Bag Seed Hunting & The Lst Adventure

• Thread starter rmoltis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Today I trimmed whatever big fan leaves were easily accessed. Today will be day 6 of drying. So those fan leaves I trimmed were shriveled and almost dried. Most were still flexible.

I just didn't want to wait for her to overdry. Things would be much harder to trim up.

I will use the trimmed leaves in something cooked I feel.

At what point should I start to jar her up?

Yard dog

Yard dog

Just read through your grow. Nice buds from such a humble start with bag seed. As for cat hair, my god that stuff gets everywhere. Glad to see I am not the only one. Still beats the hell out of brick weed.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Today was day 6 hang drying.

I cut off all the flowers at the base of their stems. The main tops I trimmed as 4 fat nugs. They went in 1 jar with some buds. The other jar was all buds no cola tops. An analog hygrometer went in the jar currently reading %62 right now. Both jars are 32oz Mason jars.
20160522 190633

tiny popcorn buds/larf is being left out in %60rh home air for me to smoke at my leisure.
20160522 173707

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
It has been been 12 days since harvest. Buds are still jar curing. I burp them 2-3x throughout the day. The analog hygrometer is reading just a hair over %60. The buds are still super sticky. The smell during curing is great. It has a very sweet smell. Getting all stuck together in clumps. It will be a great day when they are done curing.

What is the minimum time people like to cure before smoking? I kind of figured 2 weeks from harvest was going to be my minimum, but I won't mind waiting longer if it needs the time to finish.

I was looking at my kill-a-watt strip today. Everything running in the tent runs through it. It recorded 772 total kilowatt hours for the whole grow. At .07cents per kilowatt hr that's about $60.

Last edited:
Trucker

Trucker

It has been been 12 days since harvest. Buds are still jar curing. I burp them 2-3x throughout the day. The analog hygrometer is reading just a hair over %60. The buds are still super sticky. The smell during curing is great. It has a very sweet smell. Getting all stuck together in clumps. It will be a great day when they are done curing.

What is the minimum time people like to cure before smoking? I kind of figured 2 weeks from harvest was going to be my minimum, but I won't mind waiting longer if it needs the time to finish.

I was looking at my kill-a-watt strip today. Everything running in the tent runs through it. It recorded 772 total kilowatt hours for the whole grow. At .07cents per kilowatt hr that's about $60.
I would say $60 well spent :)

Krypto

Krypto

Moltis.... you can put the seeds into their pretty much as soon as the tail pops out. Me personally Kama I use the paper towel method similar to what you do except I cover the plate with plastic cling-wrap, and then poke one hole in it literally one hole with the end of an ink pen. 48 hours later put on and your dirt or your hydro or whatever. I like to go to the Tails out to about an inch long. I think a lot of people over think growing and just as many people don't do the basic research they need to know. Trial and error isn't necessarily a bad thing but looking back on my beginnings I have to laugh... my learning curve was basically the circle LOL.
Chiming in on The Bad Seed conversation... I have a cookies that's came from a bag seed and it's better than the but it came out of. Same way with my Louie XIII OG. Also I have strawberrydogshit from connoisseur genetics my partner has worked in a little bit and now I'm on F4 and just this week found that special lady. But my opinion would be if you spent that much money on your setup, what's a hundred bucks for a pack of a good seeds or if you go to sannie you could probably get 2 or 3 packs. My system is well under five hundred bucks 600 watt HPS recycled organic living soil compost tea and plastic white plastic root bags $0.50 each. I got guys that I know personally that have $10,000 in a setup but their s*** doesn't even come close to mine. I would have to chalk that up to genetics Point Blank.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
End Of First Grow.

Last edited:
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Started my 2nd bagseed grow.

I took the 2 biggest seeds out of the mix. along with 3 seeds out of @jumpincactus smoke (they were separated & labeled. Thise 3 were sour Dubbs X Querkle. They are the 3 on the right.

20160612 181716

They are in the lower chamber with only 4 out of 8 t5 bulbs on. This is to create enough heat to help them germinate. Along with raising the humidity in there.

OutdoorOH

OutdoorOH

Good stuff @rmoltis look forward to tagging along for your second grow. How's the smoke from the first run have you got to sample any yet

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Good stuff @rmoltis look forward to tagging along for your second grow. How's the smoke from the first run have you got to sample any yet

The smoke from the first grow turned out very nice. It has a very heady high to it initially for a while that tapers off into a relaxed sleepy/tiredness Later on.

Once I started using my new vape the arizer extreme Q. The flavor really started coming through. It has a sort of piney taste to it when the temps are low. Nice and tasty for sure lots of flavor . Much more clear headed and energetic off the vape.

But when hit through the bong. The combustion destroys much of those delicate smells and tastes. But gets you even higher than the vape. It hits you harder since you get the good and the bad byproducts of combustion. Starts out in the brain. Then migrates into a laid back relaxed feeling night.

I'll come home and a good smoke/vape does wonders for my tired from work self. Helps relax my brain too.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Today after work I noticed 1 of the seeds popped a taproot. 1st one to start was 1 of the sour Dubbs × Querkle.

The 2 fat bagseeds looked like there was a bulge in the seed shell where the taproot is pushing through. They should be out by today or tomorrow probably.

I will wait until they all sprout roots to plant em.
This way they all get planted at the same depth same day. Evens out their starting heights when they break the soil.

Can't wait for this 2nd round to truly begin (in soil). :party1:

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I took 5 similar 4" containers. Then scooped 5 pots worth of the soil into a gallon jug with screw off lid. I then mixed some earth juice mychorizae and soil microbes (earth Juice's biozeus) into the soil. Then turned, flipped, rotated, shook it up real good.

filled up each pot with soil. I took a spray bottle of water to saturate the soil. Then took a skewer to poke a 1" deep hole in each pot. Dropped each seed taproot up.
because they like to turn around digging down to gain leverage to hoist it's seed cover up and off through the soil.

Then I sprayed a little more water. On top to settle the soil top cover of the seeds.

20160613 205013

G gnome

G gnome

Two weeks in the jar is the shortest I go .
STR8
Agreed. 2wks minimum

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Today is the day the gals reveal themselves. On a side note putting the seeds in the soil taproot up really helped the seedlings pull their shells off.

Last grow I put them in taproot down and they emerged with shells still attached.

Big bagseed #2 needed a Lil help Removing it's shell. It was a big thick one. I had to Nic a small chunk of the shell off where the taproot pops out while it was on the paper towel. Seemed too tough for the roots to get through. Or let the water inside.
So it looks funky still but in a few days it's Cotyledons should either green up and grow. Or it will end up being the runt of the group. Here is the culprit.
20160615 151517

Followed by the rest. I took the pics at an angle to identify which is which.
20160615 151418

20160615 151433

20160615 151446

20160615 151457

The sour Dubbs X Querkle seedlings have some red coloring to their Cotyledons. Hope this is a sign of great things to come.

And if anyone is wondering why my soil "looks" so wet. It's because I have to saturate them enough to not let them dry out during my (8-10 hr workday). I have had a few close calls already on the days I've stayed late at work(12hrs+). Even in the morning after 7-8hrs of sleep. So yes they will dry out very fast and which means it's all good.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Amazing how only a few hours after being uncovered from underneath the dirt. How quickly they have greened up.
20160615 182350

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Today's update.

20160616 150412

20160616 150417

20160616 150421

20160616 150424

And here is the runt. It hasn't opened up its Cotyledons yet. But it has greened up quite a bit. They should open within the next day or two.
20160616 150434

Stress training begins today to help strengthen these babies up. I lightly touch their tops with my finger and stroke them until the stem/trunk leans lightly. I repeat it a few times on each one.
These seedlings stems are quite stout already. They barely wanted to lean when stroked. This is a great sign I won't have weak branches.

Hey @jumpincactus . Your (sour Dubbs X querkle) seedlings are doing great. Any growing tips on what they like, or what to expect from them?

Last edited:
Top Bottom