I had to say.

We actually had an adult conversation where we each had turns talking!!!

He answered all my questions and ideas.

His motto was "we need to fix the problem, not the symptoms" :cry::cry::cry:

I'm like damn all docs I meet just want the simple fix that masks the problem.
This guy just cuts straight to the cause.
I loved this!!

He also recommends more whole body treatment. He hand wrote the specific vitamins I need each day along with recommended mgs :D.

He told me of an all natural pain relieving gell that absorbs into the skin and to try tgat first before we go into deeper treatments.

He offers the more natural remedies first which is awesome!

He was very professional, knowledgeable, and friendly.
So the wtf was up with my surgeon?

I just want to reiterate I'm not a fan of taking pills unless needed. I believe if I can avoid them as much as possible I'll be good in life. This doctor gave me all available options to experiment with which I will do starting tomorrow without the pain meds.

But for the first time in 6 months I was given a relief from my pain.
They're the 5mg Vicodin which to any junkie is considered too weak.

But for me being in pain. One half of one pill is very effective. I can't belief the weight on my shoulders that just fell off once the pain killer kicked in.

Damn! :D:)

I feel good and pain has been minimized. I feel like I been dragging a ball and chain around and for today I have been set free.

It has turned this bright sunny day into a happy day for me.
Guess I'm a junkie then because they are weak lol. Glad you found a great doc and some well deserved relief R. Its nice to be heard when you need help instead of shuffled off

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Guess I'm a junkie then because they are weak lol. Glad you found a great doc and some well deserved relief R. Its nice to be heard when you need help instead of shuffled off

Thanks man I feel light. The weight has been temporarily lifted. Feels good. I feel like I was actually treated, not just heard or ignored

I'm not saying you are a junkie.
It's just most people who say they aren't strong enough use them to get high.

So when the doc starts on the weak ones they don't work cause they have a tolerance already.

Whereas someone who needs it would be able to start on the weak stuff and have it work. Since they have 0 tolerance to it.

But over time from a pain management view a patient's tolerance will rise.

incogneato

incogneato

Thanks man I feel light. The weight has been temporarily lifted. Feels good. I feel like I was actually treated, not just heard or ignored

I'm not saying you are a junkie.
It's just most people who say they aren't strong enough use them to get high.

So when the doc starts on the weak ones they don't work cause they have a tolerance already.

Whereas someone who needs it would be able to start on the weak stuff and have it work. Since they have 0 tolerance to it.

But over time from a pain management view a patient's tolerance will rise.
I'm just messing with you bud. I do have a fair tolerance to opiates but I still only get the "weak" ones when I do get them as I have a taste for them so to speak. I'm well past that time in my life thankfully and only use them when it becomes unbearable to be on my feet all night. It was hard not to offer sending you some of mine but its just not a risk either of us could afford I'm sure.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I'm just messing with you bud. I do have a fair tolerance to opiates but I still only get the "weak" ones when I do get them as I have a taste for them so to speak. I'm well past that time in my life thankfully and only use them when it becomes unbearable to be on my feet all night. It was hard not to offer sending you some of mine but its just not a risk either of us could afford I'm sure.

I agree! The thought is nice but like you said not worth the possible consequences.

It is just a problem i had to work through. Consider it growing pains.

The driving motivation was pain and boy is that a good one.

I hate dealing with doctors and have avoided them so long, I have a sort of aversion.

I just needed to realize I guess that they can help me if I follow protocol.
But protocol is seeing your doc every few months, checkups, physicals etc.

I'm used to seeing doctors only when needed.

If I get a doctor patient relationship with this guy. Maybe over time he can get to know me better and be more willing to help me out when needed.

incogneato

incogneato

I agree! The thought is nice but like you said not worth the possible consequences.

It is just a problem i had to work through. Consider it growing pains.

The driving motivation was pain and boy is that a good one.

I hate dealing with doctors and have avoided them so long, I have a sort of aversion.

I just needed to realize I guess that they can help me if I follow protocol.
But protocol is seeing your doc every few months, checkups, physicals etc.

I'm used to seeing doctors only when needed.

If I get a doctor patient relationship with this guy. Maybe over time he can get to know me better and be more willing to help me out when needed.
I had to do the same, my old back doc sucked, he got greedy and way overbooked his appts. Had to start over with this new guy but he's a good guy. I can tell he genuinely wants the help me feel better.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I increased the dark cycle by 1hr. Down to 8hrs of light tomorrow.

They are in the final stretch.

The mozarella is milking up (finally) cause I can see the swelling trichs.

The amnesia lemon is sucking her leaves dead and just has a couple white hairs left.

The purple haze auto has almost all red hairs too with dying fans.

Looks like they will all harvest at the same time :).

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Quick question R. I know its strain dependent but roughly how long did it take to get from 60-70% milky to the harvest window?

Gosh I dunno I haven't timed that before. It's very strain dependant.

I notice it's maximum onset closer to death. But it started probably 1-2 weeks ago?

I think I did some trichome closeups one day with clear and a 2nd time with the milky trichomes starting to form. It's buried lol

The tops turn the fastest so the beast clone for example changed very rapidl because she is all tops. But the tops also swell with more oil so even though they turn they need time to hit peak..

The beast tops hit milky very fast. But the lowers are farther from the light they are barely catching up towards harvest.

So It depends on distance from the lights and how much each site receives. Along with genetics.

they push out resin until the last day it seems like

Last edited:
Top Bottom