Bag Seed Hunting & The Lst Adventure

• Thread starter rmoltis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Tell me something friend, in your opinion is darker shatter not as tasty as some yellow?

You asked my opinion And this is it.

I think a lot of the taste depends on the strain or the extraction method.

For example my iso extractions come out darker than most but still taste amazing because it's a full extraction with all the cannabinoids, but has a tiny % of plant matter.

But a distillate can be very pure, clean & refined yet only contain parts of the cannabinoid profile with terpenes removed.

So taste isn't always what I'd be looking at. It's what your expecting to receive in the cannabinoid profile.

The strain will determine the profile along with the flavor, terpenes, color etc. And the extraction method will determine what the final product looks & tastes like after being refined.

Some strains produce different colors of extracted oil.

I would research the different extraction methods and get an idea of how each one works.

From what I've heard rosin is the best flavor wise and with no solvents used it's one of the cleanest.

The last step after extraction for max purity is short path distillation. which uses different temp set points to vaporize the different chemical compounds to seperate them and recondense them into seperate containers.

This is very clean and can isolate pure thc, cbd , etc. Which flavor wise is great but you'd be missing out on the terps and the full profile flavors.

So it mostly comes down down to preference on what kind of high or taste you want to enjoy.

I know my answers aren't always exact. But I've noticed most things in life are relative and can have many different outcomes dependant upon each situation or individual.

Going from a consumer perspective. I'd stick to the yellow shatter because it has the potential to be a more pure product.
12534121 1666118453654756 258177730 n

I've also seen that distillate usually comes out amber in color but it is not shatter.
Distillate1ss

Both forms are clean and good, but as you can see color varies between processes.

Color can also be affected by shorter or longer flowering times causing the trichomes to ripen and turn more amber, or be more clear and less ripe.

If your growing your own plants and extracting your own oil. I would not worry about color at all.

Last edited:
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Just touching base old friends.

Life is going well.

After the divorce the debt created was $20,600

I buckled down when i moved back and cut all the bullshit from my life so I could live minimally and save money.

Right now my debt sits at $9,000 total
So I've paid off $11,600 since july 2017.

Moving right along.

I've also been promoted to a foreman which included a $2hr raise putting me at $32hr.

I'm running work and am doing good at it.
I have found my stability and happiness again. Just a few more months to get fully out from underneath this debt.

I am now in a new relationship with a good person and I'm seeing where it leads.

I am only renting out 1bdrm in a house for $425 /month whereas the average in this area is $850. It was an impossible find yet it is key to the success of my debt pay down strategy. It accounts for only %12.73 of my after tax income :-D.

I won't be able to grow anything for a while, maybe a year or 2. But I still have big plans in the future when I can.

Just figured I'd drop in and share an update for anyone curious what has been going on.

Life is busy and work responsibilities are keeping me tied up. So i don't have much spare time. I'll poke in though from time to time.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Life is going well.

I buckled down when i moved back and cut all the bullshit from my life so I could live minimally and save money.

Moving right along.

I've also been promoted to a foreman which included a $2hr raise putting me at $32hr.

I have found my stability and happiness again. Just a few more months to get fully out from underneath this debt.

I am now in a new relationship with a good person and I'm seeing where it leads.

I am only renting out 1bdrm in a house for $425 /month whereas the average in this area is $850. It was an impossible find yet it is key to the success of my debt pay down strategy. It accounts for only %12.73 of my after tax income :-D.

I won't be able to grow anything for a while, maybe a year or 2. But I still have big plans in the future when I can.

Just figured I'd drop in and share an update for anyone curious what has been going on.

Life is busy and work responsibilities are keeping me tied up. So i don't have much spare time. I'll poke in though from time to time.
Been awhile, great to see you. Would be nice to see you around again.

incogneato

incogneato

Life is going well.

Moving right along.

Whats up R? Always good ro hear from you brotha, i know the crew appreciates seeinv you around. Awesome to see you're still doing good from the last time we communicated.

jipp

jipp

he lives, glad to see you are getting back on your feet. im working on the same damn thing i guess. laughs.

but im growing still, cant grow enough meds for my self tho, my tolerance has not gotten any lower, so i guess we will be the dedicated oil testers hah. and so far i def prefer a trained plant over a none trained plant with my limited space. plus they just look cool.

just chilling here.

Ecompost

Ecompost

Life is going well.

Moving right along.

ah you take good care of yourself buddy, this is a very positive post if you ask me. i am chuffed you are finding your mojo :-) when you are ready to grow again, we will be here mate:-) and anytime between

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Thanks everybody!!!

I'm a very happy, optimistic, strong minded individual.

But that string of negative life events really tested my resolve.

I didn't turn to drugs , alcohol, or even weed.
All of them negatively contributed to the depression.

I even made sure to get rid of my pain meds still floating around from the hernia surgery so i wouldn't be tempted by the all over good body feelings they give. It is a false sense of feeling good that could just delay the mental recovery and possibly ruin me for life.

I always happily sung along to music at work everyday b4 the event. For 3-4 months after I couldn't even listen to any music. It all brought up the feelings over and over.

But now I'm back to music everyday at work and singing happily, out loud while i work.

I have to say my support group of friends here really helped me out in my time of need.
I moved back and stayed with them for 3 months. They listened, helped keep me surrounded, and were just there for me.
After 3 months i got my own place again and was back on my feet. Washington state is my home, it's where my heart is & my friends are my family.

On a side note my car is sitting in Indiana at my performance engine builders shop( he won an engine builder of the year award.)

I have big plans for my little car!!!
Gonna get a full ground up performance engine build.

he's gonna do a performance alignment on the suspension I installed by making custom metal camber plates.

I may even ask him to convert my rear drums to disc brakes.

he is gonna rebuild my (working) tranny while seeing if he can strengthen it for the extra power.

Custom intake manifold

Port & polish with the flow bench

Custom forged pistons & rods

Balanced rotating assembly

Bored out engine for more displacement.

Custom cam grind

Valves and valve springs...

The list goes on.

Still deciding on n/a or supercharged.
I have plenty of time still.

It's been a life long dream to build a car complete. All that is left after this will be custom interior, body work & paint job!!!

I'm guessing 1-2 years for complete.
Because i am making payments over time and i asked him not to rush so I could dedicate as much money as possible to the build. So far I've put $4k down out of the original estimate of $6500. But as my plan changes so does the amount grow lol!

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

Life is going well.

Moving right along.

Good to hear from ya, hope everything is well for you.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Popping in. my little car sits at the shop still. it's at the bottom of the list of $100,000+ builds lmao.

mines not even %7 of any of them.

But while I'm without that vehicle I needed a good sold work horse.
So I got a low mileage 03 Hyundai accent. And dropped a bunch of work onto it;

Purchase price $1,250

Bulk work done immediately after purchased 75,600 mi on the odometer;
Jason (labor) $400
Oil change 10w30 Mobil1 $35
Spark plugs $12
Spark plug wires $50
Valve cover $43
Fel-pro valve cover gasket $11
Crankshaft position sensor $18
Throttle cable $33
Air/fuel ratio sensor $32
Timing belt +accessory kit $100
All 3 new accessory drive belts $65
Exedy slave cylinder $30
Clutch disk, pressure plate, bearing $96
Flywheel $125
Front motor mount $44
Rear motor mount $24
Oil pan $24
Fel-pro oil pan gasket $12
Thermostat $10
Fel-pro thermostat gasket $3
Rain guards $20
Rotors $100
EBC green stuff pads $67
Drums $85
Shoes $27
Drum rebuild kit $6
L+R rear wheel cylinders $50
Rear ultra racing swaybar $209
Front ultra racing lower 4 point brace $172
Front ultra racing upper strut bar $128
Rear+front swaybar links $70
All 4 complete strut assemblies$224
Tinted windows $255
Rear oem spoiler kit $80
Title,registration,emissions, plates etc $300
Tire rotation $free, 76,684
oil change (mobile 10w30 & wix filter) $40, 78,632
4 wheel alignment $235, 78,692

The car was dealer maintained its whole life & was donated to charity. so it didn't need most of this stuff. I just wanted a solid 8-10 year daily driver for work.

I had the exact car b4 I got this one (04 accent) it has 210k on the odometer. which means I'm good for 130-140k+ miles.

I think even though I spent more than expected. it will pay itself off over time with the money it brings me making it reliably to work each day.

The forum wont let me post the album so...

20180514 181931
20180514 181859
20180609 083812
20180609 083856
20180609 083944
20180609 083950
Last edited:
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
your in the trades and running work. Why would you buy a car and not a Work Truck. Sometimes you astound me. Not practical for the application you are touting. But each to their own...……

Works great. I strap ladders and equipment to my roof rack and carry my personal tools inside.

I've never needed a truck...
I'm being paid to do work and run work, not to supply my vehicle to haul things around.

If they want that they can give me a truck... you know how easy it is to call the paint store or company warehouse and arrange a delivery?

Old-school thinking is that you must buy a personal vehicle that the company will utilize because they won't have to pay for it. "thus ensuring the worker stays working"

By giving into that mentality you shift that cost from their pockets to yours which comes out of your paycheck... I'm not like that.

Nowadays it's about forward thinking and planning to streamline things increasing efficiency & reducing costs on all parties associated.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Works great. I strap ladders and equipment to my roof rack and carry my personal tools inside.

I've never needed a truck...
I'm being paid to do work and run work, not to supply my vehicle to haul things around.

If they want that they can give me a truck... you know how easy it is to call the paint store or company warehouse and arrange a delivery?

Old-school thinking is that you must buy a personal vehicle that the company will utilize because they won't have to pay for it. "thus ensuring the worker stays working"

By giving into that mentality you shift that cost from their pockets to yours which comes out of your paycheck... I'm not like that.
well my employer is making my payments on my 017 tundra. Comes with the company vehicle allowance. 550 a month. So in essence they are supplying me a vehicle. The wear and tear would be there either way.

Beside trucks are way more practical for camping, moving, work and life in general etc try moving a 4 bedroom house in a accent :D you will learn as you age

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
are you back to work yet or still living the life of Reilly ?

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
well my employer is making my payments on my 017 tundra. Comes with the company vehicle allowance. 550 a month. So in essence they are supplying me a vehicle. The wear and tear would be there either way.

Beside trucks are way more practical for camping, moving, work and life in general etc try moving a 4 bedroom house in a accent :D you will learn as you age

My 1st accent was used to do just that. it moved a family into a 4 bedroom house. the roof rack held a book shelf larger that the vehicle itself with stuff stacked up top. that is the roof rack on mine that swapped over. much more utility is added with the roof rack that you would think.

Here Is a picture of the old 4 door next to my new 2dr.

20180524 194538
20180317 200141
20180317 234215
20180317 234313
20180325 175911
20180325 175952
20180325 180054
20180325 180034
Top Bottom