Bag Seed Hunting & The Lst Adventure

• Thread starter rmoltis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Trimming most rounds after defoliation+senescence isn't as bad as most people have I think.

I mostly have to get the fan leaves cut out after they turned brown and shrink inside the bud which can be tough in its own way.

The thing that makes trimming easier is the fact that each branch can be cut off individually and trimmed while having a handle.

Looking great man. Can't wait to see the pics after harvest and that smoke report after cure. Oh my.

I'm working on getting there But time is holding me back.

Here are the truly last pics taken right after lights out b4 tent was sealed for darkness period.

The beast bouquet :love2:
20170329 000202

20170329 000215

Mozarella getting her frost on at the end.
20170329 000306

Purple haze auto
20170329 000246

Amnesia lemon
20170329 000325

They get to sleep for a while now:sleep:

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
The guessing of weights for the yeild on the beast is on page115. Got bored and looked it up lol

I was wondering when this would resurface. Anyone want to change their guesses?
We still have time before jar cure is done for accurate weight measurements.

Those tops are very dense and solid.
They will be the hard part to judge for weight. I see just the tops taking up a whole gallon container.

incogneato

incogneato

I was wondering when this would resurface. Anyone want to change their guesses?
We still have time before jar cure is done for accurate weight measurements.

Those tops are very dense and solid.
They will be the hard part to judge for weight. I see just the tops taking up a whole gallon container.
Tough call, for just the beast I'm gonna up my final # to 12.5 zips. I think you my have pulled a bow from the group. I can't wait to see bro. Been a hell of a show. Now the grand finale!

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Tough call, for just the beast I'm gonna up my final # to 12.5 zips. I think you my have pulled a bow from the group. I can't wait to see bro. Been a hell of a show. Now the grand finale!

I was thinking a lb for all plants in all tents. But who knows it's very hard to judge by eye.

I wanna stick to between 9 & 10. I'll keep my original answer.

Cntrlwolf

Cntrlwolf

Hey mr rmoltis! Always love the thread #bagseedboys! I'm in week 7 of flower and some are starting the fade/flush. How are you deciding when to pull? I assume you have a jewelers loop. Seeing as you get all the toys and whistles. I am going off of reading the leaves and the hairs turning. I noticed yours are all solid orange. Just curious if you had any thoughts or comments on when you harvest. Love the thread, always interesting. ✊✌️

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Hey mr rmoltis! Always love the thread #bagseedboys! I'm in week 7 of flower and some are starting the fade/flush. How are you deciding when to pull? I assume you have a jewelers loop. Seeing as you get all the toys and whistles. I am going off of reading the leaves and the hairs turning. I noticed yours are all solid orange. Just curious if you had any thoughts or comments on when you harvest. Love the thread, always interesting. ✊✌️

I always have thoughts comments and opinions lol.

The first one is that I'm skeptical of whether or not 8 weeks is a good average flowering time for cannabis.

This round and last between 10-11 weeks seems like the sweet spot.

When the white hairs stop showing up that means to me that she is getting closer.

As she approaches the end all of her fan and sugar leaves will change color dry up and fall off. This is senescence.

If you don't reach this point your harvesting too early in my opinion.
They will swell up and push out resin up too the end of their fan leaves dying.

But some still have trichomes maturing from to clear to milky still at this point. even after the hairs stop growing, turn red, and the fan leaves dry up and fall off. So trichome maturity is the main step.

My accent plants have no fans, all red hairs and have still been ripening from clear to milky.

If you don't have a trichome loupe it will look like by eye that she is becoming very frosty with white trichomes from the glands swelling.
You will want to see this on your tops and lowers, or a compromise between the 2.

I'm still at very little amber on any plant. Close to none overall under %2 maybe. And these gals hit 77 days tomorrow.

No matter what I think these gals are coming down on Thursday lol. 4.5 months from seed to harvest on the beast & #3, is a long time for these gals.

incogneato

incogneato

I was thinking a lb for all plants in all tents. But who knows it's very hard to judge by eye.

I wanna stick to between 9 & 10. I'll keep my original answer.
Even harder when all I've harvested is one auto at 16g and going off of pics on a cell. I guess I retract my second guess and stick to my guns at 10.5 zips. If this doesn't work out I guess I could try politics with my wishy washy stance :shockedninja:

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Even harder when all I've harvested is one auto at 16g and going off of pics on a cell. I guess I retract my second guess and stick to my guns at 10.5 zips. If this doesn't work out I guess I could try politics with my wishy washy stance :shockedninja:

Well our first guess was before she matured.

Now that we have a better idea of her final size at the end. I see it as fair for one last chance to change your mind.

Cntrlwolf

Cntrlwolf

Thanks for the response! I'm definitely going to at least 9 on half of them. I fully agree about the fan leaves, if they aren't faded it's early. I'm at about the same time frame and feeling the same damn way. If love to let them go but damn... I need to smoke! I just keep telling myself, patience. You made it this far.

incogneato

incogneato

I think next beast I want to attempt defoliating right up to the main tops and see if the tops go into overdrive producing mega tops.

Or if they come out the same size and waste my time :cry:
They look pretty damn fat to me R. Not sure how much more you can squeeze out of em bit I'll be here to watch. I'm hoping I didn't stunt mine with defoliating them. I didn't go overboard so I should be ok. Just want to see them fatten up some in the next 2 weeks

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Thanks for the response! I'm definitely going to at least 9 on half of them. I fully agree about the fan leaves, if they aren't faded it's early. I'm at about the same time frame and feeling the same damn way. If love to let them go but damn... I need to smoke! I just keep telling myself, patience. You made it this far.

If you can swing it id say aim for 10 weeks.

A jewellers loupe would help you a lot.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007...AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=40x+loupe
This 40x is perfect and is $3. Why not buy one?

Once you have one. your harvest quality & yield will improve noticeably. From you allowing each plant to reach full maturity.

A must have tool for the home grower.

Last edited:
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
They look pretty damn fat to me R. Not sure how much more you can squeeze out of em bit I'll be here to watch. I'm hoping I didn't stunt mine with defoliating them. I didn't go overboard so I should be ok. Just want to see them fatten up some in the next 2 weeks

You didn't go overboard.

I was stripping and pulling them all the way through.

Any fans shading budsites get tucked or removed. But any not in the way get left for nutrient storage for senescence.

Even my accent plants had all major fan leaves removed.

I think the tops are much larger this round like I wanted them.

And I do believe I can attribute that to the larger pot with 1 giant plant growing in it.

This round the beast went smoother than any other round and I think growing in 1 big amount of soil helps with nutrient availability, ph buffering, drought protection.

It just made this round a breeze.

I'm sure whenever I have an isolated female plant that i can train. I will want to default to big plant training.

But if I am pheno hunting I'll have to fill the tent with groups of 4.

Latest posts

Top Bottom