• Thread starter rmoltis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Those manifolds look great, ready to support some hefty buds

Did you have to continue training after initial manifold was completed @ArcticOrange ? Or did you just let it grow out and do its thing? I've been contemplating buying stakes lately.

OutdoorOH

OutdoorOH

Very true . didn't think of it like that. I guess it would be into flower yet just staging for it pretty much. So is this something for preflower or do people use it for the entire flower cycle? Sorry for so many questions lol I'm a newb

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Very true . didn't think of it like that. I guess it would be into flower yet just staging for it pretty much. So is this something for preflower or do people use it for the entire flower cycle? Sorry for so many questions lol I'm a newb

This is just a vegetative technique.
People trying to replicate nature find that no where in the world does the day last 18hrs or 24hrs of daylight.

They like the concept of allowing plants to get a good amount of nightime. Plants need sleep just like we do. They use different processes during the dark than the daytime.

Daytime they photosynthesis and store nutrients. During the night they build and grow. So people want to strike the balance between the 2. without being lopsided on 1 half of the whole process.

Once ready to flower I will change the light cycle to 12/12. I don't want to experiment too much on my first grow.
I need a good standard to compare future grows to first.

Once I get some experience under my belt. Then I can experiment with new concepts.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Did u add some Cal Mag for the plant w spots?

YJ

I've been using earth juice oily cann throughout my feedings. I guess I could try upping the dose a little bit.

The symptoms only seem to be on this 1 plant. The rest seem very healthy :(
20160320 235320

I got my nute bubbler set up today.
1458532011519 814300255

Last edited:
ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

Did you have to continue training after initial manifold was completed @ArcticOrange ? Or did you just let it grow out and do its thing? I've been contemplating buying stakes lately.

I trained each cola to a stake for support since tying off from above was not an option for me.

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

I trained each cola to a stake for support since tying off from above was not an option for me.
You could easily wait til the stretch is over though. I waited til they were filling in and had a final idea of plant mass

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
You could easily wait til the stretch is over though. I waited til they were filling in and had a final idea of plant mass

Gotch'ya. I'm thinking of staking now in the new dirt around the pot perimeter. Where the root empty space still is. I'm worried if I do it later the stakes will ruin some of the new roots.

Yellowjacket

Yellowjacket

Cal mag was mainly for all that chlorotic (lacking chlorophyll) new growth. Calcium and magnesium are building blocks so they can get used up differently by each plant but are needed.

The spots look to b burns from nutes being splashed and light shining thru not Manganes or Potassium deficiencies.

YJ

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

Gotch'ya. I'm thinking of staking now in the new dirt around the pot perimeter. Where the root empty space still is. I'm worried if I do it later the stakes will ruin some of the new roots.
It doesnt hurt to be prepared, you could always stske now and train as needed, get it planned out. Sounds like a good idea to me

Dunge

Dunge

To experiment is great.
To experiment from a solid grounding in imaginative thinking and "blue balls" logic is problematic.

Having yet to sex the plants, you run a solid risk of learning nothing should ANY of your plants show as male.

Impatience is a characteristic of no good farmer.

I'm emotionally invested in the success of fellow farmers.
Manifold pruning is enough experimentation for me in one thread.
This comes from a grower who hasn't turned off the veg lights for years.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Having yet to sex the plants, you run a solid risk of learning nothing should ANY of your plants show as male.

Impatience is a characteristic of no good farmer.

I'm emotionally invested in the success of fellow farmers.
Manifold pruning is enough experimentation for me in one thread.

I have a world of patience if you met me in real life. It's rather than fact I have less than 2" of vertical space left before I have to flip. So maybe I should have said time is getting impatient.

And I feel like even if they turn out to be all male I could theoretically compare the glr growth rates to the 45 days of photo progression I have stacked up on.

The only problem is. After transplant, and glr switch. They have accelerated in growth quite quickly. Which will be forcing my hand to flip within the next 1-3 days. That surely isn't enough data to make any bold claims.

Nor can I separate whether it was the transplant or the photoperiod switch that did it. I will have to run separate tests in later grows.

Yesterday I had "2 of vertical height left towards my goal of "10 plant b4 the flip.
It is still in its night period for the majority of today. As of now with 4hrs of darkness so far. The vertical height remaining until flip is now "1.5 left. so I expect a good amount of growth before lights on @8pm.

If my calculations are correct. I'm guessing I'll reach my desired vertical height by tomorrow night.
That will be my flip time to 12/12

My nutes have been bubbling all night. And I'm excited to see how well the plants respond to it. It would be nice to not have to use pH up as much to make the large pH swing from 4 pH up to 6.5.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
@jumpincactus requested some manifold shots. I have some in the root pictures but not all, and not focused on the manifold specifically.

The bonds have been removed from all plants. I'm happy with their shape currently.

First picture is always my center girl.
View attachment 583663
This one is the stretcher
View attachment 583665
Here is the 5 brancher front+back
View attachment 583670
View attachment 583669
And here are the rest starting with the one with 1 skinny/runt branch on the manifold.
View attachment 583667

View attachment 583668

Lights come on in a couple hours.
I'll take my canopy pictures then.

Today I'm looking into a bubbler to bubble my nutes overnight. I got a 3 gal water jug for it. It should be big enough to supply five 2 gallon pots.
Nice work thus far. I always knew you would make an awesome farmer!!!. Please be sure to post up your dry weight yields with the manifold style you are using. :smoking::cool:

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Nice work thus far. I always knew you would make an awesome farmer!!!. Please be sure to post up your dry weight yields with the manifold style you are using. :smoking::cool:

Thx chief!

Quick question @jumpincactus .
How long do you have to bubble your nutes before you notice an upturn in ph? I bubbled them for 20hrs or so and the ph was still sitting at 4. I had to use quite a lot of ph up to get it where I wanted to feed on time.

I want to know for next time.
That way I can time my nute bubbling farther ahead so they will be ready for next watering.

My air pump is rated for a 20 gallon aquarium but only bubbling 2-3 gallons of water with an air stone in the bottom. It is rolling pretty good.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
After @ArcticOrange 's mainlining experience. Coupled with this aggressive growth starting.

I've decided tonight to set my timer to 12/12. Tomorrow will be their first night phase @12hrs.

There was no noticeable stress to recover from due to the transplanting.
Plants seem healthy and strong.
The tallest plant is at "9.
So by the end of tomorrow's night phase
They should hit the 10" vertical goal.

I'm really excited for this.

My question guys is which day does flower feed start?

The day of flip or later?

I have 2 more feedings worth of veg nutes. I expected to have more time
Before flip. Is it acceptable to use these before nute transition?

Last edited:
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Thx chief!

Quick question @jumpincactus .
How long do you have to bubble your nutes before you notice an upturn in ph? I bubbled them for 20hrs or so and the ph was still sitting at 4. I had to use quite a lot of ph up to get it where I wanted to feed on time.

I want to know for next time.
That way I can time my nute bubbling farther ahead so they will be ready for next watering.

My air pump is rated for a 20 gallon aquarium but only bubbling 2-3 gallons of water with an air stone in the bottom. It is rolling pretty good.
What was you tap or source water Ph to start with? I typically start with 7.0/7.1 source water and after mixing nutes the Ph falls to 4.5 as EJ is acidic out of the gate. I bubble 24 hrs there about and after 24 hrs my Ph has risen to 5.0/5.1. Then of course I have to Ph up to around 6.5 for soil feeds.

This is just a minor downside to EJ. Hope this helped.........

As we discussed on the phone I personally start with some light bloom nutes a week or so before flip. My thinking is I want the gurlz to have a pre-boost of bloom nutes a bit early so when they switch hormones to flower mode they already have some of those minerals and nutes to allow for the stretch and flower cycle. I dont have any scientific papers to back this up it is just my personal preference...........:smoking:

Top Bottom