Bag Seed Hunting & The Lst Adventure

• Thread starter rmoltis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Mmm I like fruit+veggie smoothies. They are delicious once you find the right combos. Adding some weed leaves I bet would be good for your health.

Hey congrats on quitting cigarettes chief. From all I've seen/grown up around. It is one of/the worst habit to kick. I bet you feel great .

You know, everyone says that, they all expect that you'd be feeling better but, I actually feel like hell. This nicotine addiction is a real bitch, it doesn't let go easy at all, 2 1/2 months later and it's harder now than it was early on. There are fewer craving but, they're much stronger now, when it hits it's a lot like getting kicked in the gut.
I can breath a little bit deeper and I can smell and taste better already so, those things are nice, except when you'd rather not smell something. lol
I really don't want to go back to them and can't afford to go back to them either so, I think I can still keep them behind me, nasty damn things.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Today's update.

20160726 211229
20160726 211254
20160726 211317

Plants are now 5.5" tall. Only 4.5" left to go. You can see the big bagseed #1 clone is in the upper chamber enjoying the mh lighting.

I was telling @jumpincactus I have an SDXQ (#3) with branches thicker than all the rest that I have been calling Hercules. So I figured I'd post some manifold shots of it.

20160726 211210
20160726 211153

I hope it is not a male because it has a great structure I want around.

Last edited:
Trucker

Trucker

Today's update.

View attachment 619531 View attachment 619532 View attachment 619533

Plants are now 5.5" tall. Only 4.5" left to go. You can see the big bagseed #1 clone is in the upper chamber enjoying the mh lighting.

I was telling @jumpincactus I have an SDXQ (#3) with branches thicker than all the rest that I have been calling Hercules. So I figured I'd post some manifold shots of it.

View attachment 619534 View attachment 619535

All looking good out your way :) Looks like you will be ready to flip in the next week or 2.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
All looking good out your way :) Looks like you will be ready to flip in the next week or 2.

I hope so. If they're growing .5" a day. I will estimate that in 9-10 days they will be desired height.

I'm so excited!

I'm a little envious your in flower already while I'm still waiting.

You and @yooper420 's threads are my daily fixes while I wait.

Trucker

Trucker

I hope so. If they're growing .5" a day. I will estimate that in 9-10 days they will be desired height.

I'm so excited!

I'm a little envious your in flower already while I'm still waiting.

You and @yooper420 's threads are my daily fixes while I wait.
That was me on your first grow lol. I was still getting all my things together then :)

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
With 4.5" left to grow I changed my photoperiod to 14/10.

There is a chance it may promote flowering but I'm hoping it doesn't. I still need to transition through 13/11 on my way to 12/12. We shall see how things go. I think this is a good time.

Gotta stick to my diminishing light schedule. I'm trying to promote a more natural (synthetic) environment for the health of my plants.

I personally feel they develop differently based on them sensing the photoperiod and knowing how far along the seasons are. So I want them to have a "full season" growth profile.

I dipped my feet in this last grow using the diminishing light schedule during flower only. This round I wanted to apply it to veg too.

To all those watching stick around for the results over time :).

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Today's update.

View attachment 619531 View attachment 619532 View attachment 619533

View attachment 619534 View attachment 619535

Very nice.!!!! You will love this strain. It exhibits great hybrid vigor. One of my favs over the last few years. Taste and potency was all there. Well shit you know you smoked some of it when you were here. Very tasty indeed.

Great job thus far. Not telling you what to do but I see little stragglers down in the lower nether regions. Clip em so you can direct more energy to the main cola's. Love you man. BTW that Jamaican hot sauce is frikkn killer. I brought some to work today and gave some to my fellow vato's and they couldn't handle it. thanks for the orange fire in a bottle .

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
that Jamaican hot sauce is frikkn killer. I brought some to work today and gave some to my fellow vato's and they couldn't handle it. thanks for the orange fire in a bottle .

It is Bermudan hot sauce. From our honeymoon in bermuda. Glad you liked it. I sure did.

Great job thus far. Not telling you what to do but I see little stragglers down in the lower nether regions. Clip em so you can direct more energy to the main cola's.

You gotta keep up to date on my thread boss ;)
In efforts to reduce crowding I trimmed the lowest 8 fan leaves of each plant but left the new growth tips. I may want those for clones later on.

Last edited:
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
You have a jungle going on in there :)

I think I see a few monkeys swinging in the trees.

It does look like it may get ridiculous once in flower. But then again, once the males are removed it will make extra space for the ladies to stretch out.

5 in 2 gal pots is a good number for my space if plants are unsexed. If sexed I think I'd rather have 4 females each in 3 gal pots. Then I could have 8 tops each.

If I ever do sea of green I have nine 1 gal pots that would fill the space nicely.

The wife is already trying to plan our next vacation since we decided against our anniversary cruise. Seems like I'll never get more than 1 round without having to go somewhere lol.

For months leading up to our anniversary cruise I felt like I didn't want to go. Every week I kept saying I'm not sure I wanna go but if you want I'll still enjoy it/go. We tossed the idea. Then later on the day we would have docked in turkey (if we had gone). Was the day of the embargo of citizens in the country from the revolt that was happening lol. We would have been not allowed to leave until it was over.

The universe had been telling me not to go, and I'm glad I was listening.
But now I owe her 1 cruise sometime this year :p.

I just want grow my plants and work myself to death making money :dead:.
The American dream...

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Today's update.
20160728 224954
20160728 225018
20160728 225035

The tallest today is "7. Just "3 more to go.
The cooltube is "7 above the canopy.
I keep it as close as possible for maximum light exposure.

The clones are doing well.
20160728 225058

The SDQX#3 stopped wilting and has been extending the top node so I know it's alive. Its remaining top leaves are also greening up slightly. Just waiting for it to do something lol.

The SDXQ#1 in the cloner had about 4 roots 1" long so it got transplanted into soil and watered (same regimen as all the others)
20160728 230708

Now I'm just waiting on the SDXQ#2 still in the jacuzzi to sprout roots. Then I can take another set of clones after flower has begun once the sex of all plants are known.

I may even add the established clones to the flowering chamber after males are pulled, but we will see.

Last edited:
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Today's update.
20160730 014750

20160730 014808

20160730 014825

There is a chance that flipping to 14/10 on the diminishing light schedule. Has promoted the transitional phase into flower. They have grown 1" since yesterday and are 8" tall.

The internode spacing seems farther apart leading me to believe the stretch has begun.

Why did my girls transition so quickly?

I think it's the gentle transition of the photoperiod bringing them gradually to their goal. No hard switch from 24/0 or 18/6 straight to 12/12. Also no 24hrs of dark needed to boost before flip.

No wonder some people wait days to see it start occurring it's like a shock to the plant for the photoperiod to advance months/weeks ahead overnight.

These things are just what I've noticed so far in my limited experience , and are just my opinion.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Since they are transitioning into flower I don't have much time left before they hit the 10" mark.

So I set the timer for 13/11 for their night period coming today (to stick to the diminishing light schedule). Then in a day or 2 when at 10" will get the 12/12.

I'm excited it is finally time to get the party started.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I know I said last defoliation it would be the last time before flower.

But this space gets crowded quick with 5 mainlined plants.

So I'll say it one more time since flip is only a couple days away.

This is the last major defoliation before flower.
20160730 072248

20160730 072303

I trimmed fan leaves but left the new branches for clones after sexing.

It will also help control the initial stretch a little bit

If I have many males I can pull back the main stems on the remaining females like last grow and expose them for extra budsites.

I have options :)

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Thanks @yooper420 .

Flip is coming in a day or 2 :D

After all I learned on grow#1.
I'm hoping to kill it this round.

I'm still learning everyday.

Am on about my 10th indoor grow. Still learn something every grow, always have an open mind as someone, somewhere has did it before and hopefully will share their findings. Ya learn from your mistakes as well as those made by others.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Today's update.
20160731 000335

20160731 000352

20160731 000408

They grew another 1". They are now 9" tall. The stretch is on!!

They are definitely in transitional flowering mode. So today I flipped to 12/12. By the end of the first 12/12 night period will be exactly 10" if it was timed right.

Very exciting :D

Top Bottom